Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 1 week ago #203911

:clap:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 1 week ago #203963

Today I fitted a full set of MG mud flaps to my MGF Volcano. The instructions were good and clear. No problems. :)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 5 days ago #204030

Hunted down by Lancias. This was after I spun the TF coming out of the chicane on a wet track. I avoided the tyre wall unlike an Integrale, TR3 and a mint 80's Ferrari....

(nb photo credit)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cobber

Last edit: Post by neilpinleeds.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 5 days ago #204031

A Lancia Fulvia Zagato nonetheless!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: neilpinleeds

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 3 days ago #204037

Today I sorted the tyre pressures as they were all wrong.
Cleaned out the cigarette socket to get it working again.
Fitted the new resister for the blower, settings 1 and 2 are finally working.
And finally I ripped out the front airbox which was allowing a waterfall to fill the passenger side.
Now I just need to find the newer snorkel type instock somewhere.

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 3 days ago #204038

Ive just changed all the wheelnuts on the 135 for solid ones. Some of the chrome covers on the originals had deformed which was making it tricky to get a socket on them, exactly what you dont want when changing a wheel in the rain.
I then used the best of the originals to replace some of the rougher ones on the 115.
Having done that Im now wondering about locking wheel nuts. Do people still bother ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 3 days ago #204040

Locking wheel nuts are more trouble than they’re worth, who’s gonna bother pinching our wheels with their oddball PCD that fits bugger all else and here in Oz none of the scumbags bother to knock off anything under 18” dia,
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 8 months 3 days ago #204041

I have little or no idea why I bother with locking nuts, for the very reason Cobber has outlined. Plus you have one extra item which has to be kept safe at all costs whilst on the road & if you have a wheel off you have a couple of Cinderella bits mixed in with the significant parts.
The next question is one of comparative cost, standard nuts win hands down, why spend more if your buying into more inconvenience & if some cretinous dick end nicks your wheels it’s a good excuse to buy an adapter to change the PCD & then your wheel choice simply explodes.
M

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 months 4 weeks ago #204105

I noted elsewhere that I was having my spare set of spheres recharge by Kevin Wright in Stockport & although it will be a month or so before they are fitted & tested I can report that the job done looks first rate. I can also say what a grand chap he has been to deal with.
M

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 months 3 weeks ago #204140

.........Having done that I'm now wondering about locking wheel nuts. Do people still bother ?

Yes, it's part of the factory fit security system, if not replaced you will need to inform your insurance company.

MGF wheels don't fit many other cars but the kid in the rover 200 doesn't know this and the chav after your expensive tyres doesn't car as he will be fitting them to the wheels from his Astra.

I use McGard lockers, O/E on later cars.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, trevtherevs

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 months 3 weeks ago #204141

That’s a fair comment but do I consider the modern chav bright enough to reason that through. Would the yoof of today truly be seen driving a Rover 200? Mind you it would only take a short TicToc video on the subject to see every MG in the country on bricks & piles of abandoned 98 & a bit PCD wheels in the nation’s hedges, such is the paucity of intellectual rigour.
M

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 months 3 weeks ago #204160

Ive just changed the spark plugs, oil and filters on my 135 then refitted the engine cover and T bar.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT