Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #189510

2 new Khumo tyres on the back, £126.00 fitted. Decent price?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #189516

Driver side dipped headlight would glow a dull orange then go off ... replaced the bulbs and checked the fuses - No change! ... Then found that the pin connector plug for the headlamp showed signs of burning on one pin hole .... Cleaned it and made the pin hole a tighter fit .... All fine now :)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #189517

Driver side dipped headlight would glow a dull orange then go off ... replaced the bulbs and checked the fuses - No change! ... Then found that the pin connector plug for the headlamp showed signs of burning on one pin hole .... Cleaned it and made the pin hole a tighter fit .... All fine now :)

I had a problem with overheated wiring to the dipped headlights in mine a while ago. Pictures, including the repair, are here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gers

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #189518

I had a section of the loom running down the passenger side burn out, I had to cut out the damaged section and make up a replacement.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #189519

Fitted central locking today. £28.60 for a pair of motorised locks from MGFnTFBitz. Much cheaper than those being offered on fleabay and work a treat ( had the ECU activated for central locking when I had the relays replaced). No more fiddling with the key in the dark 🙂

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #189520

Tried out the newly installed pscan (www.pscan.UK) and it works good

but the lambda probe is dead

on the ZR, not tried the F

Yet.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #189545

Another visit to MGFnTFBitz got me a Chrome Gaiter ring to replace the painted (but cracked) original and a Chrome petrol cap ring.

Easy to fit the gaiter ring but the petrol cap ring needs a bit more thought as the cap head allen screws clearly aren't genuine!

Any suggestions on how they are removed?

Also bought new Pioneer Head unit and Alpine speakers + DAB aerial for another weekend project.

This overhauling bug has certainly got me hooked:woohoo:

Squashman

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #189546

There is an excellent 'How to ' on this . The Allen screws are plastic and can be removed using the How to guide .
John

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #189558

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/22-cjjs-guides/14345-fuel-filler-cap-how-to-change-the-lock-barrel
https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/54-how-tos/1062-polishing-petrol-cap-ring--how-to
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #189569

Exhaust blowing, its the flexi thats gone, so a trip out to MGFnTFbitz for a replacement. Not much of a chore, this as its been a great and warm sunny day, roof down all the way there and back through the excellent Staffordshire moorlands and Derbyshire peaks to Glossop.
Bitz is a great place to visit and they make you feel really welcome, always a brew or a diet coke on offer and some good MG chat and advise included with the usual banter with the staff!
As usual, Daz did me a great deal on the parts, and a new flexi and gasket was dutifully procured!
Also picked up a set of new Cantrail seals for the softop, mine have about had it and there is quite a gap between the top of the one of the windows and the old seal.
Also discovered still in my boot from my last visit a new binnacle to replace my cracked one. So looks like its going to be a busy weekend!

Sundance

The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #189579

Tried out the newly installed pscan (www.pscan.UK) and it works good

but the lambda probe is dead

on the ZR, not tried the F

Yet.

Did the same on the F on Sunday, despite fitting a new probe this appears to be the problem, the heater circuit is correct.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #189602

Had a go at replacing the damaged door membrane that seals the door against the door card as water ingress was found coming from between the membrane and the door card. Hopefully this super sellotape will do the job.

Just as I finished putting the door card on, the postman duly arrived with my new LED kick trims...itching to put them on, so they had to be installed right away! Really pleased with the results!

Sundance

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT