Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 days ago #190259

Thanks for the tips on extracting the remains of those pesky disc retaining screws, guys. The helicoil kits are sufficiently cheap that it has to be worth giving it a go :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 11 months ago #190325

Replaced cambelt, waterpump and man tensioner. No problems and not as expected from various posts and forums.:woohoo:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted photos

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 11 months ago #190326

Not as difficult as expected i ment

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 11 months ago #190340

Taxed it..

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 11 months ago #190347

Same as me Mr B . Then this happened .
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 11 months ago #190348

To explain the pictures in my last post . It shows the broken bolt hole on the drivers door handle . Which inexplicably decided to break when I opened the drivers door for the first time since last year ! MGF N TF bits supplied a replacement the next day but it needs painting so can't get that done until possibly next week. Ho hum !

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 11 months ago #190349

I've had that happen to a couple door handles. I've had success gluing the bolt hole back together with epoxy.
Mark
95 MGF

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 11 months ago #190350

Hmm , I did consider epoxy but , I could just picture my better half's cutting comments if it failed whilst in the middle of our French roadtrip later this year . ' Well if you hadn't been so tight ' sort of comment springs to mind and it's peace of mind plus peace if you get my drift ! :bat:
John

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 11 months ago #190353

First day back on the road today and after my pitstop at home checking around and a wash n wax..I went out for a chippy tea and stopped at rudyard...everything working as it should apart from me.
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 11 months ago #190354

I have just repaired my driver's door handle as I had the screw hole break up a few mo nths ago.:woohoo:
I drilled out what was left of the lug(could not glue it as bits were missing) and gorilla glued a length of M6 rod in the new hole and used a small nut which cleared the lock movement.
After struggling with my sausage fingers to replace the spring clip for the lock barrel,I discovered the easy way to fit.:bang:
Place the spring in its grove on the handle and use a bit of pressure from a prybar or similar
using the inside of the door to push against and the lock barrel just clips in.:clap:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, cairnsys

Last edit: Post by VX54NEW. Reason: Error

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 11 months ago #190362

Changing plugs, leads and coil packs because of a misfire,John was right fault on cylinder 4 plug lead
Slightly hamperd by hail and rain. 🙄☔

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 11 months ago #190365

Glad you've sorted it Gerry . I managed to get my s/h drivers door handle painted and back on. Tested the fob /locking and the EKA, all seems to be okay . Saying that will be the kiss of death knowing my luck . :doh:

John

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT