Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186323

What have I been doing?

Apart from swearing a lot?

I had to drop the subframe (complete with engine/gearbox as they are in the subframe) because of a trapped aircon hose stopping the subframe going up high enough at the front. Had to drop it lower than before to get enough gap to pass the hose through.

Originally the hoses go under the subframe but to future proof engine or subframe work I want them to go between the bulkhead and subframe. When I swap the engine for the MEMS3 160 in the garage I will leave the A/C gassed and remove the pump from the engine.

I was also struggling with the front mount bolts but them appear to be different to the rear ones!

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186324

Here's images of the mgf centre website where I saw the chrome rings x4...yes the link airportable gave is the same supplier has mine..also note mine were chrome finish...the ones at the mgf centre state brush finish

Update here I made a mistake the £18 was for a one piece dial surround.

Don't know how much the rings are but the mgf centre can supply exchange clocks for your easy fitting.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fisher

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186325

On the temperature & fuel gauges I had to relieve the aperture before the ring would pop comfortably home, after that there was no problem, although the clearance is only “fag papers”. These are fitted to the f & when I drive the tf the dash looks to be lacking in finess.

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186326

There was no clearence on mine the needles were stuck fast..so I went for the kill....I agree driving another mg now would look a bit unfinished...I did think of taking the clear plastic facia off for aiding the fitment but....heavy handed me would of bust it....I must be one of the 3 in 100...airportable have you got a picture of your surrounds fitted to your f?..........I think the chrome dial surrounds and another fitment I did of the rear light covers...help get rid of that unfinished feeling.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak. Reason: Blind drunk

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186331

I will be very honest now...listen to this...The job of removing and fitting the clocks was a doddle...after opening the cluster I fitted the 2 large chrome rings...no glue..precision machined to fit..push in from the backside and held I place by interference fit...however..the instructions that came with the rings stated that 3 in 100 customers had experienced problems with the rings interfering with gauge movement...well I think they have only been selling the 2 large rings for this reason has the small rings for the fuel and temp is the ones that fowl...I found it hard to insert the 2 small ones after a few attempts they went in..phew I thought...I want the 4 ring look or nothing ....pleased they were fitted I proceeded of mating the gauges to the facia...the temp needle was stuck in a mid position and the fuel needle was also stuck...I went to work that day thinking should I send them back and risk just getting the money back ....no I want the job finished so I can go out in the tf that night....so folks I measured exactly where the trim ring was fowling and used a small cutting tool to cut a notch in the trim ring...it worked ...I've got plenty of clearence and if I showed you my tf...you wouldn't notice the little mod of cutting the rings slightly...you don't want to fowl that temp gauge now...do you anyway...I was bought the 4 rings off ebay by my gf....I will look for the link...they were £27...but I've since been on the website for the mgf centre in Wolverhampton and they are doing the 4 rings for £18...mine were top quality alloy..heres a pic of my ring cutting..but it's not that noticeboard on the car.

Thanks for heads up, and links 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186334

I think apart from the chrome door pins I just bought...thinking about fitting chrome handle ring.
But got to think hard about it and not spoil the look.
Attachments:

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186336

Hi NigelOBB and mgtfbluestreak where did you get the chrome rings? I can only find the ones for the speedo and revcounter. Cannot see a supplier for the temp and fuel.

They look great.

Check out alloy car parts .co.uk they do a full range of chrome rings for the TF. I used their products a couple of years ago to good effect, it totally lifts the interior look.

:beer: :beer: Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Fisher

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186337

Hi NigelOBB and mgtfbluestreak where did you get the chrome rings? I can only find the ones for the speedo and revcounter. Cannot see a supplier for the temp and fuel.

They look great.

Check out alloy car parts .co.uk they do a full range of chrome rings for the TF. I used their products a couple of years ago to good effect, it totally lifts the interior look.

:beer: :beer: Steve

The alloy rings for sale on eBay which I bought are from alloy car parts.Co. UK. ...they are cheaper on ebay than there website...they trade by the name of emohawk on ebay and checking my PayPal balance ...payment goes to alloy car parts...they are very efficient..I sent them a email about 7am this morning and they replied to my question within 20 minutes...sometimes there products are at auction on ebay...last night I got a pair of alloy doorpins that they sell for £16.99....auction pice. .£9
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, stevew, Fisher

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak. Reason: Just had a legal high

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186338

Since I bought the f I felt it was short of fancy trim pieces & ever since have been striving to finish it off & like “mgtfbs” I've fitted the rear light cluster trim. Along with the main dial rings I've have the rings around the clock & oil temp' & chrome sill pin escutcheon from a Rover 75. I've always thought the f could do with a wider track, be a little lower & have an exhaust that were more Bryn Turfel than George Formby & I managed that bit with exhaust tail pipes, changing the Brian Blessed originals for an unbranded punt off e-bay & don't be fooled by the blank looking smaller pipe in the picture it connects internally. How many of you are still blinging it up & who has finished, - - - - - - - for now?

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by cairnsys. Reason: Inserted pics into post

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186341

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Invalid or non-existent item ID.As I actually prefer to cook my meals in the kitchen, I have tried lining the boot with a heat insulation self adhesive material. Basically to see if i can get my grocery shopping home still cool and fresh.

I'll let you know how successful it has been, but one plus is that the carpet lining now fits properly!:woo2:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186342

You've got a sports car man, drive quicker or shop closer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NigelOBB

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186343

I've just read back the comments I made on my exhaust, it sounds that the original was shouty in the extreme, I mislead you, it was the Powerflow replacement that kept the neighbours on their toes as I barked up the village or snapped & grizzled down. Smooth operations now.

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT