Sign In   Register

Topic

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188774

the drivers door side microswitches do indeed allow the EKA code to be entered -but if the EKA code was corrupted in the SCU it wouldn't match so wouldn't work.
I honestly believe that the microswitches will still need to be fixed by either replacing the offending door lock or repairing the switches in cases where the alarm goes of at random , or just disconnect the small loom connector .

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188787

I had the same issue with my TF last year , in that it wouldn't recognise the EKA . I changed the door lock on the O/S door and it made no difference at all .Once I had sent the BCU to Paul at Technozen , the problem dissappeared as he had waved his wand over it .
John

Thanks, John. It sounds Like I need to speak to Paul, then. The irony is that I contacted him in the first place when I wanted a second fob but he directed me to B&G as he didn't have any in stock...

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188788

the drivers door side microswitches do indeed allow the EKA code to be entered -but if the EKA code was corrupted in the SCU it wouldn't match so wouldn't work.
I honestly believe that the microswitches will still need to be fixed by either replacing the offending door lock or repairing the switches in cases where the alarm goes of at random , or just disconnect the small loom connector .

Mike

Ah! Just saw this - it was on the next page. OK. before I arrange to get my unit to Paul, I'll check out the micro-switches on the drivers door.

I wish there was room to fully open the car's door inside the garage as it's a tad chilly outside.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188812

Hhmmm. Just had the car out for a thrash, and there's a fair bit of spider's web in it (no sign of the little bar steward itself, though - no doubt it'll be hiding in a vent somewhere).

Can't believe something as small as a spider could trigger the alarm...?

Before anybody says it, no tarantulas in N Ireland - it's too cold :P

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188822

good god, that cat s bigger than our dog.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 4 months ago #188831

good god, that cat s bigger than our dog.

Heh - yeah :lol:

That was a few years ago. He's all grown up now.

Weighs over a stone... but is pretty affectionate.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 2 months ago #189350

Okaaayyyy… no problem since my last post nearly 2 months ago. To be honest I’d been hoping that Technozen fixing my Pektron problem had fixed this as well, but the horn started beeping at 7:30 this morning. I’m insomniac, usually being awake most of the night, then going into a deep sleep for an hour or so at… you’ve guessed it, 7:30, so not happy, as I’m sure the neighbours aren’t either.

I stumbled outside, stopped the noise with the fob, left the boot slightly open to stop it re-arming, and went back to bed. Now, having just got up again, I went out, closed the boot, and locked the car with the key in the door, to test if it’s the volumetric sensors.

However… when I turned the key, it locked etc, but my horn beeped briefly. On my Rover 75, this means you’ve left a door/boot open somewhere – does it work the same way with this Pektron system?

If so, it would obviously help me to isolate the problem…

Cheers guys :D

Update: right, just now the horn started going, so if I've done it right, this means it isn't the volumetrics... so does the horn beep on locking with the key also indicate a door switch?

Thanks

Last edit: Post by Hogweed.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 2 months ago #189351

Hi. Yes that's what my TF does when I have left anything open . Well you need to test the switches that operate the the doors and the bonnet. The boot however is operated via a switch that is incorporated into the locking latch . When I looked at mine when I was fitting a remote boot popper I found quite a bit of corosion on the point where it actually earth's out when the latch closes . There could of course be a problem with boot wiring harness where the loom follows the hinge into the engine bay . That is well known area for problems. I have included a picture that shows the rear of the boot latch and in front of my finger is the earthing point for the latch .
I did also suggest that you may need to have the alarm sensetivity turned down but I think that can only be done by the MG/Rover T4 system.
Hope this helps you . ;)
John
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hogweed

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 2 months ago #189352

Hi. Yes that's what my TF does when I have left anything open . Well you need to test the switches that operate the the doors and the bonnet. The boot however is operated via a switch that is incorporated into the locking latch . When I looked at mine when I was fitting a remote boot popper I found quite a bit of corosion on the point where it actually earth's out when the latch closes . There could of course be a problem with boot wiring harness where the loom follows the hinge into the engine bay . That is well known area for problems. I have included a picture that shows the rear of the boot latch and in front of my finger is the earthing point for the latch .
I did also suggest that you may need to have the alarm sensetivity turned down but I think that can only be done by the MG/Rover T4 system.
Hope this helps you . ;)
John

Thanks again John :D

How do I check the harness - my old M3 had this problem, many years ago, and I seem to remember having to cut all the insulation off etc to inspect it :(

Last edit: Post by Hogweed.

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 2 months ago #189353

I've just been reading the earlier posts about this and your comment about your F only having covered a low mileage. My TF is low mileage and I checked my boot loom just see how things were and it was fine . If you look at the boot hinge on the left hand side you will see the conduit that helps keep the wires in place and it should be split along its length and will allow you to pull the wiring out . It's a bit of a pain as the wire could be tight being still coupled up to everything. I believe that the problem starts near the bend in the hinge and on mine the dealers were told to release the conduit from one of several plastic ties that hold it to the hinge , allowing it to flex a bit more . Does locking the car with the key stop the alarm triggering at night ? If it doesn't go off when locked with the key it could be the interior sensing is too keen .
John

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 2 months ago #189354

Does locking the car with the key stop the alarm triggering at night ? If it doesn't go off when locked with the key it could be the interior sensing is too keen .
John

No, I locked it with the key this morning, and a short while later it went off - so I have to assume it's not the internal sensors, I guess :(

Alarm going off during the night 5 years 2 months ago #189355

Well Hogweed I have to agree with you on that . Most on the Bar would suggest the boot wiring or the bonnet and door pin switches . Well if you took the swiches out of the doors and bonnet and disconnected the wires would be good test for a night to see if it triggered. I am off out now but I will have think about it through the day and see if I can suggest anything else .
John

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT