Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #188936

I changed some of the roof seals around side windows a while back..and I got another seal that goes across screen..just not got around to fitting that yet...the side rubbers I got brand new.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #188939

A full set of primary seals are about £180 either from e-bay vendors or from Rimmers...I have to run up to MGFnTFbitz next week with some raffle ticket ticket money for "Little Red" which is a F that is being raffled off for the FRL charity, so will see what they have in stock.

Sundance

If anyone wants a raffle ticket BTW, the car has had a lot of money spent on it, all donated by sponsors....tickets are £25 each, the car should be one of the best MGF's on the road.

http://www.mgfntfbitz.co.uk/little-red-friends-round-london-charity-fundraiser-2019/

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #189066

In my quest for a better looking interior , I have removed the drab looking gear lever gaiter , removed the plastic Allen bolts plus the leather gaiter and over several days have removed the paint from the lower trim . I used a fairly course grade of emery paper as the paint that covered it was extremely tough to remove . If only the paint on the bodywork was as resilient ! Then after a fairly lengthy period making sure all the paint was removed I changed to 1500 wet and dry to polish the metal to an acceptable finish . Then used T cut to polish it. Just got to decide if I should lacquer the surface to stop it from discoloring . Interestingly at last years MG FnTF Go North at Eden camp most people I talked to said that their gaiter ring was plastic . Seems odd that this is off my 05 plate TF and you would figure that it was produced when MG Rover were at their penny pinching worst . Was it just a case of using what ever parts that came to hand ?

John

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #189069

Nice work there John, I know you can get blingy gaitor rings from Bitz and other sources, both my TF's had placcy ones, so maybe yours was an aftermarket job. I would not have thought MG-R would have fitted anything better than plastic to later TF's.
I may just invest in a chrome plated one soon, so it matches my heater knobs. I was also thinking about pinching the door handle surrounds off my ZT-T and retrofitting them to the TF. But I have a local source for ZT parts so may be able to get some from him.
Keep up the good work matey!

Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #189070

I thought they were all alloy, and MG Rover painted them, to "blend in" with the plasticky interior.

My 2002 and 2003 TF's both were painted alloy.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #189071

Well yes , I have done this to a friends 53 plate TF as the paint on his was looking tired so I naturally thought they were all painted metal . I'll post more pictures of the gaiter when I get round to fitting it along with some of the new interior and steering wheel , that's if I ever get rid of this 'Man flu ' that's plagued me from Christmas. :(

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #189074

Nice work john...I like a little bling myself....next job o mine is to fit zt door rings...I bought them before xmas ....just waiting for a moment to fit them.:P

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #189075

Cheers . The ZT door ovals I did last year and had to re jig them after the door pods were fitted with leather . They are a bit tricky to get right but really look good.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #189201

Got a new toy from Amazon to keep in the glovebox. It’s no T4 or PSCAN but reads most of the important stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #189205

Recently purchased a 2003 MGTF and today I got stuck into it and took care of a few wee jobs.

Firstly, I removed the horrible 1990's Lexus style rear lamps:

Then it was on with the standard rear lamps:

Then it was time to get speeds 1 & 2 working again on the heater blower:

The last job for today was to fit a new clutch slave cylinder but in my haste to get the job finished, I neglected to take any photos.

Last edit: Post by salona.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #189206

Well done for removing the Lexus lights . Never been a fan of those . :nonod:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #189207

Thought I would refit the battery and run the engine and check out the latest Pscan update . Think I need to work on putting the live data on file as I couldn't make head nor tail of what came up on the pc .
Took a few pictures showing my new upholstery and retrimmed steering wheel.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: NigelOBB

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT