Sign In   Register

Topic

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168099

fine looking tf you have there tone...........great to see another mg out and about with fantastic views......castle looks great dunnit........amazing structure of shoes stacked up there.....i bet the rag and bone man would of liked them when the scrap pices were high.....theres some weight there :clap:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168102

fine looking tf you have there tone...........great to see another mg out and about with fantastic views......castle looks great dunnit........amazing structure of shoes stacked up there.....i bet the rag and bone man would of liked them when the scrap pices were high.....theres some weight there :clap:

Hi. Thanks for your comments.
The castle does stand well over looking the valley. I was surprised that one or two shoes had not been nicked from the pile. :-? I assume the thieving bar stewards are to occupied with the lead on the local church's. :rant:

Tony B)

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168103

Just done some dvla checks on the poor lotus elan.........its currently sorn.....it was first regesterd on 1st august 1968......wow the poor girl was made when i was about 1 year old........she passed her last mot with no advisories and the last mot expired on23rd july 2008...with only 59,094 miles on her pretty clock.....what a crying shame it hadnt had more use....59,thou...thats nowt.. :(

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168105

Just done some dvla checks on the poor lotus elan.........its currently sorn.....it was first regesterd on 1st august 1968......wow the poor girl was made when i was about 1 year old........she passed her last mot with no advisories and the last mot expired on23rd july 2008...with only 59,094 miles on her pretty clock.

It is a shame that she sits waisting away. :bang: Someone would love this project. :yesnod:

Tony B)

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168109

Thanks Bluestreak love my land Rover to bits but I've just had 110 rear springs fitted for towing purposes. Although this works great for that reason the ride is not suitable for a bad back also.
Going to try and hack saw that lower arm bolt out tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168371

Spotted another TF locally (Uttoxeter - Alton Staffs area) A pinkish looking Monogram (not sure the colour) but it turned into Denstone, So another TF on the locale...they are all coming out now!

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168506

Bank holiday at last.....lets get the mg out and hit the hills for a few hours.........first picture was entering the peak district national park....turned around to take this shot of the mill stone sign.

The next shots were taken at okeover hall derbyshire.....felt like driving through a game reserve has all the cattle and sheep including the ducks had right of way....roaming freely across the road

and after the short incounter with the fresh smells and views of the countryside i headed back home and through cheddleton........where i saw a midget for sale by the roadside............no not one of the seven dwarfs........a mg midget ......anyway with interests for older cars mainly mg i pulled up and had a gander.......it was a rubber bumper model.....not in the best of condition......the note on the windscreen said interesting history.......i wonder what that was.....there was no price on it which only means one thing.......its pricey......had a quick look thinking if i had it the rubber bumpers would come off in favour of chrome......the rubber bumpers seem to be ill fitting....dont no if its thru warping with age or shunting on car parks........i took a picture of it and left....that was the only other mg id seen today while out and about...

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168510

Was out over the moorlands too and up over to Buxton and beyond on a visit to the hallowed ground that is MGFnTFBITZ to pick up some new rear crash cans and replacement bumper brackets, so was not far from you Bluestreak as I went up through Bottomhouse and over the top of the moors to the Roaches to pick up the Buxton road. Only with the rear bumper off the TF, had to use the GF's baby Lambo (Renault Wind) still good enough for the roof down and some good tunes on the speakers! Only just does not have the power of my 160.
Car all back together now, so fingers crossed after a good wash, should be out for a run tomorrow and enjoy the driving instead of the spannering!
Lets hope its a nice day!

Sundance

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168514

hey up! sundance .........yes i passed jcb rocester around 3ish.....headed towards ilam and back out towards leek.....must have gone through bottomhouses about 4 ish.........you were in a renault wind.........never heard of one till now.....they look fun....
Attachments:

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168516

Yes I know the route you took then, Ilam, then through Grindon and back via Onecote and Bottomhouse then maybe Ipstones or back via Ashboune, or even sunny Alton where I am. Used to do that run reglarly in my late teens on my motorbike, great scenic run.
That pub at Onecote is ok for a stop off BTW, great outdoor beer garden when its nice n sunny!
I was under my motor by 4pm putting my rear bumper back on. Took it off to do a small job and ended up replacing all the brackets and the crash cans, as they were siezed solid and the bolts all sheared off. Then found some hidded corrosion that had to be treated and resprayed. All back together now with the added bonus of a new rear view camers fitted into the bumper and piped in to my new head unit. Not the best car to see behind with having the smaller glass screen, rear spiler, roll hoops and a smoked windstop! So the camera should help any tricky reversing manoevers!
The wind is quite a rare car, only made them for a couple of years, bought the missus one a few weeks ago, only got 6K pn the clock, so like new. Its got a powered hood and climate control, cruise control and is a nippy 1.2 turbo. I do like it, and its a head turner in its own rite...still not as good as my TF though, but her indoors loves it!

Sundance

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168517

interesting what you said about impaired vision sundance while reversing .......does the spoiler get in the way that much........i ask because from day 1 ive never made my mind up about if i should fit a rear spoiler to my tf 135...................................................................yes i was looking around a renault garage at madeley last week and saw a wacky renault twingo.....would of liked to test it just for the wacky fun factor...heres the pic of it i took
Attachments:

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168518

The spoiler although it sits high, does not interfere too much with the rear vision, maybe only about an inch or so of the lower view is lost, the hoops and tinted winstop make a big difference. The rear end of the TF does sit high too, so reversing when you are close to obstructions can be a bit awkward as we all know.
Its a bit of a gimmik really and only fitted it as my head unit supported the camera input. The camera was only a tenner off the Bay and is actually really impressive. Works well at night, just tested it as we went for a run up to the excellent Raddle in for a nice juicy fillet steak, and it works great at night too!
Dont be put off with the spoiler....the TF and F were meant to have one fitted, and I just love mine....gives the car a real sporty appearance...well I think so anyhow!
The Twingo actually shares a few running gear parts with the Wind....saw plenty of them in Tenerife, they hire them out for tourist run abouts there! Kinda fun buggys I think!
Anyhow, Bluestreak, how about a run out tomorrow evening for a nice spot of country roading and a beer garden? You up for it?

Sundance

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT