Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 9 months ago #199478

As my car has dropped a little I started investigating hydragas pump up equipment which led me to AliExpress (again) so I have on order a pump and high pressure no loss Schrader valve.
I've even found a local company with the correct fluid, I live in New Zealand so don't have easy access to as many suppliers as in the UK.

I'll update once I've built it if it works.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Kiwi2001MGF. Reason: Updated

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 8 months ago #199591

Last night we fitted new plugs and coils (coils from Aliexpress) in an effort to fix an intermittant miss under load.
Ill replace the airfilter while its all open and we will see if the problem has gone.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pic added

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 8 months ago #199592

As my car has dropped a little I started investigating hydragas pump up equipment which led me to AliExpress (again) so I have on order a pump and high pressure no loss Schrader valve.
I've even found a local company with the correct fluid, I live in New Zealand so don't have easy access to as many suppliers as in the UK.

Nice, I did mine recently, it was low on the left, took surprisingly little fluid to get it back up to match the other side! Makes a big difference.. best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 8 months ago #199593

I bought 4L of fluid as it was all I could get. I think I will be able to go into business pumping up Hydralastic suspension as I will never use all of that on my car!

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 8 months ago #199594

Well.. it’s been a busy week, after changing the exhaust and cat a couple of weeks ago the flexi bit of the downpipe died.. so bought another 6 bolt downpipe and fitted that, bit of WD40 and it all cracked off ok (did almost knock my nose off with a breaker bar under the car though! :lol:) sadly I think the original o2 sensor has kicked the bucket though as the EML is on, stuck the code reader on it and it seems fine for a bit, then warms up, breaks down and goes open circuit.. luckily I put a little dry moly on the threads so I’ll change that tomorrow.. but at least the exhaust doesn’t sound like a whoopie cushion any more!

Apart from that I STILL have the squeaky front left.. and I’ve removed and checked / greased the shock, arm, joints and everything else.. I’m 100% sure it’s a creaky sphere, I pulled the rubber on the insert and filled it with WD but it still makes a racket.. next stop.. maybe a new sphere, or just turn the radio up.. more news as it breaks..

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 8 months ago #199595

I bought 4L of fluid as it was all I could get. I think I will be able to go into business pumping up Hydralastic suspension as I will never use all of that on my car!

I’m not 100% sure how much they hold but I’m pretty sure that’s a lifetime supply :lol:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 8 months ago #199597

in an effort to fix an intermittant miss under load.

I used to have trouble with an intermittent miss..... eventually she buggered off with the milkman! :bust: :coat:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Oh MG

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 8 months ago #199608

A successful morning, after finding somwhere that had the correct fittings to connect the schrader valve to the hose on my pump, we pumped up the suspension.
I fitted an icecream container in the pump for ease of cleanup and flushed it with diluted antifreeze afterwards.
Massive improvement to the ride, the car had dropped by about an inch.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 8 months ago #199719

Last night we fitted new plugs and coils (coils from Aliexpress) in an effort to fix an intermittant miss under load.
Ill replace the airfilter while its all open and we will see if the problem has gone.

Huge improvement in drivability and low rev torque, I am very surprised.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 8 months ago #199798

440 mile round trip to Suffolk for a camping break with friends. Both big trips in blistering heat. Only had the top up for 20 minutes to dodge a thunder storm near Boston on the way back. Done on one tank of petrol plus £10.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Oh MG

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 8 months ago #199811

FINALLY got round to swapping out the rotten underfloor coolant pipes for stainless ones, sourced from Sam’s Autos.. I have to say, grovelling around under the car undoing 6000 bolts which hold the skid tray on was awful, but rewarding, old pipes off, gave the inside of the rubber a good scotchbrite to get rid of any red death clinging on, a wipe of hylomar around the ends of the new pipes and it all fitted perfectly! Cooling system bled in the three points and the heater is hot and engine cool :lol: although while the cover is off (for the thousandth time this year) I’m going to bleed the clutch and lube the clutch arm and cylinder, it’s an oft missed point but can cause real headaches on these! God bless ‘working from home’ :lol:

<a href="https://ibb.co/c3W8DhK">76814503-A41-E-401-B-927-B-CF47-FD728483 41-F9-DAF0-2-DAD-468-B-A440-1975-FCEC1707 DDB8204-E-EC1-B-465-C-AE03-A2-C10-FE5-FECB 1-A7008-C1-6-DFB-41-D1-B4-F5-79-DBD19-C2-B66 A8-F48-A19-96-BA-4-C28-B914-F998-B99-EFF0-C D708-F28-C-78-F6-4461-8-BC1-D3-D9-D55-C5-E24

Stupid image hosting… :lol: there!

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 8 months ago #199818

Bled the clutch, and changed the oil! Only a few months since the last one but the car was sitting for some time beforehand so while the lid is off it seemed sensible, magnatec 10-40 as usual, no lifter treatment this time, she’s a bit clattery when cold but seems to really quieten down when warm so I gave her a thorough engine flush at high revs to clear the oil ways just in case.. seems quieter now but only a long run will tell! Timed perfectly too, did the last clip up on the roof and the heavens opened and haven’t stopped since, it’s torrential so it will be interesting to see just how much of a foot spa I have in the morning :lol: it can’t be any worse than my old mk2 scirocco which used to fill up to the door shuts if you parked on a hill! Took me weeks of f*ckery with a hose to find the offending leak.. bloody cars :lol:

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT