Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186623

I just want to say that who ever designed those spring hose clips should be dangled by one attached to his private parts over a pool of piranha!

What's wrong with jubilee clips ?

The top spring clip made a 30 minute job into a 3 hour marathon. :rant: It was aligned perfectly so that it was virtually impossible to get a tool on it!:bang:

They are quicker on the assembly line and cheaper in the accounts office.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186624

Yesterday I modified the airfilter/gear cable/fuel filter bracket to delete the airfilter component as I am running an after market set up.

I then modified the cable section so it now bolts to the clutch slave bracket.

Finally I repainted the fuel filter section with primer and satin black.

Today I refitted it.

I have a box full of goodies rom Rimmers that arrived at work while I was on holiday but I've taken a few days compassionate leave so the subframe installation will have to wait a few days.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 9 months ago #186729

Took Tif to MG Northumbria’s Great Classics Show.. First of many hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 9 months ago #186762

Did a bit of subframe/part maintenance today. Painted it with hammerite/waxoyl stuff. Not a perfect job but something is better than nothing until I get around to replacing parts and having time to do a more permanent job.

John
Attachments:

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 9 months ago #186810

Cleaned and painted as much of the front subframe and suspension parts as i could. Greased the two grease points on the front and one snapped off so will be replacing them and will do the rears at the same time.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 9 months ago #186812

It was MOT time this week. Found an amazing garage about 10 minutes away from me - the guy is an MG enthusiast and the visit was worth it for a look around the car park and workshop alone!

I had to patch up a minor leak on the exhaust near the flexi pipe before I went - I want to replace the exhaust during the winter months so I can take my time (probably most of which will be spent under the car swearing)

A slight panic when she failed on the emissions test but connecting her to an ODBC reader revealed a fault code on the VVC which cleared and stayed clear after that she sailed through :woohoo:

Next day went for a celebratory drive to North Yorkshire - taking 2 hours to do the first 40 miles wasn't much fun but once the traffic finally cleared we had an amazing run.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 9 months ago #186884

Purchased some Velcro and elasticated strapping, and my wife ran up some replacement, anti jamming straps for the soft top.
And hey they work perfectly.
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 9 months ago #186887

for the last 2 weeks my TF has been losing a small amount of water. Probably half a pint in 100 miles. No overheating, no leaks on garage floor. On checking the forum it seemed that maybe the expansion tank cap was toast and on closer investigation there was indeed faint pink marks on the top of the tank. Bought a new Rover cap for £8.50 and this seems to have solved the problem. (fingers as per usual firmly crossed!) Very glad i didn't have to delve around for dodgy pipes. Once again a the forum has come to the rescue, where would i be without it?
Thanks for everything. Norm
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 9 months ago #186895

. Once again the forum has come to the rescue, where would I be without it?

In all probability, sitting on the side of the road in a puddle of coolant and a cloud of steam! :bust:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 9 months ago #186954

This week I have made and fitted a pair of olive green alcantara door card inserts.
done some trick door handle lights including wiring them and the logo puddle lights,
and fitted a rivnut (my first ever) to replace one of the damaged subframe mount bolt holes, 2 more to go.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 9 months ago #186956

Just a quick comment on the puddle lights.
I fitted them a couple of years ago, and it did not take long for them to fail, reason is the door is basically a water drain, and the puddle light driver ( the plastic cylindrical case with the small circuit board in) was sitting in the bottom of the door getting very wet. The circuit is not very well protected against water ingress.
When I fitted a second one, I wrapped it with waterproof tape - and its still working. Since then the other side has also failed, so I will replace this and wrap the new one up too.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 9 months ago #186971

Finished re-building the TF interior and replaced my busted T-bar, long job as I had to cut away for the roll hoops then fix it all back together with the modified wind stop.
Also re-painted one of my door car caps, as for some reason the paint had bloomed - possibly with sun and heat over the hot weather, so door card all back on and car looking tip-top.
Only thing left to do is to swap the drivers seat back after it comes back from Bitz after having the bolster fixed.

Sundance

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT