Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 4 weeks ago #184880

how much for the springs and shocks, and did they come complete?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 4 weeks ago #184885

They were originally complete, but as I posted, I did have to split the springs from the shock absorber to replace them with the red springs.
You can see the original black springs that I took off by the side of the shock absorbers....these I have to return to MGFnTFbitz, as he gave me a discount on the red springs in lieu of me returning the black ones, which they will get powder coated and put back on the shelf when I return them.
You do need a spring compressor to swap these over.

The complete shock absorbers just under £400 and I negotiated a separate price for the springs which was very competitive, probably because I am a regular customer at Bitz and Darren now knows me very well. He does look after his regular clients.
I know he does cheaper deals to visiting customers and also when he is attending an event, such as MG live and of course, Topless around the peaks, which meets at his workshop/warehouse in Glossop.

I am sure if you are after some, they will be able to supply them and maybe even fit the coloured springs too, they have red, yellow and blue springs all in a powder finish. - Don't forget to ask for new bolts too!

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: graham1

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 weeks ago #184908

New shock absorbers and springs now fitted, the shock/spring assy are a doddle to do, except undoing the top nut - I had to grind three off with my trust Dremel, I borrowed my mates DeWalt impact gun for the one close to the fuel lines, which made short work of it! I have to get myself one of those!
Also while the wheels were off, fitted my refurbished calipers that I did last year, as mine were started to look a bit tired.
I will now clean those up and give a fresh lick of paint ready for a swap when the ones just fitted are past their best.
I also put in new Ultimax brake pads all round, I have heard good reports on this.
Finally while the ECU was out to get to the rear nearside shock absorber top nut, I fitted a new powder coated ECU mounting bracket, as mine was looking a bit tinnywormed!

Proof pics below
Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 weeks ago #184909

Looking good

On your disks it is well worth painting the exposed metal parts (not the braking surface of course :lol: ).

Paint the inner hub (but not where the wheel makes contact with it), and the outer edge of the disk.

Stops the unsightly rust. Use caliper paint, hamerite smooth or other enamel type paint. Just finishes it off nicely as can be seen through the wheel.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 weeks ago #184912

Driving for years in remote Scottish locations this has crossed my mind has you here stories..my mazda handbook amused me has it had a function where it notifies the emergency services in the event of a crash with your location...only has good has the phone connection or Internet connection I suppose

All new cars in the EU are now meant to have this feature.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 weeks ago #184913

Sundance - are you doing a how to on your headlight conversion?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 weeks ago #184914

Looking good

On your disks it is well worth painting the exposed metal parts (not the braking surface of course :lol: ).

Paint the inner hub (but not where the wheel makes contact with it), and the outer edge of the disk.

Stops the unsightly rust. Use caliper paint, hamerite smooth or other enamel type paint. Just finishes it off nicely as can be seen through the wheel.

They were painted when I fitted the discs two years ago, they have since diminished somewhat.
I just did not have time to re-do them this weekend. May look at them over the summer.

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 weeks ago #184915

My stupid Honda has this feature. It also has the additional feature of telling me via my mobile that it has been moved from wherever I have parked it . It has informed me three times this weekend that it has been moved . Thing is it hasn't turned a wheel since Thursday ! ! :rant:
On Saturday I removed my TF 's Pektron and sent it and both fobs to Paul ( Technozen ) in the hope he can sort them out . While I wait for it I am fitting a remote boot actuator to a descreet switch in the cabin .
John .

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 weeks ago #184916

Sundance - are you doing a how to on your headlight conversion?

#I don't see why not...I have a few pictures of the job, but not all that would benefit a complete how to. I will have to add some detailed descriptions in. I did sort of cover most things in an earlier post, but let me see what I can do.
Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 weeks ago #184931

Refitted my TF 's Pektron SCU after it plus both fobs were sent to Paul for him to work his magic . Low and behold both fobs are working and the EKA also works . While he had the SCU I asked him to replace all five relays . He found that two of the relays had already been done at some point in the past and we're of the uprated type so he just did the remaining three . I can now get on with servicing the TF for some hopefully good weather . Thanks again to Paul Brown of Technozen for his help with the SCU, top bloke . :woohoo:

John .
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, cairnsys, mgtfbluestreak, Fisher

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 weeks ago #184936

Just got my MGF SE through the MOT with no advisories, after a 14 month hiatus.
Sorted the ABS, new rear brake calipers, ABS sensors, pedestals and bolts, just got to do the small jobs now :)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 weeks ago #184941

Just got my MGF SE through the MOT with no advisories, after a 14 month hiatus.
Sorted the ABS, new rear brake calipers, ABS sensors, pedestals and bolts, just got to do the small jobs now :)

Great to see people keeping our cars on the roads. Although I only had TF's, the Wedgewood SE is such a handsome car, and would be my choice of F if I was to get one....or of course, a Trophy VVC.

Good work Johnny!

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT