Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 4 months ago #188546

James,
Could you drop a bit of four core cable in directly from your ECU to the connectors on the O2 sensor, by-passing all of the cars wiring, to prove its not a cable issue.
It seems to me if there is a fault with the probe signal, its either got to be the probe, wiring or connectors or the ECU.
I know you have changed the ECU and probe, not sure what you have done with the wiring but bypassing the existing loom with a temporary cable will prove that out too. If its none of them, then it must be another fault causing the issue.

Sundance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 4 months ago #188552

@ talkingcars ...James , you can't do that after all your hard work ! Something has occurred after the subframe swap.
I'm with Sundance's suggestion. Temp wiring and another check .

John

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #188629

TF Washed , polished and parked up in the garage until the spring next year . Also removed the battery as the garage where I store it has no power . Nothing to play with now .
:nonod:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #188673

Battery flat again, only been standing for 5 days! This seems to be the norm for my TF during winter time. A quick jump start from the huge battery on my ZT-T soon got the TF up and running again and a 30 mile run up and down the A50 to put a bit of charge back in to the depleted cells.
I may have a probe around with my clip on ammeter and see if there is anything I can put onto a switch to help prolong my battery life. I do have a binnacle mounted USB power outlet which is connected to the cigar lighter circuit, hence permanently powered up. This has three very bright LED's and some on-board electronics that may be helping to drain my battery so could be worthwhile putting it onto a switched circuit.
Until then I will make sure the car is fired up at least twice a week.
On the plus side, the weather was exceptionally sunny and mild enough to make the return journey home with the roof down, even with its downsides, the TF still never fails to bring a smile to your face!

Sundance

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #188682

Had a 20 mile drive over to a mates and we changed the spark plugs and oil/filter using a £46 ebay service kit. All good. Plugs that came out we noticed had varying gaps and where the tickover had been a bit lumpy, the run back felt much better.

There's a k&n filter in there but I haven't a clue how old it is so would have changed it if it hadn't proven so fiddly to get to, I ended up just giving up. What a pain in the arse that they located a service item there .... :bat:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #188689

K&N are reusable.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #188690

Yep I know - when I said change it, I meant I'd have had a look and tried to clean it, or swap it out if it was too clogged up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #188764

Got some bulbs to change the blue ones that light up the speedo and a blue leather tonneau that I put in a low offer for which was accepted :broon: ...

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 3 months ago #188897

Well noticed oil patch on floor so got down on my knees to check it out...no chance can't get my head under a tf...so smart phone at the ready and a few clicks later spotted a leak from the filter...

Time for the ramps out has a belly full of Turkey and beer ain't going under there without them.

New filter purchased before Christmas from local shop...last filter was old stock rover.
New filter below.

Ran the engine for a bit ....seems nice and dry now...:beer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #188930

Thought I would check under my carpets, after a lot of work last summer to try and eradicate the water ingress in the footwells. Many grommets and bulkhead seals were refitted and re-sealed and the floorpan painted with de-rusting paint.
Anyway, carpets peeled back and I still have water ingress, albeit less than I have been experiencing.
So its out with the trusty fan heater for a full dry-out - again!
Thinking its time to be changing the primary seals now.

Sundance

How to dry out a MG TF!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #188933

Dave....I bet its spoilt you driving around in the zt...sounds like you might join us in the hybernation crew keeping the tf away from rain and snow.:P :P :frosty:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 2 months ago #188934

Maybe if I had a garage, Mark, but I found the best way to preserve the TF without one is to use it regularly, that way its stays reasonably dry inside, the battery stays charged (mostly) and the clutch arm don't seize up...what else...the accelerator cable has know to stick a bit in cold weather when left standing and of course the brakes do not like hibernation!
Apart from that there is something about a roof down ride on a fine and frosty winter morning!
If I did had a garage, I would probably buy a very low mint example and just use it very sparingly....

The ZT-T is a great winter car and I am trying to keep the bulk of the mileage on it during the winter, also having limited mileage (5000 per year) due to having the TF on a classic insurance, I am trying to save the miles up for the summer...so hoping to just put somewhere between 500 to 800 miles on the clock between now and May. It will help as I am having a year off FRL this year!

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT