Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 6 months ago #200180

Yes one must appease the engineering gods with a blood sacrifice, or the job won’t go well!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 6 months ago #200237

Circa 450 mile round trip to see my son and brother. Just 800 miles left on the insurance milage til late April, so will probably be SORNing for 3 or 4 months soon.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 6 months ago #200272

Leaving it well alone. Rocked up at Home yesterday, having left F in Distopia. Planned a break.
Tony has no spark on his long laid up B. Have I got an AVO? Yes and a day to spare. Got spark, added a couple of gallons of fresh and got it going. Debugged the electrics and need to sort out a big Weber before it is happy but it moved today under power so not a wasted day.

Last edit: Post by minimax.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 6 months ago #200282

Today I re installed the reverse light switch. I did it a few weeks ago but it turns out it was on all the time. Took it out and the switch is real sensitive. Re installed it with teh new and old washer and now its working!

L.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 5 months ago #200415

Twenty minutes changing Gortour's front dampers made the expected difference. He is a happy bunny.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 1 year 4 months ago #200578

I needed to get my hardtop from Gortour and, having promised him my good hood, we chose today to do the swap. Hoods came off in minutes and mine went on his car in a few minutes more. I bolted the hardtop brackets up and popped the lid on without the other hood, which was due to be stripped down and re covered.
It only took a run around the block to show that this was a mistake. The noise was infuriating and far worse than I could remember from last time I had the lid on. Gortour came around with the removed hood and it took ages to fit as these things do. It made the car much quieter, only a bit of wind noise from the driver's door giving minor inconvenience
The glass was cleaned three times with Amberclens, then Calotherm liquid and re treated with Rain X anti fog inside. The outside got the same treatment and a dose of exterior Rain X. The Mayo on the dipstick was beginning to dissipate after a few brutal miles and sometime this weekend, I have to give the brute a good scrub.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 months 3 weeks ago #202969

Fitted new disc today. One of the guide pins was seized, so new set to be ordered - any suggestions best place to get these from or are the ones on ebay OK?
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 months 3 weeks ago #202970

I’m glad to see Wacha bin doin resurrected after six months +. Why it fell out of favour is a mystery, thanks for bringing it back & let’s all start using it again.
M

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 months 3 weeks ago #202982

Im mid way through replacing the front wishbones on the 135. I feel a glutton for punishment after doing one on the 115 a few weeks ago. To be fair none of the subframe mount bolts were seized and the only remotely tough thing so far was extracting one of the pinch bolts. The new wishbones have arrived and are soaking in Dinitrol to help preserve them. il hopefully get them on the car one evening during the week.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 months 2 weeks ago #203010

Replaced all 12 normal wheel nuts with solid steel zinc plated jobs. Two of the originals weren’t right as a 19mm socket wouldn’t grip correctly. Had to use a 20mm to get them off.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 months 2 weeks ago #203096

I finished fitting the new front wishbones on the 135 with little drama and then 'de bobbled' the alcantara drivers seat with a lint remover gadget from Ebay. Very pleased with the result. The high level brake light I ordered turned out to be for an F so has been sent back and Ive now ordered one from Darren. I need to put it in for it's MOT

In the meantime ive been driving the 115 with the hood down
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 9 months 2 weeks ago #203099

That’s not the first time that’s happened, some sellers don’t know one model from the other. If in doubt buy from someone who knows, Darren is always a good choice.

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT