Sign In   Register

Topic

Mission impossible 7 months 2 weeks ago #204213

Post duplicated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Mission impossible 7 months 2 weeks ago #204214

An old scout? Be Prepared!
Baden Powell wrote “To be prepared is to be in a state of readiness in mind & body to do your duty”.
Sound about right.

Mission impossible 7 months 2 weeks ago #204218

It's been a very long day!

I dropped the engine and subframe from the doner, changed the timing belts on the new engine (I haven't done this on a vvc before so I hope I got it right 😅) then put the subframe back under the doner car.

Tomorrow will be another long day. I need to give the engine a bit of a wash and hopefully I'll be able to get everything built up and back into R40.

Mission impossible 7 months 2 weeks ago #204221

It's in! ...:woohoo:

Today I fitted a new gearbox arm and mounts, the engine arm had new bushes in a bit of a makeover. Thankfully a neighbour let me borrow a engine hoist and that made things a lot easier also the skateboard that I made for the subframe worked a treat.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

Mission impossible 7 months 2 weeks ago #204233

:clap: :woowoo:
David
:shrug:

Mission impossible 7 months 2 weeks ago #204236

That really is a sterling job you are making of it. For those who have recently joined & haven’t followed this thread, I would recommend looking at a few of the early pictures. For the disheartened on with their on going job this should be an inspiration. I’m unaware of any professionals on the ‘bar who are active at the moment; we are for the most part enthusiastic amateurs.
The results with limited facilities & tools is a credit to those “spanner jockeys “ who get stuck in.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

Mission impossible 7 months 2 weeks ago #204243

Did anyone notice that something was missing in the 3rd photo?

I got back from work today and started bolting things back on, the coolant hoses, speedo cable....airbox..err no. In my haste to get the engine back in I forgot about the resonator box :spank:
I think that I said "oh dear me, that's unfortunate "

Mission impossible 7 months 2 weeks ago #204244

It isn’t a great loss, mine was discarded when I changed the f air box for one from a 160 & I had to hack it out, you simply don’t need to include it.
M

Mission impossible 7 months 1 week ago #204251

It was bothering me so I just had to put it back in.
You do not have permissions to access this page.

Mission impossible 7 months 1 week ago #204259

I feel better now 😌
Attachments:

Mission impossible 7 months 1 week ago #204260

It looks quite pretty in the hands of someone else, for me it stood in the way of what I wanted to achieve.
The plus point is that it serves to keep road debris out of that side of the engine bay.
I had a seemingly rare fibre cover, equivalent to the louvred plastic cover of the other side which serves the purpose.
M

Mission impossible 7 months 1 week ago #204274

If everything goes to plan we should be ready to turn the key on Saturday:woohoo:

After my rewiring I should probably have the fire brigade on standby :hgf:

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT