Sign In   Register

Topic

Eagle has landed 6 months 1 day ago #204880

Hello the front calipers are 2 pot as shown Len

I cant make out the calipers from the photos. 2 pot calipers wouldnt have been a factory option at the time, only the standard single pot sliding calipers or the optional AP Racing 4 pots.

2 pot APs came along later so if you do have 2 pot calipers they would either be aftermarket additions or have been transplanted from a later TF.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Eagle has landed 6 months 19 hours ago #204891

Hello Ill take the pads out to check them and I can see the pots then Len

Eagle has landed 5 months 3 weeks ago #204972

Havent been able to check calipers I have this awful bug thats going around and its laid me out .Severe coughing temp and loss of appetite.So the car is way down the list of to do jobs Before I went down wih it I was offered a superb rear screen,from Chris Silk ,which was a bargain So when Im back on my feet,something to look forward in replacing Len

Eagle has landed 5 months 3 weeks ago #204974

Get well soon Len
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Eagle has landed 5 months 3 weeks ago #204987

Hello now I have a superb rear screen to fit when I feel better,what is the normal procedure to replace the rear screen Len

Eagle has landed 5 months 3 weeks ago #204988

To change it you will need to drill out the rivets that hold the bottom of the screen to the rear hood bow. You will see most of them but not all- the outermost rivets are covered at each side by the fabric of the fixed parts of the hood, You will need to drill out some of those rivets too before you can get at the last ones that are holding the screen in place.

The zip should be straightforward. It is actually made like a coat or sleeping bag zip to allow the end to pull out - but when the hood is made the end of the zip is stapled to prevent it being pulled out
To change the hood just remove the cross staple (it may not be obvious what it is at first sight as it's covered with a small square of fabric) use a small screwdriver to prize the legs of the staple out.
Pull the zipper right to the end now and it will separate (just like a coat zip).
Now put that into the one on the new hood. Its best to then reinstate the staple to prevent it seperating in use when you dont want it to - no fun trying to marry up the two parts of the zip when its dark and raining , leaning over from the driver’s seat.

You will need to check the rivet size for refitting the bottom of the screen to the bow.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Eagle has landed 5 months 3 weeks ago #205002

The diameter of those rivets is either 3mm or 3.2mm. Either will be fine
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Eagle has landed 5 months 2 weeks ago #205050

Morning,what with the extreme cold and the fact I havent got over the bug yet ,the car is resting it the garage .I bought it as a project to work on when I felt like it, but didnt think this decision would be made so soon .But there is all spring yet ,still i Ill keep warm in the house .It doesnt help that we live quite high up and there is a difference in the weather as compared to lower lying areas Len

Eagle has landed 5 months 2 weeks ago #205052

Oh I know, we live on the thousand foot contour. I needed to turn the garage into a wood workshop to prep wood for a second garage rebuild, so the MG is in the garden, under its cover but with six inches of snow on that. Such an inconsiderate thing to do to a car which has been kept undercover for the past ten years.
Drop down out of the village & by the time you’ve gone over the motorway it’s clear.
M

Eagle has landed 5 months 2 weeks ago #205059

The consolation is that steel corrodes much quicker in a warm garage than outside in the cold, I console myself with that every time I have gone out to work on my MGB. Although it's in the garage, our ever helpful planning officer ensured that it couldn't have doors and with the low temperatures for the last few days I didn't venture out very much.

Eagle has landed 5 months 2 weeks ago #205060

Ah planning officers, had one sniffing about here the other day, some nosey neighbour decided to report me for running a car repair business from home, I pointed out that it must be a pretty shit car repair business with all the same cars still here that I moved in with, and no hoist ( what you lot in Pomgolia quaintly call a ramp)
She left with a cheery “that’s fine, nothing to worry about then”
Stupid neighbours should’ve saved everyone some trouble and just asked me!
Now I’ll enjoy it if any of them have car trouble, so I can say “ Well I could easily fix that for you, but for the fact that someone decided the best course of action was to complain to the council and now I couldn’t possibly break the council planning rules! “

I’ve gotten around planning by 1st erecting a structure, such as a carport which doesn’t need approval, the one by one gradually adding “fences” actually walls, the one day a gate appears on the front, in the from of a roller door!

My Dad once built several warehouses on a site he owned without planning, one day a planning officer showed up wanting to know why none of the buildings appeared on any plans……..quick as a flash, Dad said “ didn’t you blokes have a fire at the council building some years ago?”
The planner replied “yes they did”
Dad said “Well that solves that mystery then” and left the planning officer gaping open mouthed with a bewildered look on his face
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Volcano

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Eagle has landed 5 months 2 weeks ago #205061

The second garage alluded to earlier is on a council designated garage plot with a number of garages in various stages of dilapidation, they provide the concrete base & the rest is up to you providing you don’t stray off your plot.
Normally a garage would require two sided & back with the doors being the front. We only need to replace one side as the second side is provided by the next garage along which extends way outside of its designated plot in all directions.
The erector of this monster was related to the planning officer, as was the bloke who dropped a Luton van body on one plot. A bylaw says that this illegal.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT