Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184780

I suppose the flashing halo option is for those that convert the tf into a police car like this

Flashes a bit too fast even for a cop car....might be useful if you could rig it up to your alarm or maybe a panic button if you are a lady driver.
Other one I could think of is to your SRS system so it would flash if you prang your car bad...unless you obliterate them completely.
I thought of that one because a guy went off the road between Rocester and Uttoxeter and went into a ditch...no one found him until the next day - he had died, and his young daughter was strapped in behind him still alive....but thats a worst case scenario.
May be other uses too but I cant think of anything else.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: graham1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184782

Driving for years in remote Scottish locations this has crossed my mind has you here stories..my mazda handbook amused me has it had a function where it notifies the emergency services in the event of a crash with your location...only has good has the phone connection or Internet connection I suppose

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184803

Fitted a gearbox splash guard
Well when I first got my tf and saw the timing case side of the engine had a splash guard and the gearbox side did not...then since day 1 I have wanted to put one on...to finish it off has rover should of fitted one...it looks unfinished without......so I made a template from card ....this was quick and easy.

I didn't have any suitable plastic so galvanised steel sheet was my cheapest and only option today.
So the template was placed on the sheet and marked out.

I then used a air nibbler to cut out the shape...this made light work of cutting this type of sheet metal.

After the shape was cut out it was put in place.....scrivets were used to hold it in place...3 in all...2 locations for them were originally there and 1 fresh hole drilled in the subframe.

After fitting the splash guard it was sprayed with black wax to blend in with the arches I sprayed this weekend

Nothing special but got rid of that nagging doubt that summat was missing....kept me good for a couple of hours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184805

When I acquired the tf Spark it had splash guards on each side, alternator side had the standard moulding & the other side a fibre pressing, similar to the early f alternator guard. I quizzed the ‘Bar a while ago as to whether one was available in plastic & most were unaware anything existed in the first place. So MG Rover beat you to it, but yours is a much better job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184807

Thanks..scoured ebay for years and kept meaning to find out if they are fitted to le500 models but can't beat fabricating your own.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184808

Thanks..scoured ebay for years and kept meaning to find out if they are fitted to le500 models but can't beat fabricating your own.

Is there any chance you could put up a full size scan of your template (as a pdf maybe) so that others can use it?

Good job btw :broon: :broon: :broon: :broon:
Robin ;)

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184809

They could use the template if they were to make the splash gaurd from a flexible plastic...but has I found out making it from steel took some bending has the area it fits to isn't exactly flat...but the cardboard sat easily into its shape giving a false impression of its true contour meaning when the steel was fitted it was out a fair bit at the bottom..not meeting the subframe until I did a uri geller on it...bending the steel left the finished product slightly inaccurate. .but good enough not to have to start again...To be honest the template took less than 10 minutes to create and me doing a pdf would take a lot longer.I haven't a scanner..having a suitable plastic to work with I bet the job from start to finish would be less than 1 hour....I'm going to knock a few out in plastic when I find some free.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184811

hi. if you are knocking these out put me down for one just give me a price and I will sort it out. thanks.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184839

so I made a template from card ....this was quick and easy.

So you used CAD to draw it..........Cardboard Aided Design :bust:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 1 month ago #184840

no plastic you plant pot :spank:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 4 weeks ago #184878

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.

I suppose the flashing halo option is for those that convert the tf into a police car like this

Call sign 'Hotel Golf Foxtrot' maybe? :whistle: :coat:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 4 weeks ago #184879

Had a most enjoyable run up to Glossop and the MG utopia that is otherwise known as MGFnTFbitz!
Darren found me a nice set of comfort ride shock absorbers and also supplied me with a nice set of red powder coated springs which I put on when I got back home. New bolts too!
Weather permitting, I am hoping to put them on Shadow tomorrow.
Also picked up a nice immaculate powder coated ECU bracket, and seeing that the ECU has to come out to replace the rear springs, it makes sense to take my less than perfect bracket off and treat my engine bay to a new shiny one!
More pics of the finished job when its done!

Sundance

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT