Sign In   Register

Topic

Out and about 6 years 9 months ago #179014

As was the Hot little Sunbeam Alpine.

Sundance

Have a closer look........that's not a wee girly Alpine.......it's a mighty Sunbeam Tiger, choc full of lovely V8 goodness!

And there is nothing wrong with the Bristol's colour. Rather fond of Bristols myself.
I know where there is a barn find Bristol 401, but I can't get the idiots that own it to even consider parting with it, so it rots away under a tarp!

I can't for the life of me understand the reasoning behind people who own a classic car and just leave it to die , when there is someone who would enjoy owning it ! Unbelievable ! Keep trying you might wear them down ! ! John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Out and about 6 years 9 months ago #179020

As was the Hot little Sunbeam Alpine.

Sundance

Have a closer look........that's not a wee girly Alpine.......it's a mighty Sunbeam Tiger, choc full of lovely V8 goodness!

And there is nothing wrong with the Bristol's colour. Rather fond of Bristols myself.
I know where there is a barn find Bristol 401, but I can't get the idiots that own it to even consider parting with it, so it rots away under a tarp!

I can't for the life of me understand the reasoning behind people who own a classic car and just leave it to die , when there is someone who would enjoy owning it ! Unbelievable ! Keep trying you might wear them down ! ! John

Yes you are quite right, its a Tiger, I aint ever seen one before but its a lovely car, and as for the Bristol, I would own one in any colour.
If you think you can possibly acquire one, then wow! As john says, keep on at them!
There were also another couple of Austin healeys and a couple of older Porsches too! Oh and a nice LEF MG TF!

Sundance

Out and about 6 years 9 months ago #179023

Love that Ilam and around manifold valley run its been a favourite of mine...that rainbow picture is a good one...
Attachments:

Out and about 6 years 9 months ago #179176

Out and about today in the sunshine..day off work and driving the tf..up towards buxton for a leisurely walk around town and then dinner...on leaving buxton on the a6 I exchanged a wave with another tf trophy blue..anyone on here?..Today I was heading towards monsal head where great scenery can be viewed..fantastic views with a industrial twist..The river wye flows through the valley..the alkalinity of the wye provides a rich source of nutrients that leads to the abundance of insects,invertebrates and other wildlife.This ensures the fish grow quickly on a diet of freshwater shrimp..popular with anglers owing to the large numbers of wild brown trout,rainbow trout and grayling... The monsal trail is a disused railway line closed in 1968..The midland line..it is now a spectacular walkway for man and beast...we parked at monsal head hotel.....views of the viaduct below

All pictures and vids in this post taken by myself with my phone...forgot to do panaramic shots so the one and only picture below in panarama is a stock photo

headstone viaduct is part of the monsal trail and the monsal trail is aprox 8.5 miles long and opened in 1981
..it starts at topley pike junction in wye dale 3 miles east of buxton and runs to coombs viaduct 1 mile south of bakewell,it follows the valley of the river wye and runs parralel with the a6.

Taking the left trail out of the car park I walked some 15 minutes through woodland..then has the path descended into the valley I could here the tranquil sound of the wye.

The river wye is 15 miles in length..it is one of the major tributaries of the river derwent,which flows into the river trent and into the Humber and the north Sea.

Over a small bridge to the other side of the valley and the waterfall can be seen its stepping stones allowing you to get very close.
View from the bridge and closer pictures of the cascading water.

I made a video of the falls so you can get a feeling of being there ..being close to water like this on a hot day is brill...youtube vid below

Walking around the falls the magnificent viaduct came into view..the walk around here is fantastic.

Built in 1863 on the derby to manchester railway..The viaduct is 300feet long and has 5...50 foot span arches.It is correctly known has headstone viaduct.The raiway was built to link manchester with london...closed in 1968 by the labour minister Barbara castle

Signs on the bridge telling you don't jump...bloody no chance I'm scared of heights

Then a short rocky climb to the top of the viaduct..view from above

Walking over the viaduct you are confronted with the path back to the hotel..a steep heart beating path on the left and a fantastic railway tunnel..like the mouth of a beast headstone tunnel....This tunnel is 533 yards long

another vid here just a quick one to show inside this long tunnel.

The tunnel has a sign saying do not enter when unlit and don't touch the sides..the tunnel has a bend..you can see what looks like soot on the walls and yes it smells like a chimney..and it has a cool breeze running through while outside the air was still.

It's a long tunnel british engineering again at its best..information board says the viaduct was made in 1863..some images from the board showing the viaduct under construction..always wondered how they mated those arches together.

After exploring the tunnel I climbed the steep rocky track back to monsal head hotel...and then headed back and stopped at titesworth reservoir. .it was looking dry..showing some large muddy areas.

Can't end this post without a picture of the tf can I?

nice wheather today if you get chance to go to monsul head ...recommend getting out and about...decent footwear needed..was a bit hot to climb those steep paths in the heat...but just think of that ice cold beer at the end...well worth it......another day my mg has taken me out and about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, stevew

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Out and about 6 years 9 months ago #179243

Ok know what your saying..he's not out and about again...but yes you've got to get out and enjoy these cars..put down the polishing rag and get out and about..mixed bag of wheather today...steady drive towards leek and just coming through leek Brook spotted a steam train on a platform...yes train spotting...parked up tf and walked down small pathway and saw this black beast

Don't know much about trains..impressed with it ...the smell,the noise..the shear power and engineering of it.

The vibrations of it locomotive action could be felt through the ground..And the steam whistle was like lightning through the spine..it made you take notice...
Quick vid below..

After the train left with a cloud of smoke a trip to Rudyard lake.

Getting darker and starting to rain..past tittesworth reservoir again.

And then up to Buxton for tea..sound familiar..up here quite a lot lately..couldn't really take a picture of the roaches ..I'll have to get out sometime and explore them a bit..stock photo for now.

This shot of the rock called the winking man.

.tf reached 49000 tonight..it should reach the big 50 like me this year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, SundanceUK

Out and about 6 years 8 months ago #179610

Out and about around Burton on trent earlier this week to taste their finest at the national brewery centre..looked at old transport.,Edward ian pubs and old machinery and the like..the transport was more my thing but phone battery was down when it came to it.

Came across this ford's on tractor and was amazed how basic looking the engine was.

The scammed 3 wheeler truck was a eye opener..it had a chain system to raise the windows up and down...the chain not even cover so access was instant..maybe the mg should of had this system for a more reliable function...the weather on the day was terrential and has been hising it down since...so after my replacement of the fuel and air filter Wednesday night..this morning was just right for a out and about...local to where I work but with the absence of road signs now and again it was lost in the country time..
I went to staffs and the towards Swynnerton and Standon. .the roads to me were unknown although I'd been working around this area for donkeys years.

Car looked clean ..could see the reflections of clouds in the photos.

Back home after that very short nip out..will be out again later..I must say that I noticed a increase in performance after changing those filters..the old fuel filter looked has if it had been on a while.very pleased I took the time to replace them..id been putting it off for a while due to problems some have had obtaining the correct filter..hope the sun stays out for this afternoon because I'm out and about.

Out and about 6 years 8 months ago #179611

Out and about around Burton on trent earlier this week to taste their finest at the national brewery centre..looked at old transport.,Edward ian pubs and old machinery and the like..the transport was more my thing but phone battery was down when it came to it.

Came across this ford's on tractor and was amazed how basic looking the engine was.

The scammed 3 wheeler truck was a eye opener..it had a chain system to raise the windows up and down...the chain not even cover so access was instant..maybe the mg should of had this system for a more reliable function...the weather on the day was terrential and has been hising it down since...so after my replacement of the fuel and air filter Wednesday night..this morning was just right for a out and about...local to where I work but with the absence of road signs now and again it was lost in the country time..
I went to staffs and the towards Swynnerton and Standon. .the roads to me were unknown although I'd been working around this area for donkeys years.

Back home after that very short nip out..will be out again later..I must say that I noticed a increase in performance after changing those filters..the old fuel filter looked has if it had been on a while.very pleased I took the time to replace them..id been putting it off for a while due to problems some have had obtaining the correct filter..hope the sun stays out for this afternoon because I'm out and about.

Out and about 6 years 8 months ago #179612

Out and about 5 years 11 months ago #185357

Out and about this morning at 6.30am...roof down sun out..through stone staffs to eccleshall..

Through eccleshall past a gypsy caravan pulled by 1 horse which looked a bit tired..to wetwood ..where I turned off at the village hall...where you end up is a guessing game..

Past the lambs and the nasal scences starting to work..smell of oil seed rape...I pulled up to get a view of the yellow crop.

I turned around at this point heading back the way I came past the bluebell filled embankments.

A cock. pheasant crosses the road.

Back towards eccleshall and to a old ww2 airfield at sieghford where I stopped to take a picture of the hall as a backdrop.

Around the corner from the hall is the airfield ..driving down the long straight road with the airfield to my left I stopped to say hello to this guy...

He didn't seem put off by my slow arrival has I raised the camera to take a shot..I left him alone for a while and then went back to take some closer shots...

The dew has dried from my bodywork has the sun got hotter and that pheasant was enjoying it has much as I. .fluffing it's feathers and giving off a sqaurk..there were rabbits and squirrels dotting around..I put the camera down and hit the open road to do some mgtf roof down driving..great..innit.

Back through stone and the old Road to uttoxeter mecca...and there wasn't a mg to be seen .on departure I took the road past the jcb world parts centre where I exchanged a wave with another tf owner ...
A bigger pic of the pheasant I zoomed this evening. .
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, SundanceUK

Out and about 5 years 10 months ago #186106

Out and about today around derbyshire...Castle gresley.....spoke about it before but never been past it till now...a abandoned car dealership...where the owner just shut up shop without any notice and left a dealership full of cars in a time warp....decaying behind bars.some of the cars in my original post have gone....there were 3 cars left...and have been sitting there in my estimation for about 21 years.....a waste in one respect and a weird time warp in another....so cars left are a cavalier..maestro and a rover 800

Picture of tf with dealership in background

The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Out and about - RAF Cosford Airshow 5 years 10 months ago #186353

A great out and about this time, thanks to the Potteries and South Cheshire MG owners club, I had the opportunity to show my car with a select group of other MG enthusiasts.
Plenty of other fine cars there too and the airshow was just awesome. A few pics to whet the buds to follow, just a shame I ain't got time to show everything we saw!

First up, the club's display, some really great cars here!

Clubs sec's RV8 is a real fine car, just come back from a Euro trip and 4500 miles without a hiccup!

Always fancied an MGA, this one would do nicely!

Not a sight you see often, but a SVR is really rare, only 82 SV's on the road and this includes the rarer SVR varient. This one has the stock 390HP Ford V8, but some owners have used Nitro and superchargers to get up an insane 1000 HP out of the engines.

For those of you interested, here is the engine....

We saw this TD on my last out and about report but worth another squint...

How many of you have been pulled over in the past by one of these? Veteran jam sammies! Bring back memories of my early days dodging the local fuzz in my boy racer!

Vintage Cortinas, I think they are Mk.1's, I can vaguely remember these on the road...

A red Triumph TR6 was always a fantasy car of mine back when I was a Spitfire owner, still would love to own one now!

An airshow without a Spitfire ain't a real airshow, here is a fleet of 'em!

And now to the real thing - the flying ones!

We were treated to a display of a Dakota, Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane flying in formation. Just awesome! Sorry my smartphone does not have a zoom!

And of course the Red Arrows have to be there!

This Wessex HC2 helicopter was in one of the museum hangers, with the engine on display, wonder if it would fit in me TF?

Plenty going on around the site, like this team of vintage aircraft builders...this plane was in the process of receiving its, fuselage skin..

And I just had to jump at the chance to sit in the cockpit of this brand new F35 stealth fighter. The RAF has just taken four of these into service only last week.

A meteor, Lightning, Phantom and a Jaguar made a great sight! I built all of these from airfix kits when I was a kid!

Always loved the Harrier!

This is just a taste of the fun, I saw so many great planes, cars and sights...such as a Mini on a Landrover chassis, helicopters flying upside down, sorry no pics, and the Modern jets were spectacular, including the Eurofighter, a Mig29 and a French Rafale, Just search You tube for the vids!
In fact I managed to chat to the Polish pilot of the Mig, and complimented him on his terrific flying display, he told me that nearly all of the training is dogfighting combat flying, which was the best way to acquire the skills to fly quick, hard and evasive.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK. Reason: Additions

Out and about - RAF Cosford Airshow 5 years 10 months ago #186359

Vintage Cortinas, I think they are Mk.1's, I can vaguely remember these on the road...

Sundance

Nah! They're Mk2s
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT