Sign In   Register

Topic

Out and about 6 years 10 months ago #178662

Out and about was a negative for me at the gloriously sunny weekend owing to an expired MOT certificate. Sothis morning I had an apprehensive topless drive to the MOT station and then walked to work. Just heard that she has passed :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: so shall pick her up after work and have a happy topless drive home.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Out and about 6 years 10 months ago #178664

Your TF and the countryside looking really good Mr Bluestreak . My wife and I are off to France tomorrow ( If they let us in ) in our TF . Fingers crossed the car behaves itself and we can enjoy some top down driving .

John

Cheers and enjoy your holiday ..do send us some pictures.

Out and about 6 years 10 months ago #178665

Out and about was a negative for me at the gloriously sunny weekend owing to an expired MOT certificate. Sothis morning I had an apprehensive topless drive to the MOT station and then walked to work. Just heard that she has passed :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: so shall pick her up after work and have a happy topless drive home.

Nice one commander now get out and about..????

Out and about 6 years 10 months ago #178669

Making the most of this glorious weather, and the good fortune of having booked a week off together, Mrs Sundance and I decided a little sojourn to the coast.
The best beach by far within a do-able time limit for us is without a doubt, Blackrock Sands, by Portmadoc. So with windbreak, a couple of lounger cushions and a cool bag packed full we headed off west!
Once we got outside of Staffordshire, the roads were a joy to drive, and the scenery spectacular.
A quick stop at Elsmere Port for a leg stretch under the willow tree adorned lake...

Then off through Llangollen, onto the excellent A5 and up through Corwen and on to Bala for the second pitstop.
Here we parked by the Llyn Celyn reservoir on the A4212 just to take in the view. This road takes the high ground from Bala and is a short cut to Portmadoc through some of the roads that are arguably the best roads I have ever driven my TF.

Just after dropping down to the A470 close to Bronaber, you then head off right to Portmadoc, with some of the most enthralling views. Here is the Ffestiniogs Llyn Stwlan Dam just visable and one place I must visit, as the road up to the dam looks like one to add to the wish list.

Once out of the Snowdonia range, and into Portmadoc, the lower clouds that form over the mountains clear and blue sky is welcomed.
I seem to find that once onto Blackrock sands, the beach seems to have its own micro climate, when everywhere else is cool and dull, Blackrock always seems to be warm and sunny. Indeed We have managed to hit the beach and sunbathe in October before now.
Anyway on to the beach and as Schools were in today, the beach was reasonably well vacated with plenty of space to park the TF and set up.
You have to love this beach, the sands are flat and firm and the sea is clear, you can wade out 50 yards and the sea only comes up to your belly!

The water was exceptionally warm also, very surprising for early summer, in fact it was the warmest I have ever known it!
Gotta love this picky, showing off me new door graphics!

One word of warning - don't go too close to the sea, towing out charges are £50! In fairness to the owner of this white Corsa, it looked like one of his brakes had seized up, because when they towed him out, one of his back wheels was locked.

The return journey saw us detour for a stop at Deudraeth Castle, close to Portmerion, now a restaurant for fine dining. Unfortunately we did not have time to stop at Portmerion itself, but Mrs Sundance has been promised a night there sometime soon, the village is a great place to visit and stay overnight!

Then it was back on the road, the A470 again, heading through the pine forests to Dolgellau, the forests, mountains and flawless winding roads made this part of the tour an excellent drive.

Then on to Bala, where we parked up by the lake.....

......and found a nice secluded cove for a picnic supper!

And finally back on through Corwen heading to Llangollen taking in the spectacular views of the River Dee valley....

Before finishing off our day trip via Whitchurch, Audlem and Woore back into Stoke-on-Trent and home.
A round trip of 250 miles all with the roof down and some glorious weather, and only 5 MX5's spotted, and sadly nor a single F or TF.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, mgtfbluestreak

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

Out and about 6 years 10 months ago #178676

Great looking car..nice out and about..covers some miles those pair..????
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Out and about 6 years 10 months ago #178687

Yes Mr Sundance awesome car and road trip with nice pictures to go with it.:broon: :broon: :broon:

:beer: :beer: Steve

Out and about 6 years 10 months ago #178699

We've just got back from 10 days in Naples, normally we drive into Europe but this year we flew, we are driving to Barcelona later in the year anyway.

Normally we see a few MGs and Rovers but on this trip we saw more Ferraris on Thursday night while eating dinner than MGR all week, and that was only one.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Out and about 6 years 10 months ago #178708

Out and about this morning to catch some country life..left at 7.30am..not to far just a steady local run driving down some virgin lanes with no direction in mind....wish i had a dash cam on to catch the hare that ran out of a gateway and stared for a short while..
After a short time I was in wetley rocks and after randomly picking direction ended up not knowing where I was going or where I would end up..

Wheather overcast but still I enjoyed being out and about.

Plenty of foxgloves on the hedge banks. ..
To me anyway I'm off the beaten track with no familiar
Lanes...went through stanley bank and past a pub called the travellers rest wave from the landlord tidying his garden..polite chap..must pop in for a pint when I'm back around here...
Not many people around at this time..just a few hooved onlookers.

Over a little bridge going over the canal
And over a single track railway with a weed filled track.
Finally I got my bearing so to speak and I was in Endon on the leak road...headed towards stoke on trent for my short journey home and what's this?...another trophy blue tf coming the other way..I flashed my lights and exchanged a wave...another mger out and about..arrived home in time for some breakfast and the rain just starting to fall...quick check of the trip revealed 26 miles...:wave:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Out and about 6 years 10 months ago #178745

Mr Bluestreak also does his fair share of local touring!
We have just been asked by a few car enthusiasts at work to join them on Sunday for a run around Bakewell and the peaks....might just have to say yes, I see another out and about coming on!

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Out and about 6 years 10 months ago #178751

The memsahib and I were out and about on the Llangollen Canal three weeks ago.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, SundanceUK

Out and about 6 years 10 months ago #178765

like those narrowboats myself ..........does that stretch of canal go over a breath taking aquaduct?.......and why do narrowboats pass each other in the continental manner....on the wrong side of the road....or the canal,so to speak........found this out some years back when i took the tiller for the first time and was shocked by a angry looking boat owner blowing his horn has i was on the left handside of the cut.....i quickly got on the right.......canal so low or the silt so high you could hear it touching the bottom.......
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Out and about 6 years 10 months ago #178780

Boats/ships approaching each other have always passed port side to port side.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT