Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 11 months ago #190421

The resonator box was installed on the subframe before the engine and gearbox before they were all fitted into the car.

When I first installed the K&N Apollo filter system I cut the resonator box so it left a section to act as a splash shield.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keymaster

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 10 months ago #190457

Added a little bling, picked the chrome gaiter up for a ridiculously cheap price on eBay, and found an old polished alloy collar in my shed, I think it came off my one of my mk1 Celica’s I owned in the 80’s. It’s a perfect fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sworkscooper

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 10 months ago #190463

A busy week for my F .... I replaced the flexi, cat and back box with standard after market parts. What was a tinny ring has turned into a 1980's Testarossa growl. It'll take some getting used to :lol: .... Also replaced the rear bumper which had flaking paint with one I received with the car when purchased. I've left a bit of advice in the "How to Guide" for Rear Bumper Removal .... Lastly my F sailed through the MOT this morning with only two advisories:- Rear brake discs worn and the suspension needs pumping up a little at the front ...... Overall a very happy F owner :woohoo:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 10 months ago #190469

Well done with the MOT. You deserve a little drinkie or two .!
John

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 10 months ago #190481

A busy week for my F .... I replaced the flexi, cat and back box with standard after market parts. What was a tinny ring has turned into a 1980's Testarossa growl. It'll take some getting used to :lol: .... Also replaced the rear bumper which had flaking paint with one I received with the car when purchased. I've left a bit of advice in the "How to Guide" for Rear Bumper Removal .... Lastly my F sailed through the MOT this morning with only two advisories:- Rear brake discs worn and the suspension needs pumping up a little at the front ...... Overall a very happy F owner :woohoo:

Nice one Ger’s MOT time is always a worry no matter how well the cars maintained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOT Joy 4 years 10 months ago #190486

MOT Pass this morning with no advisories. Joy and Celebrations.

The examiner did mention that there is very very very slight play in the steering rack. Not enough for an advisory. He did indicated that it was not trackrod end but his thinks inner of the steering rack.

Has any one had a similar diagnosis with steering rack play.

Robert

MOT Joy 4 years 10 months ago #190488

I had a similar prognosis a few years back when I had my TF tracked just after I bought it. Not that sure if the guy who tracked my car was that accurate in declaring the rack had a bit of play, but I replaced it with a second hand rack from MGFbitz. Its not too bad to replace, takes a couple of hours, just a pain to line up the steering wheel as you have to split the multi spline coupling at the bottom of the column.
A good second hand rack should be procured for about £25, and its a good excuse to fit new track rod ends while you are at it.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 10 months ago #190526

Fitted a DAB radio this week. Kept the original aeriel and used a splitter from DAB on Wheels £18.99 version ( used them a couple of times for DAB aerials, good price and very quick next day delivery both times). . So far works really well, it's always going to be a bit of a compromise, but as DAB coverage increases it should only get better.

https://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by Gavin207. Reason: Added price.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 10 months ago #190580

Well that's a huge sigh from me as my TF passed it's test this morning. I had to remind the slightly elderly tester that he hadn't done the emmisions but then the certificate wouldn't have printed off without the readings . Only complaint was the big greasy paw print on my recently recovered steering wheel. :pinch:
John

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 10 months ago #190656

Taken the passenger side carpet out to sort the rust and dry out the carpet. I've hung the carpet out in the sun, any suggestions on how to dry out the sponge?
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 10 months ago #190658

Hi Gavin.
I had a similar problem with my ZR and removed the entire carpet and just hung it up in the workshop . Came back after the weekend and the floor looked like the flood plains of the Serangheti. Being coarse sponge it drained quite well and was dry .
John

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 10 months ago #190659

Thanks John. Yes I'm pleasantly surprised how quickly it is drying in the sun and stiff breeze we have in Somerset today. I've also put a towel below the carpet and knelt on it to squeeze some of the water out which has helped.

Whilst taking the carpet out and having removed the armrest for access I'm wondering if the engine smell I sometimes notice is coming through the tunnel. Any thoughts anyone?

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT