Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #185785

It's not too bad on stands. I did the full system on my Frontera with it on the ground, though to be fair that did have slightly better ground clearance ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #185786

Had car fully tracked.I had recently put a new upper balljoint on the passenger side rear....has you can see from the before measurements on this wheel the readings are in red.

Where did you take Bluey to be aligned, Mr Bluestreak? I have been looking for a good local garage who can do it. I need to get my car done soon, and the last two garage I used I was not happy with the results, and one said I had play in my steering rack, but after taking it out and replacing it, it looked fine to me!
Also, looking at the camber measurements, the camber is not adjustable on our cars, unless you have replaced the rear lower arms with adjustable ones.

Sundance

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #185787

Flushed coolng system and replaces nearside rear sub-frame mount, (s/s) as previous owner/garage had snapped one of the mounting bolts and just welded the mount through the bolt hole!!!

Fitted two (well one actually) new gear cable linkages, gear box end. It appears that one of them is too short, (both supplied was same size and only fitted one linkage, the horozontal one) so the original had to be put back until problem solved. Has anyone experience this and how did you overcome it?

Bought a set on nice leather seats and fitted.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #185788

I went to kwikfit for the tracking...2 years ago maybe can't quite remember I bought a tracking plan of them...can't even remember the full details now but it lasts for a few years and you have about 3 tracking in the plan..front and back I think class has 1 tracking out of the plan....anyway...long story here...I had the car tracked a few times has I was replacing suspension components. ...and out of the plan I had 1 adjustment left for the rear...recently changed rear upper balljoint and went back to kwikfit stafford branch...I was told the plan was out of date by 2 days and I couldn't use it....even though I was about to buy 4 tyres..off I went and bought 4 tyres from elsewhere and was left with the fact of trying to find a garage which could do rear tracking....back to kwikfit stafford and another manager was on...a more efficient one...I told him of my tracking plan refusal and he said that's bullshit and he would have words with the other guy...no charge he said..after doing the rear the mechanic came into reception and stated the front was needed to be aligned aswell...ok I said expecting to pay £60 for it...I got my card out and the manager said it was ok...no charge today...happy as larry
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #185800

Typed out a long but interesting and humorous post but the eithernet decided I had logged out so deleted it :(

1) Removed a subframe mount through bolt - 5 hours! Removed remains of N/S hydragas pipe - 20 minutes
2) Fitted front to rear brake line - 20 minutes.
3) Rerouted clutch flexi hose - 10 minutes.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #185802

A short while ago I mentioned that I was going to fit a pressure relief thermostat at the front of the car, which I did on Saturday; that bit took me about an hour. However to make this lot work you have to remove the original thermostat, that was an absolute ague in the spheres & in the process I broke it. The car's twenty years old & has done 119k miles & my guess is that the thermostat has never been touched; the pipe end was rusted up & the engine end seized & replacing the fresh housing, fitted with new “O” rings, reinstating it was even worse. One gratifying note however was that there was not the slightest sign of emulsion in the system, at all, nothing, no greasy spots, not a trace or suggestion & that on a 119k twenty year old K series MGf . And there are no leaks & it works properly & it didn't seem to take longer to heat up & if it helps ward off HGF, even a little, I'll be happy & I hope that's not pissed on the chips.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #185805

Fixed the inoperative horn on the wife's 'F.

Whoever had the steering wheel off last :coat: had forgotten to clip the wiring plug in :spank: :slapme:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Last edit: Post by Andy Lawrence.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #185810

Did do no nothing this week. Just enjoyed the ride !!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #185812

Done nothing myself but had John and Clare Norris pay me a visit to replace the clutch on my TF. They both worked through the heat of the the day and once again done a great job on my car.

My TF now has a great gear change and seems sweeter to drive. Thanks again to both of them.

Tomorrow is MOT time I'm hoping to get through without any advisories. Hoping, we'll wait and see :pop:

:beer: :beer: Steve.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #185813

One gratifying note however was that there was not the slightest sign of emulsion in the system, at all, nothing, no greasy spots, not a trace or suggestion & that on a 119k twenty year old K series MGf . And there are no leaks & it works properly & it didn't seem to take longer to heat up & if it helps ward off HGF, even a little, I'll be happy & I hope that's not pissed on the chips.

So why are you "modifying" something that has been operating perfectly for so long?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #185817

In reply to G0RSQ: you ask a valid question, however I only found out how clean the system was by opening it up & looking inside. A couple of weeks ago I outlined my plan & asked for comments, no one came back with any adverse remarks, so the job was on. I had the stuff around me & as I see my car as something to be incrementally improved, I went through the struggles & came out of the other side happy. I am aware that the tf, with its PRT, cooks head gaskets, however MG redesigned the cooling system, incorporating the new 'stat, to ameliorate the problem & to a degree it did. However as I work on the Every Little Helps principle, I'm hoping that that Little bit Helps. Mike.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 5 years 10 months ago #185818

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
I had noticed a slight blow on the exhaust.
Investigation revealed this.

Clamp almost completely disintegrated.

Of course to fit a new one requires removing the flange and welding a new one back on.

So I took off the back box and had the welding done. All back together and no leaks!. Yeah!:clap:
David
:shrug:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT