Sign In   Register

Topic

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168040

So the sun showed its face again and i was off..............out and about in the direction of buxton and stopped to walk around the pavillion gardens and the town itself

where i spotted this lovely red ford cortina mk3 2000e

and then on to chapel en le frith and towards castleton and the hope valley

where i finally went trough winnats pass ...a trip ive wanted to do for a while

and then the return journey home trough buxton moors

and past the roaches

only saw 1 yellow tf today in buxton....mx5s were everywhere......did spot a kit car a dutton in the town......doesnt it look diddy.

anyone else been out and about today or plan a trip out tomorrow dont be shy and share some pictures with us :broon:
while i was at upper hulme i took this small vid but theres plenty of wind noise has it flamin windy there innit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, mgtftone

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168057

I was out with the Border Patrol yesterday around Northumbria.

We went to High Force in Teesdale.

Apparently the water was flowing sideways! :slapme:
David
:shrug:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak, mgtftone

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168058

Nice pics, of nice cars, nice views.

Mmmmmmmm Could be a LE 500 then.?.
;)

Last edit: Post by mgtftone. Reason: Missed text.

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168077

amazing....ive never seen a sideway flowing fall before......i must pop up there sometime to view it!
Attachments:

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168081

Bit of a letdown this morning as her in doors wanted to go shopping...so off we went in the shopping car has it had more bootspace for shopperholics...our shopping car is a mazda 6.....but still i got out and about.....mazda pictured below :wave:

while on the way shopping we were overtaken by 2 guys who made the open road look like brands hatch.....they were on a racing motorbike and side car...it was amazing watching the passenger shift around...balancing the sidecar has they went through the many bends on that road.......and he ducked down on the straights for that streamline blast.......i imagined what it would of been like .......i reckon they must of stopped off after a while to stretch there legs.

the only mg i spotted throughout the day was this zr....out shopping at morrisons

after the shopping i exchanged the mazda for the tf .....after giving the tf a polish we were out and about again :woohoo:

we saw a lotus elan plus 2....that was parked on a unadopted road by the inlaws...although it looks in good shape.....its been sitting there unmoved for the last 5 years that i know of.

after the encounter with the elan....we went window shopping for a car....nothing of interest at a local garage.....but they did have a tf....so i took a picture of it anyway...

nice day again wannit! :beer:

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168084

Shame about that Elan. My mate used to have one of those back in the 70/80's - cracking car :yesnod:
Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168085

Nice to see you guy's out and about. But this topic is pissing me off big style. As I'm currently doing a lot of work to my TF I'm missing all this great weather and now to top it all off my back has given in. Which has now delayed the job further.

Anyway chaps keep on enjoying the jaunts and keep me motivated to get the work done as soon as poss.

:drive: :drive:

:beer: :beer: Steve

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168088

Shame about that Elan. My mate used to have one of those back in the 70/80's - cracking car :yesnod:

yes it is a shame for the elan....the car is owned by a little shop not on the picture ...to the right of the elan....a bit of a antique,come curios shop....ive intended on calling in to have a look around and chat about the elan....but i only visit the inlaws on a sunday when the shop is shut...............i believe the last elan plus 2 was made in 1975....called the plus 2 has they had rear seating to sit 2 passengers.with skinny legs and no kneck........the engines i think wer 1557cc dohc......body being of glass fibre construction with a backbone chassis

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168090

Great pictures. Why would you leave a great car like that for so long ( Elan) ? Get it sold and let someone restore it. Your TF's looking good . :broon:

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168091

Nice to see you guy's out and about. But this topic is pissing me off big style. As I'm currently doing a lot of work to my TF I'm missing all this great weather and now to top it all off my back has given in. Which has now delayed the job further.

Anyway chaps keep on enjoying the jaunts and keep me motivated to get the work done as soon as poss.

:drive: :drive:

:beer: :beer: Steve

sorry to hear about the bad back.........bad backs and tfs dont mix............cant be all that bad though steve you have your landrover to run around in........something i cant stop thinking about....may have another....my first was in about 1986....when i bought a series 3......not picked up very well from my photo is the colour.....the owner had sprayed it in a blue mettalic.....which gave me the bug for blue mettallic rovers
the picture below was taken of a photo of my landrover which was stook in a local shop window back in 86.....advertising it for sale.......that photo was the beginning of the rover bug

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevew

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168093

Invalid or non-existent item ID.

Great pictures. Why would you leave a great car like that for so long ( Elan) ? Get it sold and let someone restore it. Your TF's looking good . :broon:

yes indeed why would you.....there was a attempt to cover it up once......my theory is it draws attention and people enter his shop to ask about it.........maybe hes waiting for the right price......what are they worth?........ive seen another shop on one of my country runs where the owner places old classics that are rusting away outside the shop.....they range from a morris minor,triumph herald ragtop looking very ropey......and a reliant scimiter....though the reliant is fibre glass....i reckon theres plenty of rust underneath........no sign suggesting they are for sale but i suspect theres been plenty of customers entering the shop that would not have if it wasnt for these strategically placed relics.....the cars only ever appear one at a time.....they must be trailerd there..............but the poor elan is grounded.......i wonder if hes ever botherd to start her up?......a quick gander on ebay reveals no cars for sale....but theres spares......even a chassis

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #168095

Hello.

At last I was able to get out and about in the sun shine. Decided to have a run over to the Vale of Belvoir and see the castle. :drive:

Dropped of at Scarrington and saw their amazing pile of Horse Shoes. Stands about 17 feet high just by the old forge in the centre of the village.

There were plenty of MX5's about but only saw one MGF/TF, a redish one with the hood up, wandered if it is the one I have seen before around here? :-?

Tony B)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.162 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT