Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203717

Sound deadening this week.
A bit nervous of taking the membrane off the doors as they look as if they’ve never been touched. Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by MAXTHEDOG.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203721

That lot looks good, can you hear the clock tick? Mind you with that lot you should be able to hear the clock tick in the next car along.
Do let us know how effective it’s been?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MAXTHEDOG

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203722

It’s been the best part of twelve months since this smug face drove away from the MOT station with permission to drive the car on public roads, providing I’ve paid for the pleasure of sitting in traffic, pitted my wits against other road users whose abilities are on a par with - - - - -, (I’ll let you fill that bit in) & avoided pot holes. I’ve also paid to have my car insured against those of questionable abilities.
I’ve got it all to do again shortly. I’m happy with everything apart from when the metal probe is rattled around the exhaust & this year more so as when I was fiddling about with the rocker cover I transposed the breather pipes & the vacuum created by the inlet manifold sucked oil up from the sump & it took me a while before the penny dropped (clouds of smoke).
Anyway I went underneath to have a look around & decided that a bracket looked like it needed a spot of paint. I rived off the rusted nuts, drilled them out & after paint chose two shiny stainless nuts & bolts, which fitted nicely. I then stated the threads & with the gun wizzed the nuts up & ended up “pick up” the threads on both, which meant riving & wrecking them until I was compelled to reach for the grinder.
All is now well & serene but it was a chunk of time spent that didn’t need spending.
M

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203725

The replacement engine bay fan plus a heat shield for the top of the exhaust manifold have just arrived so will be fitting this evening.
The previous owner seems to have left out the 3x difficult to access bolts for the engine cover so i'll look some out. I found on the other car that using slightly shorter bolts allows them to be fitted and removed without having to take out the T bar and speaker bar each time.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203736

Airportable
Thanks very much. Did the doors and the panel in front of the spare today. 20 sheets,16 by 10 inches used. Could do with a few more for the footwells so might buy another pack and do some of the Freelander.
Effective? Yes, I think it is. I mainly did it to stop the doors, bonnet and boot sounding less ‘tinny’ and that has worked. I went for a spin last night and convinced myself that something was better. Obviously confirmation bias…..
I think it was worth the £35 anyways.
Regards,
Michael.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203738

£35, that sounds like awfully good value!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203739

However, it’s 6kg heavier…. :slapme:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203740

Nitrogen in your tyres & helium bags in the dead spaces, that should return you to neutral buoyancy.
M

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203741

I have been looking into soundproofing our f as part of the rebuild...I think that I need to go on a diet!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203753

What make of soundproofing sheets did you use ? I will order some
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203767

Hi,
This is them:
https://www.deadening.co.uk/products/dodo-mat-deadn-hex-20-sheets

Enough to do the boot, boot lid, bonnet as per the pix and about half of each door. If you took the bass driver out you’d probably be able to do most of the door. I used the last two on the panels around the spare. £37.99 not £35. Another pack is on its way to do the floor and whatever else I can get at relatively easily.
Cheers,
Michael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203770

Thanks Michael. I will order some.

Have you noticed much difference so far ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT