Sign In   Register

Topic

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123420

Right guys this post is frustrating,let me clear it up as i think there may be confusion as somebody as posted a picture of the le 500 siemens pump from my ebay listing,the one fitted in grey shell with the caps lock text and part numbers for differents models.

There was only three pumps made.One for the mark 1 mgf with the red screw top wfx 100670 the other two for mark 2 mgfs and mgtfs i will explain below.

I have looked at the one in your car i can 100 percent assure you Rich it is the delphi pump WFX101230 readily available on ebay i also have one in stock £39.99 and if you lived local i would fit it for free.These was fitted to late mark 2 mgf fuel and mgtfs up until vin number 4D634733.Most of the changeover tookplace on cars in 2004 depending on registration hence you still have the older one.

From vin 4D634734 mg changed the contract supplier to siemens hence they look similar from the top the silver cap is the same the feed and return hoses are the same the electrical connector plug is different the electical connector plugs in HORIZONTALLY on the other pump (WFX101321) yours is VERTICAL and the part number is WFX101320

As i advised last week,see if your pump primes on ignition if not there is a problem.You seemed to have moved on from this and from reading the posts no fuel is being supplied.It is common for these fuelpumps to fail you can always check the connector and see if you are getting a live feed to be 100 percent this can be achieved with a simple light up 12 volt tester that will not throw any sparks off.
These pumps can be changed in 5 minutes undo the car battery terminal unconnect the plug and hoses from fuelpump unscrew the silver cap on top you will need to knock it around with a blunt screwdriver or coal chisel to start and pull it out make sure to put the black seal back on top of tank and refit in reverse order.

Buy WFX101320 your problem will be solved you can visit my ebay shop i have one listed or contact me if you need anymore useful advice that will move you in the right direction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: richandpaula

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123421

I'm not so sure.
Think the pump electrical connectors may be different.
Can't say about the relay as I've not removed the rear boot carpet yet.

I best have a proper look before buying.

Did you check the relay in boot i advised last week they behind the boot carpet if yours is a 2004 you definetly have the black relay YWB000440

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123431

Today, we've done nothing to it and the car has started every time without fail.
:dunno:
Test meter shows a good feed to the fuel pump while priming for 2 secs then drops off.
While engine is running 13V across the fuel pump connector.

I've got a new fuel filter now and will replace this as it can't do any harm.

But on the plus side, at least we've found the faulty brake light must be a broken cable in the loom by the boot hinge...plan is to replace this with a new piece of wiring and modular plugs (in case it ever needs replacing again).

Really is time for a beer and some sun now!
:yesnod:

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123432

Yep, I think I put all that. 3 different pumps. :-) My post was to show all 3 pumps, not to advise Rich to get the LE500 etc pump. :-)

Edit// Love the colour of your car by the way.

Last edit: Post by Mindy.

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123435

Hi Rich A new fuel filter will do the job as it now looks like some thing solid is in the fuel filter and is blocking it up then you must knock the car and it falls back then you start the car up it picks it up again
good luck with it any way
John
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123445

Hmmm, Anyone got the wiring diagram for the brake light?

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123446

I think you should get the wiring diagram in the downloads section, under the community tab. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123453

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1013188_10201493095119989_1946875567_n.jpg

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Mindy.

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123502

A blocked filter is like having a blocked injector,the car will still run but will misfire or run on three, there is that much pressure some fuel will still get through.unless somebody poured some concrete in fuel filler neck.It is the fuelpump or a wiring short somewhere

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123503

Yep, I think I put all that. 3 different pumps. :-) My post was to show all 3 pumps, not to advise Rich to get the LE500 etc pump. :-)

Edit// Love the colour of your car by the way.

Thanks

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123507

I once got some contaminated fuel on a run up to Northern Scotland, the car would idle fine and run OK until you put your foot down to overtake or climb a hill, then cough splutter missfire. Not nice when you were half way past a juggernaut on the A9! :woowoo:
When I took the fuel filter off, a load of rusty water came out! :omg:
In the end I had to take the tank off to get it all out.
David
:shrug:

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 10 months ago #123510

I Only ever came across water ingress concerning fuel on a customers car once. At the bottom of the mild steel fuel neck is a rubber hose about 3 inches long,the jubille clip was loose and over a period of time water had seeped in.Due to the location of the plastic tank they are pretty bulletproof the car would have to be squashed to damage it.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT