Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186151

Two coats of Fabsil on the roof....

Watch it start to rain now!

Un f 'kin believable!!! Yes, it looks like rain.... And hopefully it will stop the avian rats from shitting on my roof!

It looks like they have been using it for target practice. I'm not even parked under anything... They would have had to fly in at low level, dambuster style and let fly... We are not talking just one or two here, it looks like the aftermath of a bad paintball session.

Edit: Well, at least it's wiped off easy enough. Unbelievable.... Hesketh has been in the exact same spot for months. Why today?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by g7nbp. Reason: Add comment

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186158

Went out at 7am and gave the tf a good polishing before a trip out to leek,staffordshire.my trophy blue paint code is jfv ..but before the Polish it was jdullv..you can tell when it's properly clean when it's a mirror finish and everything reflects through the paint.
Although this picture is on its side you can clearly see the reflection in the paint.

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186165

Clutch Master and slave cylinders changed yesterday. Today was changing the coolant pipes to stainless. After a hgf i need more flush as its still greasy in the bottle. I tried a dishwasher tablet but it isnt quite good enough for me.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186173

Changed the n/s front Hub, after wheel bearing collapsed, got very wet in process but at least TF is back on road, more importantly as she’s booked in for a cambelt change on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've changed both of my front bearings especially well this week, my TF has not moved anywhere just parked up in my garage. Tonight went to take her out and the bloody passenger side door mirror is now hanging by the wires who know how????

:beer: :beer: Steve.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186179

I have made good progress getting the rear subframe in BUT I wouldn't recommend refitting the engine to the subframe while it's in the engine bay.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186182

I have made good progress getting the rear subframe in BUT I wouldn't recommend refitting the engine to the subframe while it's in the engine bay.

Any particular reason why?

Sounded like an interesting, and useful alternative to removing the subframe with engine atached.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186187

Well not what I have done but someone else! Yesterday I was following a car through the temporary traffic lights at the end of our road, a 'T' junction, when it stopped and suddenly reversed. Straight into me with that horrible crunching sound. It appeared at first that there was not much damage but closer inspection shows the nearside mount has punched through the bumper breaking it plus it is all a bit misaligned. No doubt beyond 'economical' repair. Fortunately caught on my dashcam so she can't say I drove into her! To be fair to the other driver the layout of the 'works' had been changed and was a bit confusing and has since been changed again - I wonder why?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186188

doh! :doh:

At least its a fairly straightforward repair. Hopefully it will be quickly sorted.

My next job is sanding out all the filler which has cracked on a previous commercially done repair to a dent in my rear quarter panel. I've been putting it off for ages as it's a big job and getting the paint to match will be a real pain.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186196

Fortunately caught on my dashcam so she can't say I drove into her!

Sorry to hear about the bump. Driving standards are getting worse all the time.

Had the drivers side of my company volvo taken out by a tipper truck..at 5mph recently. Dash cam proved i did not undertake, and lorry tried to overtake, and ran out of space.

Yesterday similar happened with a big transit.

It was overtaking me through lights, then suddenly swerved towards my drivers side. Only panic braking and swerving towards kurb prevented a crash!

This looked deliberate though, as no reason to swerve towards me!

Again 100% caught on dash cam.

Be very aware if someone backs into you at a junction. Clasic "crash for cash" situation. Dash cam essential to prove what happened, and also take a photo of the driver as often use "professional" crash drivers and give someone elses details who then makes the claim!

A Dash cam is good insurance, wont stop a crash, but can show exactly what happened.

Hope you get it sorted quickley

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186231

Any particular reason why?

Sounded like an interesting, and useful alternative to removing the subframe with engine atached.

It took far longer to get the engine and frame mated than I thought it should and I still haven't finished.
I am still finding things that still need disconnecting, tonight was the main lead to the starter.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186234

I've been thinking of getting a dash cam...a good quality one that's fixed either no wires or sucker showing......standards have changed ...people just do what they want...last week I was off work..I had no near misses but incidents that get on your wick......like I was driving up our road and on 3 occasions cars are coming down the road on my side indicating left./taking wide turns into driveways....if they were in transit sized van and bigger...yeah ok..I can live with it..but Nissan micra and corsas don't need that wide turning circle...heading head on with on coming traffic is not what I was preached.....I turned left at a junction on Sunday. ..the guy aproaching me looked like he was from the thunderbirds movie and his strings had snapped ...he headed for my tf ..I braked and he buzzed passed...
He crossed the white lines and was within inches from my wing...his eyes were glazed and I reckon he didn't have a clue what he had done...he could of killed a child that day....reg numbers and discription are very hard to catch has you are shocked...but the cam stays cool and records idiots that should not be out there.....kids playing chickhen...well if you do actually clip one then it's on record that you were not the cause of the incident.....

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #186239

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
I have a video cam front and rear in the MG.
I also have one attached to my bike handlebars for the pathetic (dangerous) driving I witness on nearly every bike ride.:rant:
David
:shrug:

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT