Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 9 months ago #190660

I had a similar smell problem on our Classic Mini which we bought new in 2000 and still own . I found that the grommet on the speedo cable wasn't located in the bulkhead. Have you looked to see if any plugs or rubber glands are in place correctly.
John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 9 months ago #190663

Whilst taking the carpet out and having removed the armrest for access I'm wondering if the engine smell I sometimes notice is coming through the tunnel. Any thoughts anyone?

Quite possible, there is a small plate at the other end that is regular omitted by inept mechanics.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 9 months ago #190705

Sorting creaky suspension. Old tired units
New units (Had to strip the old units for all the washers etc, but purchased new rubbers from Rimmers)
Did some rust proofing and fitted. Thanks CCJ for your guide although i only disconnected the rear roll bar at the links and pushed it up. I didn't fancy tackling the rusty clamp bolts.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 9 months ago #190734

TT7 Exhaust fitted this morning. Oh yes! What a lovely sound! I hope it doesn't prove to be too tiring on long journeys but driving around this afternoon was fun fun fun! :drive:

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 9 months ago #190735

Managed to take the “old girl” for a service and MOT.
Passed again, although with an advisory on the near side rear sill. A small rust scab about the size of a 10p piece which needs repairing before next year.
Yep, these cars are doing well for their ages. 48K Miles.

Alternative Coolant Pressure Cap 4 years 9 months ago #190737

Hi All

Having bought three MG Coolant Caps over the past six months, I started to look for an alternative/ modification to the coolong systems to overcome the poor quality caps which appear to give so much trouble.

Looked initially at replacing the coolant tank which would take an alternative cap. (Still in progress).

But to test, before commiting to the expense of a new tank (MG RV8 or Polo). I found the following coolant cap which is marketed as:

Fiat / Renault / Rover EIS B04770011 Radiator Expenasin Tank Pressure Cap 1 Bar.

If any one is interested I can give the suppliers name.

After 2 months and quite a few 100 miles trips up and down the M6, all is fine and pressure level is rock solid. I know the this is not a scientific comparison. But it gives us an alternative which may turn out to last a little longer than the current MG Cap. and is supplied similar to the existing caps price.

Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: g7nbp, sworkscooper

Brake servo bracket fitted 4 years 8 months ago #190850

Made and fitted a brake servo bracket based on the plans kindly posted elsewhere on this forum https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/attachment/21770

Not my best welding, but it certainly isn't going to fail. Has made a noticeable difference to the feel of the brakes.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, talkingcars, g7nbp, cairnsys, sworkscooper, Fisher

What have you been doing this week? 4 years 8 months ago #190876

Yet again I tried getting to the bottom of my emisions problem by plugging in the pscan, running the car up to temperature and swapping the ECU but is was still the same.

I have the week after next off so I'll do another MOT this week and take it from there.

I also washed her for the first time in 2 years, she now needs a clay bar-ing to shine properly.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

What have you been doing this week? 4 years 8 months ago #190884

I hope you have a positive result, really feel for you with this .
John

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 8 months ago #190888

Hi All, very rare post from me. Hopefully I have attached some photos. New gadget designed for attaching my other passion to the MGTF. I know there were some photos of similar things in past. Managed 70mph on M11 without bike falling off. Gadget is called an upside rack.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, cairnsys

What have you been doing this week? 4 years 8 months ago #190890

…..I have the week after next off so I'll do another MOT this week and take it from there.

Took her in before work on Tuesday morning.

Got a call at midday to say it was another fail

She goes back tomorrow for the retest.

I also washed her for the first time in 2 years, she now needs a clay bar-ing to shine properly.

and sat at work for the last couple of days she is covered in tree sap.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 4 years 8 months ago #190907

Fitted a DAB radio this week. Kept the original aeriel and used a splitter from DAB on Wheels

Since the F has been off the road for the last 3 years I have lost my radio front so I will be fitting the DAB unit that was in my ZS and using the same splitter.

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT