Sign In   Register

Topic

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 1 month ago #189785

By ' fiddled with ' what did you do ?
John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Spelling

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 1 month ago #189800

Do you mind my asking how you knew there was actually something wrong with that part of the loom in the first place?

<<<<snip>>>>

Hhmmm. If I understand you correctly… doesn't seem to be a return to the alarm on mine? Just a single wire/connector to the boot switch…

My central brake light wasn't working.

The wiring diagrams are in the downloads under the community tab at the top of the page. It is possible that the alarm looks for a signal going to earth to know the boot is opened.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 1 month ago #189802

To be able to get to the sensor you need to remove t-bar. Problem is, in order to remove t-bar, you need to remove both seats.

Slide the seats all the way foward and tilt as far foward as they go.

Alarm going off during the night 4 years 11 months ago #190335

Until you get it sorted, just unplug the horn connector under the bonnet instead of having to disconnect the battery every time.

So here we are, several alarm-free weeks later… and it went off at 6:30 this morning. I always lock the doors with key now, so I guess it isn't the volumetric sensor after all.

I’m just not going to start pulling doors apart etc – eyes too unfocused, fingers too shaky, temper too short. And I’m not going to buy a 2nd-hand door mech which might have the same problem.

So not too many alternatives left (get the petrol and matches out?)… short term, I’m going to disconnect the horn, but I need a longer term solution – wonder if it might be possible to connect the horn directly to the button, and bypass the wiring from the alarm…? Sounds an easier job than changing a door mech – I’m comfortable with wiring.

Alarm going off during the night 4 years 11 months ago #190336

Try this- https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/21-david-aiketgates-guides/11201-alarm-system-how-to-test
David
:shrug:

Alarm going off during the night 4 years 11 months ago #190337

Have you checked boot lock once again?

Second thing, horn should not be the one that is triggered by your alarm, but BBUS unit (Batter Backed-Up Sounder). If you disconnect it you should silence the neighbour wakening device.

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

Alarm going off during the night 4 years 11 months ago #190339

Try this- https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/21-david-aiketgates-guides/11201-alarm-system-how-to-test

Thanks David – yes, I looked at that before. But… maybe I’m misunderstanding something, but presumably that test would only highlight (eg) a faulty door switch if the fault was actually present when testing?

Thing is, for weeks it’ll be OK, then suddenly off it goes (and ALWAYS between 5:30 and 6:30 in the morning when it does happen). Volumetric switched off, so presumably no early perambulating spiders or cats on the roof will trigger it…

Have you checked boot lock once again?

No, because I was VERY careful when I put it back together last time, and am sure it’s OK. Also, the warning light has never come on since then.

Second thing, horn should not be the one that is triggered by your alarm, but BBUS unit (Batter Backed-Up Sounder). If you disconnect it you should silence the neighbour wakening device.

Really??? I had no idea… Is it easy to find, and smash to pieces with a hammer?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Alarm going off during the night 4 years 11 months ago #190341

I already answerd on .org ...

Alarm going off during the night 4 years 11 months ago #190358

I already answerd on .org ...

A lot of us on here don't use .org...……………..

Alarm going off during the night 4 years 7 months ago #191478

OK, interesting development… well, a little anyway. Since my last post, so what, 16 weeks ago? I’ve driven the car 1-3 times a week, then left it in the driveway as usual, locked with the fob (volumetric sensor has been disabled in T4).

No alarms all that time, until today… off went the alarm this morning. Locked and unlocked the car several times, but every time I locked it the alarm started again.

Now here’s an interesting thing that hasn’t happened before, as far as I can remember. When I locked the car with the fob this morning, the horn beeped, in the way it does to tell you a door or something is open. I opened and closed both doors and the boot several times (forgot about the bonnet as I couldn't reach it), but got the single horn beep every time. I left the car unlocked all day.

When I got back, I decided to try the diagnostic procedure – slightly limited as I’m on my own here, but did the best I could, and tried each lots of times (except the bonnet, as I couldn’t reach). Results as follows:

1) Driver's door courtesy light switch – OK
2) Passenger door(s) courtesy light switch – OK
3) Bonnet open switch – not tested
4) Boot open switch – always flashed the LED, BUT occasionally twice…?
5) Driver's sill button "up" switch – OK
6) Driver's sill button "down" switch – OK

Although I didn’t test the bonnet switch, I did find it corroded back in the summer, and sanded its contacts and greased them – it then worked fine, and I assume it’s still OK now, but will look at it again when my garage is ready.

Does anybody know what the double flash from the boot lid might mean? I did attend to that switch back in the summer…

Last edit: Post by Hogweed.

Alarm going off during the night 4 years 7 months ago #191482

How did you run the diagnostics?

Alarm going off during the night 4 years 7 months ago #191484

How did you run the diagnostics?

Using the guide on here...?
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT