Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 7 months ago #199909

Changed the brown sensor on Gortour's F which needed a few run cycles to sort itself out but the car was running nicely by Wednesday as a result and it passed emissions on Friday, failing on known rust in the sills and a rear caliper siezure. Took the F out to collect a replacement caliper and a driver's door mech, which latter I changed in 40 minutes of continuous engineering language. The alarm system now arms as it should. Tomorrow afternoon, I shall be changing a caliper, pulling the pads out of the other one, winding the pistons back with the newly fabricated tool and setting up the handbrake for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gortour

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 7 months ago #199910

Should get the damage report for the welding this week.
Hopefully not too big a bill. Estimated £200 tops. 😀

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 7 months ago #199916

The caliper was, indeed, siezed solid. Replacing it with the better one was not difficult,as I had time to plan the tools I was taking with me. Job went well. Handbrake working fine, I'm up some Old Speckled Hen and have nothing better to do today than enjoy it! Thanks Gordy!

Last edit: Post by minimax.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 7 months ago #199921

Brakes now great, thanks Tom. I will have to lookal at the handbrake light switch next, as it's on more than off, only way to KEEP it off is usually to keep an hand on it. 😂

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 7 months ago #199926

Thanks, Bruce, that's exactly what I needed. My 2003 TF135 has had an unpleasantly sticky throttle since I bought it. In traffic it went from too little power to too much in an instant. I followed your advice, found exactly the same problem and fixed it the same way. Now the throttle is perfectly smooth throughout the range, and the car is much easier to heel-and-toe. Couldn't resist painting the assembly while I had it out.

David.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceTF135

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Added pic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 7 months ago #199932

Waited all week for a sensor which hadn't got here so wiped the raindrops off and put the cover on. Went in for a cuppa to find the sensor was there so now I'm waiting on the weather for tomorrow.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 7 months ago #199982

Thoroughly cleaned the windscreen and fitted new blades and Citroen washer jets. Spent an hour finding the missing washer when I refitted the MG ones. The Citroen ones were simply rubbish and washed the bonnet but not the glass.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 7 months ago #199984

Thoroughly cleaned the windscreen and fitted new blades and Citroen washer jets. Spent an hour finding the missing washer when I refitted the MG ones. The Citroen ones were simply rubbish and washed the bonnet but not the glass.

What led you to think that the Citroen jets would be a good swap?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 7 months ago #199986

They are often recommended here.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 7 months ago #199987

The shitroen jets I fitted to mine work good, maybe they vary on different models
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 7 months ago #199989

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
same, worked great for me.
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 7 months ago #200015

Fitted a bonnet pull and bootlid solenoid. Touched in a missed piece of paint and painted the radiator fixing plates then painted the underside of the cills with bituminous paint.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT