Sign In   Register

Topic

Mission impossible 6 months 2 weeks ago #204429

Finally back on 4 wheels, most of the interior is back in apart from the door cards (We need new speakers) Very happy today. 😊
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mission impossible 6 months 2 weeks ago #204433

That is a remarkable transformation, you would need to know it’s recent history before you would even start to detect what has happened. It’s a credit to you; are you doing the sums or is that too dangerous an exercise?

Mission impossible 6 months 2 weeks ago #204485

Buying a good doner car has helped us to keep the rebuild cost down to a sensible level so far.

The problem with the epas is now solved, it turned out to be a silly mistake on my part when I changed the steering column.

What did I forget to do?

:coat:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted pic

Mission impossible 6 months 2 weeks ago #204488

So that’s ticked of the list & one step closer. Those moments are both infuriating & elating; hurrah & dumb bugger simultaneously.
Did you resolve the SRS light?

Please say Hello to Clayton, our 2003 TF 135 6 months 2 weeks ago #204490

I understand that TFs are very sensitive to tyres and pressures, so perhaps some experimentation with pressures would be beneficial before making adjustments with the alignment.

The technical term for the unplugged electrical connection is a high impedance air gap
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Please say Hello to Clayton, our 2003 TF 135 6 months 2 weeks ago #204491

Impedance implies AC or am I be pedantic?

Mission impossible 6 months 2 weeks ago #204496

No, I haven't sorted the srs problem yet 😕. The wiring side of this job has been my biggest concern and doing a total rewire has given me nightmares!!

Mission impossible 6 months 1 week ago #204548

I haven't had much chance to look into the problem with the srs system but...finally.

Now you see me..

Now you don't..

A bad connection on the 5amp fuse was the problem. I should have changed the harness :spank:

Lesson learned ...
Attachments:

Mission impossible 6 months 1 week ago #204551

So are all the irritants exorcised now & it’s all procedural stuff as you cruise towards MOT time?
You’ve done bloody well, a rebuild such as you have done might have been a retirements project, you’ve polished it off in less than six months or at least your first post on the subject was less than six month ago.
Can we have a full photo shoot when you’re happy with the finished job please.
M

Mission impossible 5 months 3 weeks ago #204705

Lots of little snagging jobs still to do before the dreaded m.o.t

Made up some new brackets for the front brake hoses because I wasn't happy with the p clips supplied.

Draining and refill the hydragas a couple of times because the driver side seems very stiff and has dropped a little.

My better half is working on a custom binnacle because I snapped the original in half :doh:

The cat and silencer are still from the original flooded car..:whistle:

Last edit: Post by R40MGF. Reason: Missing text

Mission impossible 5 months 3 weeks ago #204706

There's been a bit of broad based binnacle banter on here between blokes building a reputation for repairs. For a broken bit of plastic that looks like a buttock, barely a month goes by but some bugger brakes one, bringing, yet again their brittleness into the bright light of day.
Right I'll stop now.
I would be really interested in seeing your wife's reinterpretation of our plastic excrescences, if it is inline with the other work you have done, maybe one or two who have had a similar misfortune might follow suite.
M

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Mission impossible 5 months 1 week ago #204949

Quick update, the M.O.T is booked in for tomorrow morning and this evening the cat has decided to blow a hole ..

I'm still going to take her so that I can get a idea of how the rebuild has gone and what I need to do.

Unless I've totally screwed up she should be back in service for Christmas..:frosty:

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT