Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #190008

Sunny Day, so decided to take the TF out for a quick blast and take a few photo's for the Forum.

Squashman56,

Wow Squashman, looking good there mate, is that the rare Monogram shade of Gulf Stream? - Only seen one in the flesh, its a lovely colour!
Only 11 ever built in that colour.

Sundance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: Reducing quoted photos #bandwidth

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 4 weeks ago #190011

:broon: 40mm werbbing from the market identical to the existing hood webbing ideal for the two additional straps required to support the additional weight of the glass, £3 rather than £24 from Rimmers.

I used old seat belt webbing from a scrap ZT.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #190012

Wow Squashman, looking good there mate, is that the rare Monogram shade of Gulf Stream? - Only seen one in the flesh, its a lovely colour!
Only 11 ever built in that colour.

Sundance

Thanks for the comments Sundance.

The TF is actually in Black Olive with a full cream leather interior.

It's one of only 38 ever made, with only 6 delivered to the UK. Not sure how many are still around in this combination but the register is only showing 2 currently active.

Squashman
The following user(s) said Thank You: mowog73

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: remove unneccisery quote #bandwidth

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #190020

Finally got my wife's F back on it's tires and she had it out for a test drive with it's new Mike Satur FCCKit coilover suspension. First impressions are positive: it rides very nicely.

The next project will be to convert mine F to coilover (kit arrived this past Friday), although that will probably not happen until the end of May.
Mark
95 MGF
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mowog73.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 4 weeks ago #190057

Been a busy boy this past week.

Fitted a re-mapped ECU from Kmaps, brilliant, can't understand why I didn't do it ages ago. Feels like a different car, much more 'willing' and with the custom exhaust the car sounds fantastic. Very happy bunny.

Also replaced the drivers door locking mechanism due to the old one making a nasty grinding noise every time I locked it up.That must be one of the most fiddly jobs on the planet - but a good 'How To' from the site helped . Took the opportunity to re-vamp the door cards whilst I was at it, a good clean, new (well almost) leather pads to match the seats and quite a bit of contact adhesive on the back where the covers were beginning to peel away. New alloy door pins and escutcheons fitted as well.The old Alacantra pads, which are in good nick, are free to a good home if anyone wants them, just pay the postage and they're yours.

My final stroke of genius was solving the mystery of a nasty clonking noise from the front every time I went over a pothole or bump at low speed. had previously been underneath checking the bushes and looking for anything untoward - nothing found. Even took it to my local MG man, Terry, who put it on the ramps and couldn't find anything wrong either. was having a bit of a clean up under the bonnet when I noticed the jack and wheel brace lying behind the spare wheel. Suddenly I was hit by inspiration! I took them out and put them in the boot, then went for a quick spin (any excuse will do). Strangely, the clonking noise has disappeared !!:doh:

Low coolant alarm next methinks, must be a 'How To' on that I'm sure.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 4 weeks ago #190058

Tired me out just reading that . Great job .

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 weeks ago #190060

Hi Gavin 207

The webbing is a job on the glass screen that I need to do. Can you tell me how you fixed it to the hood ? (that's if you did!)

Regards
Robert

Last edit: Post by Fisher. Reason: Typo

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 weeks ago #190061

Hi Robert , I wrapped around the rear hoop outboard of the existing webbing and an existing hole, and held it in place with a plate 40mm x 15mm riveted with two rivets ( I copied the same fixing method as the existing webbing but on the underside of the frame rather than the top). At the rear I trapped it under the hood where riveted to the bow, after sticking to the bow with Evostik.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

Last edit: Post by Gavin207. Reason: Update

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 weeks ago #190191

Nearside front bottom arm changed today, been putting it off but only took 1 hour.. Massive improvement to handling, next step MOT 😣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edit: Post by NigelOBB.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 week ago #190207

Purchased a new drill last week and have been itching to try it out...I know let's go drill those broken brake disc retaining pins....and this is how it went...firstly the broken pins.

...I decided to drill and helicoil from the start...m6 helicoil inserted below.

After the 2 pins were drilled out and helicoiled I cleaned the disc with my angle grinder....has it was looking a bit shabby after the hybernation

Don't worry the angle grinder only had a brush attachment..it made light work of the quick polish.

Disc fitted perfectly with new pins.

The new dewalt 996 made light work of the task and was impressed by its power.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 week ago #190214

She passed
The Brat has sailed through her MOT no advisory’s 🎉🎉🎉🎉 breezed through the emissions test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 week ago #190216

Yesss! Well done . :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: NigelOBB

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper.
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT