Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186240

I've been thinking of getting a dash cam...a good quality one that's fixed either no wires or sucker showing......

This is one I have

Garmin 55

I also bought the additional parking cable for it.
It is very small, and produces good images.

Before this I used Mio MiVue 388, which is now in my company car. Again very good recorded images.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186270

Spending lots of money πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜‰

Took Tif to Turbo Dave for a Cambelt change, turns out that sometime in the past, somebody has put one of the sprockets on the wrong way wrecked the threads in the camshaft and glued the bolt 😑😑. Luckily Dave always has plenty of spare so should have Tif back tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186273

Spending lots of money πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜‰

Took Tif to Turbo Dave for a Cambelt change, and replace a rear wheel bearing. Turns out that sometime in the past, somebody has put one of the sprockets on the wrong way wrecked the threads in the camshaft and glued the bolt 😑😑. Luckily Dave always has plenty of spare so should have Tif back tonight.

Tif won’t be sorted tonight 😒. Latest issue the underfloor cooling pipes have sprung pin hole leaks when vacuum bleeding the system.. πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–
I was planning on changing them, but not straight away.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186275

Better that the leak has been found now Nigel rather than later .

John .

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186282

Better that the leak has been found now Nigel rather than later .

John .

Exactly John, stainless pipes ordered..
it why I took Tif to Dave.. he’s one of very few people I trust with my cars..

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186306

Took off the instrument cluster and fitted a set of 4 chrome dial rings....getting the cluster out was a doddle....Did it in the morning before I went work and put the instruments back in when I came back...just the look I was after...I like the mg dash but always thought it needed a touch more...photos don't do it justice but here they are.

They Complement the other chrome rings I've fitted to the dash.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186307

Couldn't agree more, I did mine a few weeks ago, they give the dash a feel of the classic days when all the dials were either Jaeger or Smiths & all had the chrome chapter ring. Nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186313

Took off the instrument cluster and fitted a set of 4 chrome dial rings...

Looks good a definitely on by to do list πŸ‘

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: Removing repeated photos - bandwidth.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186315

Hi NigelOBB and mgtfbluestreak where did you get the chrome rings? I can only find the ones for the speedo and revcounter. Cannot see a supplier for the temp and fuel.

They look great.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186318

I would like to know that to

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186320

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Added widget

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186322

I will be very honest now...listen to this...The job of removing and fitting the clocks was a doddle...after opening the cluster I fitted the 2 large chrome rings...no glue..precision machined to fit..push in from the backside and held I place by interference fit...however..the instructions that came with the rings stated that 3 in 100 customers had experienced problems with the rings interfering with gauge movement...well I think they have only been selling the 2 large rings for this reason has the small rings for the fuel and temp is the ones that fowl...I found it hard to insert the 2 small ones after a few attempts they went in..phew I thought...I want the 4 ring look or nothing ....pleased they were fitted I proceeded of mating the gauges to the facia...the temp needle was stuck in a mid position and the fuel needle was also stuck...I went to work that day thinking should I send them back and risk just getting the money back ....no I want the job finished so I can go out in the tf that night....so folks I measured exactly where the trim ring was fowling and used a small cutting tool to cut a notch in the trim ring...it worked ...I've got plenty of clearence and if I showed you my tf...you wouldn't notice the little mod of cutting the rings slightly...you don't want to fowl that temp gauge now...do you anyway...I was bought the 4 rings off ebay by my gf....I will look for the link...they were Β£27...but I've since been on the website for the mgf centre in Wolverhampton and they are doing the 4 rings for Β£18...mine were top quality alloy..heres a pic of my ring cutting..but it's not that noticeboard on the car.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.149 seconds