Sign In   Register

Topic

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #167746

It must be the same people that decide to pull out in front of you from side roads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #167764

Saw a blue TF pass the JCB factory ar Rocester about 3.30p today, with the roof down, Was that you MGTFBluestreak?

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #167765

Yes great weather today and decided to drive in the peak district....a route ive done before but its not that far away.......a nice country run from uttoxeter to ilam
to wetton mill in the manifold valley and onto leek

above is the tf parked on a village car park.......a little notice board had a menu stateing that if you gave them a ring bacon sandwiches would be brought to your tent..............what ever happend to camping has we knew it where you were at one with the great outdoors and you had to cook yourself

the cave above was another stopping point.......where the only sound was a woodpecker from a distance away......

above stopped at thorpe cloud where all the motoring enthusiasts toured through...these ranged from vintage cars i could not put a name to ,some subarus in convoy,and a wartime american 4 wheel drive..............Saw 2 mgs along my travels today..........a brg mgf in stoke on trent and a chinese tf in red at uttoxeter
and yes i did have 2 idiots pull out on me today from junctions on the left.....a woman in a 4x4 who never botherd to look and when she did her car was parked across my lane while i was avoiding her front wing........it looked as if she could not handle the car...maybe she was wearing the wrong footwear.......no nasties were exchanged but she could tell by the look on my face that i wasnt giving her a award for safe driving.........another in leek thought it was a great idea for me to aproach closer and closer and then hit the gas pulling out from the left in front of me struggling to handle the car under accelleration.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Bob, mgtftone

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #167771

Saw a blue TF pass the JCB factory ar Rocester about 3.30p today, with the roof down, Was that you MGTFBluestreak?

Sundance

yes that was me,i was heading for the manifold valley.......its a favourite run of mine........making the most of the warm weather ......put the roof back up later has we could here thunder when we were in thorpe cloud and by the time we were in leek it was raining dogs and cats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, mgtftone

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #167774

Nice one mate, wish I could have joined you, but spent all day under the car replacing the rear subframe front mounting brackets, total bitch of a job, had two bolts shear, so had to drill and helicoil them, the other side came out with not trouble.
Looks like its going to be a good one today, so will try to get out this afternoon and have a run! Good lady is at work today, so I am a free agent!
Ilam is a great run, very scenic, and Thors cave is amazing, had a mate who did a birthday party allnighter in there once!

Sundance

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #167776

Yes planned allnighters at thors cave in my teens...but after drinking at base camp...we called it off under health and safety grounds...we camped at wetton mill,but I noticed no tents there anymore,they must have stopped it......the scenery is great looking out of a open top mg....the first time I went around that area was in the early 70s...its changed very little if at all...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #167786

Mmmmm....We should arrange a local F/TF owners run out around there, be nice to have a little convoy going. What ya reckon MGTFBluestreak?
And any local guys on here...

Sundance

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #167787

Another out and about this fine sunday so wasnt going to waste the opertunity....did the general sunday thing and went for dinner in uttoxeter...............itching to drive the mg roof down off we went 1st pic leaving uttoxeter

down the a50 for a short spell and then stop 1 was a little airfield at darley moor raceways.....where you can view tiger moths,paragliders,gliders and the like....but not there today so went on to carsington water......

carsington water was very popular with tourists today and people enjoying water sports.........from there we headed to matlock.....a mecca for motorbikes......

the picture above coming through matlock....red ferrari aproaching on right of photo and not seen in photo is another tf...on a 02 plate hidden by the zafira

out of matlock travelled to bakewell and onto buxton and the next pictures taken on moors on the way out

then we passed the roaches........and the winking man.............into leek and headed back home..............not a spot of rain and a good day all round......exchanged a wave with a fellow mg owner in buxton.......saw about 6 others out today 3 fs and 3 tfs............nice to be out and about innit..........
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #167790

You lucky so and so. My good friend lives in belpur, have to say nice part of the world. Unlike the south coast.... Busy and over priced.

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #167792

Saw a nice TF - "Foxy Lady" - parked up in Ongar . Passed two TF's got one wave. Lots of classics out and about including, an E-type, Daimler Dart, TR2 (or3), and I'm pretty sure a Ford Classic Convertible.
Of course there were innumerable MX5's.

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #167793

You lucky so and so. My good friend lives in belpur, have to say nice part of the world. Unlike the south coast.... Busy and over priced.

yes i passed through belper........didnt spend much money at all ....the tf is great on fuel and i just bought a ice cream and a bottle of pop from aldi in buxton :woohoo:

Out and about 7 years 11 months ago #167794

Saw a nice TF - "Foxy Lady" - parked up in Ongar . Passed two TF's got one wave. Lots of classics out and about including, an E-type, Daimler Dart, TR2 (or3), and I'm pretty sure a Ford Classic Convertible.
Of course there were innumerable MX5's.

e-types well there just fantastic........love the daimler dart to......believe some were cop cars in there day..........

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT