Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #189438

I tried to install pscan on my new laptop, and, like most things to do with my MGs, I failed.

Getting more than a little fed up now.

Sorted.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NigelOBB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #189439

4 wheel laser alignment carried out following all the various suspension mods' that I've completed over the past 6 weeks.

Car now drives nice and straight and the Bilsteins have made a huge difference in terms of removing all the crash bang wallop feelings that I had when I got the car.

Another major task is planned for next week ................... changing the cheap and nasty heater control knobs for a decent set of Ally versions.

Squashman

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #189440

Fitted two bonnet struts this morning

What length are the struts?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #189445

I shall measure them in the morning and edit this post with results :broon:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #189453

Can you also check if there is any indication of Nm or Kgs?
Thanks

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #189457

Fitted two bonnet struts this morning

What length are the struts?

26cm closed, when extended holding my bonnet they are 45cm.

Can you also check if there is any indication of Nm or Kgs?
Thanks

sorry, they are chromed with no markings or details anywhere.

In my research before buying these, im sure i read mk2 golf boot struts where the ideal size. dont quote me though.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #189459

At the weekend just gone I did the following:

Fixed my rough idle/engine hunting revs problem - I did this by gaining access to the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) and Air Filter outlet (by removing the engine access cover). I removed the IACV rubber hose and squirted Wynn's Carb Cleaner into the inlet of the IACV (thus observing gunk pouring out). I then refitted the IACV hose and disconnected the air box outlet pipe by unscrewing the jubilee clip. I then started the engine and with my right hand on the engine throttle valve, proceeded to spray Wynn's Carb Cleaner into the disconnected air supply pipe (in short bursts, whilst maintaining the rev's with a twist of my right hand on the throttle valve). After putting everything back together I now have an MGTF with steady rev's at idle once more :woohoo:

I replaced a broken number plate light fitting - Bought a new item from Rimmer Bros and fitted it within minutes. I simply levered the old unit out of the rear bumper, gained access inside the boot to the light connector, disconnected it and the rubber grommet and withdrew the damaged item (the lens was broken, but unfortunately the lens houses the bulb and electrical connections, so needed a complete replacement item). With the old one removed I could fit my hand inside the bumper to position the connector through into the boot and the new light was a simple push fit into the bumper.

Touched up a few areas of minor corrosion - Whilst ordering a new number plate light, I also ordered some touch up paint. This has now been applied to a few spots of rust that have appeared (boot lid corner to vehicle body and a small stone chip to the rear of the left side engine cooling vent - not bad for a car that is now nearly 16 years old :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #189471

Got pscan installed and carried on building my slot car track.

Oh, and vacuumed the inside of the front screen with the karcher window vac.
Twice.

The forecast for next weekend looks like wiring loom repair weather.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #189482

I fitted new wiper blades :)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #189483

New wiper blades, battery and exhaust hanging rubber.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #189485

Just removed the Chavvy Sony head, and swapped it for a £12 unbranded special from Wish. When it arrived it turned out to be an xtrons DAB+ unit. It’s as light as a feather, but the DAB receiver, with the antenna coiled up behind the centre console, works better than the Pure highway in my 75 with a high gain external antenna. I’ve ordered a splitter, will see how that goes when it arrives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 1 month ago #189486

More work on the TF, new puddle lights fitted, the old ones got moisture ingress and one had failed, so new puddle lights installed with extra sealing of the driver circuit with self amalgamating tape and sealant on the puddle light cable entry.
Also new bonnet and boot badges fitted, as the front was faded with UV exposure and the back had to match the new front one!
Finally new door strikers as my originals were showing signs of bad corrosion underneath, and I don't want this eating into the paintwork and rear bolt plate.

Sundance

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT