Sign In   Register

Topic

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188735

Mint cat ...is it a mancoon? If that's how it's spelt.

Yep that's my little Lucifer, years ago. He's all grown up now :omg:

He's a Maine Coon - Maine from the American state he comes from, Coon short for raccoon, as the Yanks originally thought they were produced by European ship's cats interbreeding with the local raccoons :-?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188736

Fantastic looking...I had never heard of them till recently I've got that Google ap on my mobile...when you have a photo you press a icon and it tells you what it is....well it's wrong...I've 2 cats the largest is ginger and white long haired..... I pressed on the ap and it came up Raggamuffin and another time it came up maine coon....so I looked at the breed and was amazed at the size of them.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188739

Fantastic looking...I had never heard of them till recently I've got that Google ap on my mobile...when you have a photo you press a icon and it tells you what it is....well it's wrong...I've 2 cats the largest is ginger and white long haired..... I pressed on the ap and it came up Raggamuffin and another time it came up maine coon....so I looked at the breed and was amazed at the size of them.

Mine was bred in Bristol – he’s not particularly big. If you Google them, as you say, you’ll see some enormous brutes in SepticLand. But he’s quite big enough – although he’s quite gentle and affectionate (except towards dogs), he weighs over a stone, is very powerful and has extremely sharp claws, so can hurt you accidentally…

By “Ragamuffin”, it probably means Ragdoll – they’re lovely too, and extremely gentle.

PS if you REALLY want to see a big cat, have a look at this guy ;)

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188740

Very nice that...fantastic markings..I bet most people would be scared of these larger breeds but from what I can judge they are gentle giants...treat any cat with respect and caution...I was holding my cat has a bang on the door made it launch off..clawing my chest and taking my breath away with shock
When she was a kitten her tail was a triangle shape...somethings wrong I said the tail looks flat and triangular shaped...after a while it grew...and grew tI'll the tail was massive..Fox like..not has big has your cats but still very bushy...mines timid has they come but shows her teeth has I aproach the door and on entering shows effection has if to say ...I didn't mean it!

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188742

Maine coon has got to be one of the nicest breeds of cats there is. Wonderful, friendly cats. I've always wanted one and used to live next to the State of Maine.
Mark
95 MGF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hogweed

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188750

How did we move onto moggies?
Anyway-the door cards will come off easily-( take a look in the how to's section for some good descriptions)
I move the door glass down about half way to remove and refit makes the black weather strip easier to refit.
When you have done that look at the lower right side of the door ( move the glass up ) and you will see an access hole-in there is where the smaller of the two looms connect . ( maybe a good idea to disconnect the battery first)
By the way -all door locks since MGF mk2 through MGTF types use the same door lock mechanism with two looms .

The door locks can be dissected when removed ( how to.s are available ) inside the drivers door lock there are 2 microswitches on top of each other , they don't actually break they just come adrift from there fixings and can be glued back in place. ( I have done this on my MG) .The passenger side door lock has one microswitch .

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hogweed

Last edit: Post by g4wam.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188751

How did we move onto moggies?

Guess there are a lot of bored people out here (including me) :oops:

Anyway, thanks for that - really useful.

In the meantime, I'm trying the other suggestion of just locking it with the key, to see if I can isolate the problem a bit further. And it didn't go off last night... we'll see...

Was great to take it out for a blast yesterday for the first time in ages (I've decided it's to be a dry weather car, which means in N Ireland you only get out 2 days a year). When I moved from an M3 to a diesel 75 8 years ago, I thought I'd lost all interest in driving fast... it would seem it only needed the right car to bring it back again :drive:

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188752

I have the same issue with my F, the alarm goes off spontaneously when the door are locked. I've tried locking the doors with the key but it made no difference with my car. I feel confident that the problem lies within the lock mechanisms microswitches because I had the same problem with a 2000 VK Golf and replacing the lock mechanism fixed the problem.
Mark
95 MGF

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188753

Mark,
if you go down my suggested route to locate which side the problem is located you may run into a problem with your MGF -the MK1 MGF door locks have a combined door lock loom

Mike

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188754

The door locks can be dissected when removed ( how to.s are available ) inside the drivers door lock there are 2 microswitches on top of each other , they don't actually break they just come adrift from there fixings and can be glued back in place. ( I have done this on my MG) .The passenger side door lock has one microswitch .

Mike

These micro-switches in the drivers door. Is it these that allow the key entry of the EKA code? I ask because I cannot make the EKA code work in my 2004 TF 135. I know I have the right code because it was provided by Brown & Gammon when I bought a new oval fob and confirmed by my mechanic when I asked him to check on his electronic diagnostic tool. He couldn't make the key access work either. Do I need to investigate the switches?

Last edit: Post by BruceTF135. Reason: typo

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188755

I had the same issue with my TF last year , in that it wouldn't recognise the EKA . I changed the door lock on the O/S door and it made no difference at all .Once I had sent the BCU to Paul at Technozen , the problem dissappeared as he had waved his wand over it .
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceTF135, Hogweed

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188756

Once I had sent the BCU to Paul at Technozen , the problem dissappeared as he had waved his wand over it

And, of course, that's another thing I'm hoping for - he's just had mine to fix the low fob range problem, where you practically have to touch the car with it to lock or unlock the doors. Maybe his magic will accidentally fix the other problem :clap:

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT