Sign In   Register

Topic

Eagle has landed 4 months 1 week ago #205431

My wife has her workroom up stairs in which she has her equipment set up in a way that reflects the equipment in my workshop. The major difference is that it’s warm.
The drivers seat webbing in the f failed a while ago giving me an interesting driving position (in affect sat on the floor). I took it out & started its restoration & even with the heater at full chat I was still perished.
Having ingratiated myself to my wife I persuaded her to allow her frozen husband access to her space & it was wonderful. Apart from running up & down stairs to collect forgotten tools I found myself drawing the job out. Some clips arrive tomorrow & then I’ll have to finish & get it back in the car. Bugger.
M

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Eagle has landed 4 months 5 days ago #205461

I`ve started to build the "TENT" Have to order more slats ten the plastic sheeting,when I know how much I need It will be approx 8ft wide then I can slide the tent across to do the other side The remaining plastic will be clear of course, to let in light but I had this black sheet spare Len
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Eagle has landed 4 months 4 days ago #205471

Frame can be slid across,to do the N/S

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pic inserted

Eagle has landed 4 months 4 days ago #205478

That looks good.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Eagle has landed 3 months 3 weeks ago #205537

Morning finally finished building the "TENT" .May just as well wait until the weather gets warmer to save trying to raise the temp in the tent too much Once Ive finished the O/S I can slide the tent across to do the N/S The advantage with a tent is that it takes a smaller area area to heat ,and it stops overspray covering everything in the garage Also fitted a sliding door for entry Len
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted pic

Eagle has landed 3 months 3 weeks ago #205538

Thats a great solution Len. Especially like the idea of the sliding door
2003 TF 135 sunstorm
The following user(s) said Thank You: digcot65

Eagle has landed 3 months 2 weeks ago #205603

Hello hope everyone has recovered after Christmas .I thought I would give the "TENT" a try out this morning,the temp was about 47 so I left the fan heat on for an hour any it had crept up to a comfortable 60.So I watered the floordown,to keep the dust away and gave the front and rear wings about three coats of U/C and it`s come out fine I wait a bit longer with the heat on ,when I spray yhe base coat to make sure the panels have warmed up enough .If when Ive finished the wings dont match up to the door, I can spray that as well. Doing it the way I did is easier ,then doing the whole side at one go Can sit back and wait until outside temp rises a bit more Len

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pics inserted

Eagle has landed 3 months 2 weeks ago #205606

Anything that prevents access to the lawn mower would be a good thing!

My wife cuts the grass, I even built a shed for her to keep it in.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Eagle has landed 3 months 2 weeks ago #205613

I said to my wife,just building a tent the temperature can rise on its own so much Len

Eagle has landed 3 months 2 weeks ago #205615

Its surprising it makes that much difference. Is that with just a single fan heater in the tent ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Eagle has landed 3 months 2 weeks ago #205616

Hello yes a little 2 kw blow heater which I switch off when spraying as it can blow any dust about As I said it was only an hour but the tent isnt too big and your only heating the air that`s in there since most of the volume it taken by the car When I spray the base coat and lacquer I`ll make sure the body surface has warmed up as well So I`ll leave it until the outside temp is approaching 50 Ideal when its coll and dampfree outside as cold air is dryer than warm air. Damp is the biggest problem spraying is a no no .If you try, then the surface goes milky which is a load of trouble Im still working on cars as it took some time to get the spraying right ,so it seemed a shame not to use what I learnt Next base coat and the lacquer to give it the gloss Len

Eagle has landed 3 months 2 weeks ago #205652

Morning I went into the garage again yesterday ,to see about spraying but it was too cold out side .I got the temp to 60 but once I turned the heater off you could see the temp dropping So have to bide my time and wait for warmer weather Len

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT