Sign In   Register

Topic

What have you been doing this week? 4 years 9 months ago #190908

…..I have the week after next off so I'll do another MOT this week and take it from there.

Took her in before work on Tuesday morning.

Got a call at midday to say it was another fail

She goes back tomorrow for the retest.

I also washed her for the first time in 2 years, she now needs a clay bar-ing to shine properly.

and sat at work for the last couple of days she is covered in tree sap.

MOT fail.

Not on emissions which surprised me
but on a split tyre (probably from being left flat for too long) - replaced with a spare from my stock (unfortunately fitted with a Pirelli P6000).
Loose TRE lock nut.
Loose subframe bolt
(both of these had passed 2 previous MOTs where she had failed on emissions!)
Washer jets (poor connection on pump).
No rear fogs (poor connections on bulbs).

Retested and now back on the road after 3 years.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MOT Joy 4 years 9 months ago #190909

MOT Pass this morning with no advisories. Joy and Celebrations.

The examiner did mention that there is very very very slight play in the steering rack. Not enough for an advisory. He did indicated that it was not trackrod end but his thinks inner of the steering rack.

Has any one had a similar diagnosis with steering rack play.

Robert

This was reported on my car, I have just installed a TF rack from a 93k car that donated my subframes. I haven't noticed any issues but these would be masked by the crappy tyres I have on there at the moment.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

What have you been doing this week? 4 years 9 months ago #190926

James , that's great news ! I'm on holiday in Vietnam and on the strength of that post have just ordered two more GnT's! Are your emmision problems over ? :woohoo:
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

What have you been doing this week? 4 years 9 months ago #190952

Thanks John - it passed the emission component of the test but I want to plug it into the pscan at some point to see what has changed to let it pass, even if it was the spirited drive to the test station.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

What have you been doing this week? 4 years 9 months ago #190964

Finally got around to fitting the DRL kit that I bought last November! Straightforward enough and they work fine. Only slightly tricky bit was to desolder the fitted connectors and resolder the alternative (supplied) type.

Robin ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, sworkscooper

What have you been doing this week? 4 years 9 months ago #190965

Finally got around to fitting the DRL kit that I bought last November! Straightforward enough and they work fine. Only slightly tricky bit was to desolder the fitted connectors and resolder the alternative (supplied) type.

Nice one, it's on my long term to do list too.

What have you been doing this week? 4 years 9 months ago #190966

Took mine for a 180 mile round trip to my cousins 60th BBQ bash, a great run cross country and a great shake down after the work I've done.

Apart from a bolt falling out of a brake caliper which jammed against the front wheel (luckily the bolt was sitting on the wish bone so was a quick repair) she went well.

Mrs TC even insisted on roof down so who was I to say no.

Also nice was the comments from the people who looked her over, some of them are petrol heads too, one who was into Jag XKs after his MGBs, not to mention his motorbikes and another who rebuilds motorbikes for a hobby.

What have you been doing this week? 4 years 9 months ago #190967

Replaced my headlights, for several reasons. Two of the Halos I fitted last year have failed LED's on the ring, with a coouple of others beginning to dim. Also the quality of the plastic lenses was not the best, with a bit of hazing and many scratches and chips, also one of the halos ha started to come adrift and would have probably fell of sometime soon inside the headlight.
So over the last couple of weeks I have been making a new set, with better quality COB Halo rings and with a better finish to the lenses. I also had them lacquered for an even shinier gloss. I also made sure that I used more sealant to bond the LED rings to the chrome bezels.
It also leaves me with the old set of lights to do up and save in case I ever need to swap them again.
Pics below!

Sundance

The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, sworkscooper

What have you been doing this week? 4 years 9 months ago #190972

Where did you buy this set? Is it specifically for our MGs?
Christopher

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 9 months ago #190973

Had the time to sort a number of niggling mods/changes.

1. Re-designed electric boot release. Looks more factory fitted now.
2. Replaced wiper arms/joints - Easy did not even have to remove full linkage.
3. Re-positioned ScanGuage to a less obtrusive windscreen position.
4. Fitted dashcam and reversing camera.

What have you been doing this week? 4 years 9 months ago #190974

Invalid or non-existent item ID.

Where did you buy this set? Is it specifically for our MGs?
Christopher

I found it on eBay - search for DRL BA15 and you'll get a number of hits. An example is . This one looks like it might have to correct plug already attached.

It's not specifically for MG's and will fit anything with the bayonet connector. Very simple to fit, you just pop the old holder out (taking care not to snap the clips on the lens!), take the bulb out and fit the supplied connector in its place. Then route the cables to find a suitable switched feed (I used the one on the fan relay) and you're done.

Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Voulgaris

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 8 months ago #190987

Finally got an opportunity for a good wash after Skye trip and A90 in thunderstorms 🙂
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted photo
Time to create page: 1.153 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT