Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 months 2 weeks ago #203107

According to the Gov.uk MOT site, you don't need a high level brake light to pass MOT , it's classed as a supplementary light. But, if fitted, and not working, it must be disabled.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 months 2 weeks ago #203110

That is interesting I was of the opinion that they were compulsory. Is this because of the age of our cars or could you disconnect the lamp from a five year old car, present it for MOT & assume it will pass?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 months 2 weeks ago #203111

Removed the complete interior (except for dash cover), cleaned everything. Shampood the carpets, then pressure washed them clean.
Pulled out all the heater ducts and evaporatort to clean them out and fix all the air leaks.
Adjusted the vent outlets so they close off correctly.
And just finishing off by moving an underseat sub into a different place that doesn't vibrate the arse off the passenger. I think I can pull the speaker out of the box and make a new box that fits in the back of the centre console/behind the armrest.
Maybe I'll fit a new radio with DAB.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 months 2 weeks ago #203115

I have flushed the fuel system this week! Drove 200 miles on Sunday, 300 miles on Monday and another 200 on Tuesday, TF is going well, going for a wheel refurb next week!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 months 2 weeks ago #203126

The info from the Gov.uk MOT website was generic, so it reads as this would apply to any car. The only brake lights which are compulsory are the other (main) lights.
I was surprised to read it too.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-inspection-manual-for-private-passenger-and-light-commercial-vehicles/4-lamps-reflectors-and-electrical-equipment#section-4-3-1
States that there must be 2 stop lights fitted, any over and above this can be disabled.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 months 2 weeks ago #203128

I give with one hand & take way with the other. Wouldn’t it be nice if road tax & petrol prices were like that.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 3 weeks ago #203585

Well, this week has been quite busy on the TF front:
Mechanical -
Finally got the low coolant alarm installed. Worked first time!
Replaced the plastic radiator bleed screw with Mike Saturs one.
Installed a brake servo strengthened from MG Mania.
Bling - seat belt escutcheons and seat belt tidies both from MG Mania.
While doing the alarm I noticed the areas that would benefit from Dinitrol or Bilt Hamber-ing. Seen some rear bushes that are looking a bit ahem worse for wear but there’s no knocking yet.
Cheers,
Michael.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 3 weeks ago #203589

Got home from a couple of weeks away & having finished my “just got home from holiday jobs” I’ve been to see the old thing & on the first half turn she was off & eager to be away.
This evening I’ll be refitting the high level brake light, which should have been done before I went away. Behind the door amongst the pile of junk mail we’re several packages for development jobs. One of which is a push switch for supplementary boot lights, it’s dark at the back of the garage in winter & extra few lumens won’t go amiss after our shopping trips.
I drilled the pilot hole earlier, finish the job off now.
M

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203614

Behind the strengthening web, where the boot latches mounted, I have a box of electronic tricks. It's easiest to mount the box with the wires to exit stage left, however stage right is the best to route the wires & keep everything tidy.
Before I went away I harmonised the wiring with the box mounting & was happy with the results. Due to my advancing years & my being away from the White Heat of buggering about for a couple of weeks I forgot I'd changed the wires about & managed to drill through the supply cables, blew a fuse & rendard several devices inactive. Yes I am a tit & you'll all know what this afternoons job will be.
M

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203615

Well done that man!
There are worse things to be than a tit……a silicone tit for instance
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203616

Yes there are worse things than being a tit but if the bra fits, wear it.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 2 weeks ago #203692

I removed the engine cover on the 135 to clean up the engine bay and also removed the seized engine bay fan ready to source a replacement. I found it easier to remove the 2x 8mm bolts between the bracket and the fan body as there was better clearance compared to undoing the lower bracket to bodywork bolt.

I made a slight adjustment to the soft top on the 115 which makes the back edge fit slightly lower against the bodywork. Then I tidied up a scruffy scrape on the drivers side wheel. Im hoping to take a few photos of the 115 over the next couple of evenings ready to advertise it.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT