Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 6 days ago #185055

@denmark. What material are the arms? No need to paint them?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 5 days ago #185062

Hi Dutchman.
I dont know what kind of steel it is made of, but it seems very solid and of good quality.
The steel has some kind of coating, and i dont think paint is nessecary

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 5 days ago #185077

Thanks. Good luck with your renewed ride! I did the regass last year but one day i'll be putting a fcckkit in as well.

Recalibrated my powered steering this week...only when done you notice the difference and it seemed it was badly needed.
Luckily it's a little better to reach the sensor in a LHD car. Fusepanel can stay where it is.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Last edit: Post by The driving dutchman.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 3 days ago #185094

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
I got my stereo working :lol: , Plan to get enough back in place for the dashboard to go back in next weekend

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185180

Bled brakes and fluid change.

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185181

Front bumper off again and headlights removed so I can polish the light tinting off that I put on when I did my Halo's.
I was hoping that the tinting coating would help as a UV protection, but it just took the edge off the headlight performance, so they are back to nice polished standard clear lenses again.
At least when I put the front bumper back on again, it was a little better aligned this time.

Also re-torqued up my shock absorber bolts as the figure in the MG TF torque settings list was a bit on the low side. Now they are spannered up to a more healthy 105 Nm.

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185183

After having to totally ignore my TF other than fitting some roll hoops oh and refurbishing three alloys for over a year took it for today, Paaaassss yeah will be taxed May.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185190

Well after completing the brake pipes etc I've now had to get the car back up on axle stands again. We appear to have a failed wheel bearing. I would really like to fit a complete hub and flange etc and have been quoted £125 a pop. As the clutch is on its way out and going to cost £350, I'll have to fit a new bearing kit.

So tonight's job has been removing the hub ready to have the old bearing pressed out and the new one pressed in.

The jobs still keep coming.

:beer: :beer: Steve.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185192

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Weeeell, to be honest, seriously considering getting rid. I've long worried about the basic reliability: major failures like drive hub and front ball joint at less than 30k, ditto brake discs all round plus replacing a HG at 29k. It's Sue's daily driver at the end of the day and I want her to be safe and not stranded on a dark night with hgf. One airbag. My Volvo has gawd knows how many: about 17. Her life is more important to me than mine.

Had fun and grief in mostly equal measure: going to look at Cooper S's tomorrow. New not old.
Watch this space.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185193

Had a wicked thought of getting rid too last weekend in favour of a merc but luckily the mercedes didn't have a big enough engine in it...
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185194

Mate at work just got rid of his SLK, new door lock - £700. window mechanism £1500 and a few other smallish jobs that needed doing meant he was going to fork out over £3500.
At least the parts for our MG's are cheap and easy to replace.

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 11 months ago #185200

Spent last week helping ( maybe hindering) couple of old friends put a clutch in a 1998 mgf . They use the mgf as a track car but had burned the clutch out. Each blaming the others bad driving. The car had originally belonged to Gerry and myself we bought it as scrap but it was way too good to scrap..Gerry warned them I'd be as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. The job turned out to be fairly straightforward. One badly seized bold held us up for a couple of hours. We did the job without dropping the subframe splitting the engine and gearbox in situ gave us about just enough of a gap to take the old clutch out. New clutch pressure plate and wheel bearing were squeezed into place. Ooops forgot to check the clutch fork. Seized solid. Half an hour later all good. Clutch back in and working. . Having a four poster ramp at our disposal has really been a bonus for us. Our days for lying underneath motors are long gone

So if you come across two auld codgers that remind you of Jack and Victor from still game at Kames race track go over and say hello
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT