Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 8 months ago #187285

I used a ZR boot solenoid on my MGF, I some how hooked the ZR cable on to the MGF lock mechanism, but I did use cable ties too, to attach the solenoid to my home made bracket.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 8 months ago #187286

As it was going to rain I thought I'd get a day off to watch F1 and BTCC, but I failed to record race 1 of the BTCC

and I refitted the battery to the ZR and pumped a tyre so I'll be able to give it a run, its first in 3 months.

And spent 3 hours on the bathroom roof (single storey) washing the conservatory roof (after next door had building work) in the pouring rain and blustery wind....

And I did do a bit on the F...where the donner TF didn't have ABS the hole on the upper swing arm for the screw that holds the bracket for the ABS cable had never been used, thought I'd use my M6 thread cleaning tool but it wouldn't bite so I used a 6mm wood screw first, then the thread cleaner -

all was going well until...…

the thread cleaner sheared!
(think I reached the end of the hole!)

Looking for a positive, I have a stud that will hold the bracket and a 6mm nut

except

the bracket on the MGF is different to the MG TF so that will need to be sorted!

Now to watch Love Island?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 8 months ago #187287

Forgot to mention we spent 5 hours last Sunday fitting a Toyosport exhaust - it wasn't a good fit.

And the week stripping, painting and rebuilding drive shafts.

And yesterday refitting driveshafts and hubs.

and now Love Island After Sun is on.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 8 months ago #187289

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Lots of bits have gone back on, Its looking a look like a car now. with a few :slapme: moments on the way.

Was feeding the bonnet release cable through, got to the footwell and started thinking this cable is a bit short, thats never going to reach all the way. Then it dawned on me , Throttle cable! , Wish i'd spotted that one before putting the Dashboard back on.
Some time spent wedged into the foot well unbolting the pedal (again), Attach cable, and bolt pedal back on. A quick test and pedal springs back but cable doesn't feed back in to the sleeve. Must need adjusting i'm thinking, Clear my way to the engine bay and.. No throttle body.

Tonights Job, Find my throttle body :lol: , oh and the bonnet release cable as well

Last edit: Post by psymon.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 8 months ago #187329

6 more bolts and the wheels can go back on mine.

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 8 months ago #187367

Tonight I started by tidying, cleaning and vacuuming the front bay and would have fitted the replacement washer tank if I had found it.

I also cleaned the threads on the studs for the rear wheels, nuts go on much more easily.

Then made a new bracket for the lead from the offside rear ABS sensor and reconnected all four sensors.

Finally using a long cable tie as a draw I threaded the wiring for the additional door lighting on the O/S through and in to the body.

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 8 months ago #187385

Sort of fixed heater control so it nearly turn full round and hopefully won’t blow hot air all the time. Cleaned all the rubbery coating off the centre console and fitted a proper selector knob, discovering someone has made a right pigs ears of the selector trying to shorten it.😣

I did try to replace the Chavy head unit with an old one I had spare, alas it lasted. 30mins then died 🤭. Finally I changed the Air filter😃😃😃😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edit: Post by NigelOBB.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 8 months ago #187389

Spent some time today fitting the lower arms and the long arms or the rear suspension and lots of time fitting the lower engine mount and a few minutes fitting the off side wheel.

Just got to sort the weep on the rear brake pipe union and the other wheel can go on and we can start thinking about MOTs.

The following user(s) said Thank You: NigelOBB

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 8 months ago #187427

Wheels are back on and the axle stands are now in the boot.
The extra door lighting works (but how can I make the interior lights come on when you unlock?)
She moves and stops (only got 3 feet to move :( ).
And she's even had a wash!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 8 months ago #187433

Vacuumed her.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 8 months ago #187443

Fitted my painted cover to the fuel pump access hatch, also my second red anodised oil filler cap to the engine oil filler (one already fitted to the oil fill pipe under the boot, and a general tidy up inside the engine bay.
Jon and Claire Norris also came over to fit a new clutch, thanks to them, the clutch now has a great bite and is so much easier to operate.
Good thing is that it also got a clutch fluid change at the same time. Jon kindly replaced the oil for me while the car was on the stands, so saved me a job of getting the ramps out and doing it myself later!
Also while Jon had the air filter box off, found that the intake pipe hat rotted away - they all go this way eventually, Jon tells me - so out with the Gaffer tape for a hasty repair...should last until I can source a new one!
A very productive day on the TF!

Sundance

Engine bay

Air intake pipe
The following user(s) said Thank You: NigelOBB

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 8 months ago #187450

MOT - passed, well almost, just not the rear brakes (rusty discs after 2 years not being used) and the CO was a little high after no Italian tune up. I am actually really pleased as the tester commented positively on the work I have done refurbishing the subframes etc. and neither fault was serious on a F.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT