Sign In   Register

Topic

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188649

For the last two nights, my alarm (Pektron) has been triggered around 5 in the morning, which no doubt is endearing me to the neighbours. On Saturday night, it happened once; last night, it started again after timing out the first time, so I had to run out in my pyjamas. I didn’t know what to do, so unlocked it, then left the boot slightly open to stop it locking itself again.

Is this a known issue? Can anybody suggest what to check please? The only thing which happened before this, a few days ago, is that I took the foot well cover off to see where the screws were to remove the SCU, as I want to send it off to Technozen to get a 2nd fob.

But I didn’t touch anything, honestly Your Honour – literally checked it was a Security Torx screw, then put the cover back on, so I can’t imagine that caused it.

Thanks as always…

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188652

Hi .
This hasn't happened to me but if it did I would see if locking the car with the key in the door to eliminate the internal space protection . If it happens again after doing this the problem could be the system needs to have the sensor turned down to be less sensitive , which I think can be done with the Rover T4 diagnostics. It could possibly be BCU related and as you are planning to send the unit away to Technozen , let Paul see if there is anything untoward on the alarm side . As we seem to have returned to very damp weather , it might even be damp or corrosion in the system . Sorry , can't be any more helpful . :nonod:

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hogweed

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188653

There will be people who know more about this than me but, could it be anything to do with the old problem of damaged wiring in the loom at the boot hinge? Mine looks a bit of a mess and I often think I should get in there with some wire and the soldering iron but, touch wood, everything seems to be working at the moment :whistle:

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188656

This hasn't happened to me but if it did I would see if locking the car with the key in the door to eliminate the internal space protection . If it happens again after doing this the problem could be the system needs to have the sensor turned down to be less sensitive , which I think can be done with the Rover T4 diagnostics. It could possibly be BCU related and as you are planning to send the unit away to Technozen , let Paul see if there is anything untoward on the alarm side . As we seem to have returned to very damp weather , it might even be damp or corrosion in the system . Sorry , can't be any more helpful . :nonod:

Right, didn’t know about the key-turning trick – will give the neighbours a few nights off (have disconnected the battery), then try that. We have a T4 guy locally should that prove necessary.

I’m waiting for the Torx bit from Paul, but he doesn't seem to be answering his emails – maybe he get swamped, like other guys who know things…

I do worry about the damp. The car isn't garaged, and steams up very badly on the inside when it sits in wet weather – is this normal?? My Rover doesn't do it…

There will be people who know more about this than me but, could it be anything to do with the old problem of damaged wiring in the loom at the boot hinge?

Thanks, I’ll have a look – hopefully, as the car has only 14000 on the clock, things like that shouldn't be worn out yet…

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188683

Only 14000 miles wow that's low...I would just buy some ear plugs..
20 SOFT FOAM EAR PLUGS, 10 PAIRS OF HOWARD LEIGHT LASER LITE EARPLUGS SNR 35 dB
Completed

Or call this guy!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188685

Had this when I got mine. Sadly though I can't offer a fix for you.

When I got home from working a night duty I discovered a cat was sleeping on it....

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188702

this has happened to me .
on my MGF it was in the door lock (microswitch)-I disconnected the door loom on the drivers side to prove it.

on your MGTF ( pektron) I would suggest it is in the same area ( the door lock microswitches get damaged over the years ).,

you need to try and prove which side it is ( once again disconnecting the smaller of the 2 door looms staring with to driver side) .

Disconnecting the small door loom connector will not stop dead locking so no security issues

Mike

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188728

Keep taking the tablets. All at the same time ;-)

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188729

Only 14000 miles wow that's low...I would just buy some ear plugs..

Keep taking the tablets. All at the same time ;-)

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188730

Had this when I got mine. Sadly though I can't offer a fix for you.

When I got home from working a night duty I discovered a cat was sleeping on it....

Well, this is my cat, and he does sleep on it :bang: but only during the day...

Attachments:

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188731

this has happened to me .
on my MGF it was in the door lock (microswitch)-I disconnected the door loom on the drivers side to prove it.

on your MGTF ( pektron) I would suggest it is in the same area ( the door lock microswitches get damaged over the years ).,

you need to try and prove which side it is ( once again disconnecting the smaller of the 2 door looms staring with to driver side) .

Disconnecting the small door loom connector will not stop dead locking so no security issues

Mike

That's useful, thanks... will give it a try when I get a chance. If I can get the door cards off without breaking all the little plastic thingies, like i did on my Rover 75... are they relatively easy to remove?

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188734

Mint cat ...is it a mancoon? If that's how it's spelt.

Time to create page: 0.909 seconds