Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 months 1 week ago #204235

I unbolted the front of the drivers seat to un snag and reconnect the pre tensioner cable. Bolts back in then checked the SRS light had gone out. A useful 5 minute tea break task.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 months 1 week ago #204237

Some MG Rover cars use a different connector under the seat on the SRS system than on the f & tf, these are superior. If you get chance to bag a brace do so & change them over, they are much less trouble.
M

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 months 1 week ago #204238

Thats useful to know, I will look out for some. These yellow underseat connectors on the Mk 2 TF are more fiddly and less robust than the simpler red ones on the F and Mk1 TF
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 months 3 weeks ago #204448

When I originally bought the car there were a number of rather unsightly holes in the “transmission tunnel” & elsewhere. The elsewheres we’re bunged up with some rather neat trim buttons but the craters in the tunnel were questionable. One pair took a 3.5mm socket for my iPod another a switch to change from the boot mounted C/D to the iPod.
The galactic hole couldn’t be ignored.
At that time the Land Rover ignition switch was playing up & I fitted a start button which I liked & I had another push to make switch that would drop into the black hole.
And so I’ve been push buttoning since.
In recent years all my cars & those I have access to (excluding those classics I am privileged to drive) have push starters & there all pretty well in the same place; where the wing mirror joystick is in the MG. The other day having tried to start the thing three times by adjusting the wing mirrors I relocated the start switch & I’m delighted to say I haven’t missed the switch in its previous home.
As an aside; I had a spare joystick which I stripped to mount the push button, they are a brilliant bit of design but if yours fails don’t try & repair it , by the time you’ve got into the full works it’s broken.
The evicted joystick now comes out, blinking into the light, no from under the dash on an umbilical cable.
The second picture is the latest iteration of my heater knobs, there’s a blue led mounted in the knob shaft as well as a second led & centre off dpdt switch
M
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 months 3 weeks ago #204450

Where did you relocate the mirror joystick ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 months 3 weeks ago #204451

At the moment it’s on a panel hewn out of a peace of old computer stand & dangled on it’s umbilical under the dash.
Later today I’ll be picking up bits from Darren at ‘Bitz & I’ll cadge a length of loom to make an extension & mount the joystick in a box & plug it in when required.
You set your mirrors & forget, unless they get clouted & it’s only then do you remember about the button.
One other comment about the knob; when up to temperature the blue turns to red!
It’s nothing other than flimflam but I’m good at that.
M

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 months 3 weeks ago #204452

Flima flam maybe but definitely a nice touch nonetheless.
Please give my regards to Darren and Jill when you call in there. I'l be in touch with them later to order some mats and a few bits
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 months 3 weeks ago #204453

I would indeed have done that but after picking up my Bitz we went to Marple & walked up & down the locks plus had a look at one or two other interesting things. Historic holes in the ground are favourites, humps are also of interest unless they come with a camel attached.
We’ve just got home.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 months 3 weeks ago #204454

Yeah I’m often interested in a camel-less hump
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 months 3 weeks ago #204456

Yes but they’d be smokes!
Or are you considered humping a camel, you’ve got enough of them out there & they can run fast.
I’m not continuing this line of thought, it’ll keep me awake.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 months 3 weeks ago #204458

Nah I don’t smoke………that kind of camel, didn’t occur to me, but now the cigarettes have been mentioned, do you know that Camels are the only ciggy brand with a picture of the factory on the packet?

And no the pyramid isn’t it!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 months 3 weeks ago #204459

Pickups tobacco was the quip for the dog-end collector who would then re role into a poor approximation of a cigarette.
One assumes that you consider tobacco as camels shyt & I would agree & there on the pack is the instrument of manufacture.
M

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT