Sign In   Register

Topic

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123272

Good luck :broon:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)
The following user(s) said Thank You: richandpaula

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123273

In your last post are you talking about the connectors either end of the filter? If so get a new filter. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123291

Sorry, reading back it's not that clear which pipes & connectors i was on about - it's the orange & green fuel lines at the fuel pump.

I first removed the orange 'snap on' type connector from the fuel filter and nothing came out on turn over, i then went further back to the pump itself and removed the orange 'snap on' type connector from the pump. again nothing came out on turn over.

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123293

Which end is the orange connector on the filter?
David

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123294

Not sure what you mean?
I guessed it was the fuel outlet, not inlet?

It's the end pointing at you as you look into the inspection slot from the rear of the car.

Last edit: Post by richandpaula.

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123297

Yeah that's the outlet. Try taking the inlet off. If you get fuel flow at the inlet then the fuel filter is blocked.
I think the orange connector pipe at the fuel pump is the return. If you get fuel at the green connector pipe at the fuel pump it means the pump is pumping. No fuel from the orange connector at the filter means the fuel is not getting past there.
If you take off the connector on the supply side of the filter and get a flow of fuel it means the blockage is in the filter.
David

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123300

Oh bugger...if that's the case, it could blow my faulty fuel pump conclusion out of the water!

I thought the fuel feed is Orange and the fuel return is Green?
reading your post again, I was checking for a flow from the fuel pump:

(Not my photo - it's from a quick google - i would of put a cloth down first to catch any spilled fuel)

so I expected some fuel to come out of the pump with the orange line disconnected if the pump was working?

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123301

I'm not certain which pipe is flow and which return to be honest at the pump. Just an assumption from what you found fuel flow at the green not at the orange. Removing the inlet to the fuel filter would resolve whether you are getting fuel flow to that point.
David

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123302

Might change the filter anyway to be on the safe side - come this far and it can't do any harm can it ;)

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123303

I've just got this from Dieter's site showing the flow pipe from the tank.

That seems to suggest that the orange one is the fuel out flow, if you match it with your photo, but I would still try disconnecting the feed to the filter and cranking the engine. (with suitable receptacle in place. Usual safety rules apply.)
David
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123305

Rich, no need to start removing hoses from the pump, just unclip fuel line from the filter (ignition off) at No8 on David's picture. put a catch bottle over the end of pipe No8 and turn ignition on, you should get a flow of fuel into your catch bottle if not, its a pump problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: richandpaula

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123306

Thanks Russell, done that last night - no flow, so went back past the filter to make sure it wasn't the filter. no flow from the pump either. so it's looking like a pump problem.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT