Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184571

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Yep, nice work. I used pretty much the same colour scheme on Sue's previous car, Honda CRX. It's on the list for the TF but ahead of that is a wheel refurb, which to be fair has been on the list for about three years......
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184574

Had some time this afternoon to fit the front calipers....getting ever closer to being out of the garage and on the road...

Another pic ....this time with the mg badge the correct way up.

The tf is in good shape for a old bird.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184587

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
MoT time soon, so, if not this weekend then Easter weekend... Both ends up on props and check ass to forrards. Bushes are poly so shouldn't be a prob. Will do an oil change while back wheels are off. Usual Italian tune up en route to the the test station to clear the airways.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184588

Finally finished fitting my COB LED Halo lights to my TF.
A major setback when the supplier sent me two sets that were slightly different, one had a more white/blue hue than the other set (from different suppliers) but managed to get a matched set from elsewhere.

A few piccies of the headlight modification......A mini how to if you like........

Here are the 80mm Halo's

Headlight baked in the oven for a few mins to soften the butyl rubber seal and then the lens is pried off and the centre bezel can be removed to allow fitting of the LED's.

Then a small part of the chromed plastic lens bezel is dremelled away to allow the ring to fit without interference of the soldered joints.

And then glued into place with Sikoflex.

The lights are then soldered together with the LED drivers which are tucked away inside the headlight and the cable with connector is fitted through a drilled hole at the rear of the light bulkhead and sealed with sikoflex. The connector came with the controller circuit, which is needed to dim the Halo's when you turn your lights on and also to flash them when you operate your indicators.

Once both were done, its onto the test bench and put some juice on to test them....

Then it was time to polish the lenses and refit with some new sticky butyl rubber sealant and fit back into the car and finally wire up the controller. (sorry no pics for this).

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevew

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184594

Looks great!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184610

Finally finished fitting my COB LED Halo lights to my TF.

Nice job, I am working on something similar or my F.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184611

I did a 375 mile round trip in my ZS to look at it's replacement, needed so I can spend more time on the F and the maestro.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184665

Last year I fitted new top balljoints did the fronts but only did 1 rear....so a bit of sunshine and the birds whistling outside I went in the garage and removed the rear hub...wow the abs sensor unbolted without snapping that little m6 pin...but removing the abs sensor mounting I snapped off the little plastic locating peg..
So this locates in a m6 hole anyway...so run a m6 tap through and then located the abs sensor holder with a m6 pin after drilling a hole where the plastic lug was.

I then drilled out the 2 broken screws that once held the disc to the hub.and tapped a new m8 thread.

Removed the top balljoint using my trusty 1 metre long power bar..new top balljoint to be fitted
tomorrow
The hub looked a little raw

Attachment not found

so after removing the top balljoint the hub was cleaned and a little coat of black

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184668

Good work, Mark, I would definitely pop a new wheel bearing in while you have the hub off, bearing life expectancy is somewhere between 70k and 80k miles...know this from my first TF where three out of four went between these mileage points. Especially with Staffordshire's pothole ridden highways...
Have changed all four in my 160 now, so should be good for a while.

On a down side, I have twice had to top up my expansion tank in the last three days, so tomorrow I am looking for leaks....lets hope its an external leak and not the heater matrix or radiator....
I am so glad I fitted that sensor on my expansion tank now! Anyone who has not got one, make it a priority!
Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184669

Finally finished all the suspension refurbs after 21/2 years.:woohoo:

I have replaced both front lower ball joints,both track rod ends,one front suspension upper arm bearing(just finished,what a :rant:)
Having tried to remove bearing with an expanding sleeve anchor bolt (as suggested on another forum) and failed :doh:
I broke up the race and used a dremel with diamond bit to cut through outer bearing case.
This left a small grove in the bearing housing.:oops:
This was filled with aluminium filler.
Other bearing hammered out with a drift.
New bearings went in a dream with a threaded bar.
Now no play in wheel.:clap:
On the rear I have replaced both ball joints,both rear upper arm bushes and both track rod arms.(long ones)
Why did MG put the rubber bushes next to the Cat ?:bang:
I can now get it tracked up correctly.
I no longer work where I had access to 4 wheel tracking equipment,so I can no longer use trial and error,and will have to fork out to get it done.:spank:

The car (135) has sport pack 2 and a set of Bilsteins set on the recommended highest setting.
Does any one have any recommendations as most tracking machines have 2 ride height settings, sport and non sport (SP 1) and I think
that the Bilstein set up is part way between the 2 .

Or would I be better off going to the MGF Centre in Wolverhampton and rely on their experience.

The car has always passed its MOT's with no advisories, front upper arm packed with grease before hand,but on rear end no play evident,only found it by using a 30 inch bar welded to an old disc bolted on to hub, checking for play after an unpleasant experience at speed over a very bumpy road. :omg:
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Last edit: Post by VX54NEW. Reason: added extra info

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184670

Fitted the top balljoint to my clean hub...now ready to fit.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak. Reason: Got arrested by fuz before finishing post

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184673

Not as much as some folk....but i checked the tyre pressures when i got my TF out and found the front two had lost 15 pounds in a week. I took the car round to my tyre guy who checked them and said they were beginning to show a small amount of cracking and needed replacing; (not so bad as they were getting lowish on tread). However what surprised me was that when i said the car was only mot'd 6 weeks ago with no advisories, he told me that "cracked tyres will not fail an MOT" bit of a concern that. (£125 for two Toyos fitted sounded good to me) When i got it home later it wouldn't unlock, so i thought the fob battery has gone; went to the local Timpsons in our other car for them to change the battery and check the fob was working Ok....everything fine. Get home and it still wont unlock! Checked how to resynch and that didn't work ...........getting a bit annoyed now so rang the AA. AA man comes along, and simply disconnects the battery for a couple of minutes, reconnects it and it all works perfectly. Couldn't believe what a simple process;something i'll remember if it happens again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak, sworkscooper, SundanceUK

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT