Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185525

on each corner, + moving the best previous to my spare. jobsagoodun :)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185531

on each corner, + moving the best previous to my spare. jobsagoodun :)

How much were the toyo tr1 tyres my mate?

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185544

I just bought 2x 215x40 16's and 2x195x45 16's for £198.

They seem to have most sizes available.

2 x 215/40 R16 86W XL Toyo Proxes TR1 (TR-1) Performance Tyre - 2154016 (T1-R)
Buy It Now

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: PLEASE USE THE EBAY APP, IT HELPS PAY FOR THE FORUM.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185549

worked out to about 65 quid each at local tyre place. I probably could have got them cheaper elsewhere, but not by much

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185550

I must admit, when I still had my big garage and workshop I had thought about one of these

Portable Manual Tyre Wheel Changer For Car Bike Motorbike Wheels Garage Machine
Completed

so I could swap tyres myself. No room for one at present sadly, but when I move again to somewhere with a decent sized garage its on the list. You save enough in just a couple of tyres to pay fir a cheap one!

... of course there is then the issue of what to do with the old tyres, but with the growing number of treehugger eco builders who are filling them with earth and making houses out of em, I recon thats not too much of a problem ;)

edit: There is of also the issue of wheel balancing.... hmmm £699 for a wheel balancer.... https://twinbusch.co.uk/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=30 thats actually not as much as I expected, but still knocks a big dent in the cost effectiveness

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: PLEASE USE THE EBAY APP, IT HELPS PAY FOR THE FORUM.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185560

PLEASE USE THE EBAY APP, HELPS COVER THE COSTS OF THE FORUM

Just click on the ebay tab on the line above your message and paste the auction number between the brackets.
The auction number is normally about half way down the auction page.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185563

Snap....fitted 4 toyo proxy tr1 tyres
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: g7nbp

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185564

I got the f back from paint yesterday & have spent all day refitting those trinkets removed to make the job easier for the guys at the 'shop. Also replaced the four rebound buffers with stainless/poly, pig of a job, the screw were well rusted & the buffer profile on the replacements was quite generous so I shaved them down to the original profile. Now all's good, lets hope the tester thinks the same; MOT on Monday.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185568

Treated my soft top to its annual Renovo application....
Just like last year as soon as I finished it bloody rained, well about a hour and a half after...
Will have to wait until it all dries properly to see if its been ruined and needs to be done again.

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185569

Treated my soft top to its annual Renovo application....
Just like last year as soon as I finished it bloody rained, well about a hour and a half after...
Will have to wait until it all dries properly to see if its been ruined and needs to be done again.

Sundance

Years ago I used to do any work on my car at a multistorey car park. ..they were ideal for rattle can paint jobs in the dry...Sunday was a ghost town back then...making dry diy jobs on cars easier...no chance of that now..

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185623

All my wheels are done now :) just need to find time to take them and the tyres to be changed, and then whack them on the car.

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185635

After having new tyres on the mg the garage was swept and started coating the floor with a fresh coat of red...will move the mg out next weekend and finish it....got some new led lighting to go in so I can work on the tf night or day...rain or shine..
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds