Sign In   Register

Topic

Eagle has landed 4 months 1 week ago #205386

Metallic silver as well, everything is against you. I’ve sprayed rattle can metallic silver earlier on but on to ABS plastic but I had it in front of the fire for quarter of an hour & dried it under an infrared lamp, used primarily for soothing various stiff joints or that’s what I told my wife. “It’s a bit industrial” she said “And why was it supplied by Coachwork Paint Supplies?” “It’s a better frequency than the domestic ones”. To which she replied “Bollocks”.
M

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Eagle has landed 4 months 1 week ago #205389

I have the idea that the Missus has you well and truly sussed
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Eagle has landed 4 months 1 week ago #205393

Cost / benefit analysis was equated fifty years ago & the outcome of that equation hasn’t changed. I always think that I’ve pulled the wool over her eyes & have got one up, when in actual fact she’s fed out just enough line to kid me into thinking I’ve sneaked whatever it is past & without any suggestion of skulduggery. And we both win.
M

Eagle has landed 4 months 1 week ago #205395

I struggled to even get a very rough primer coat on the side of my MGB the other day in this temperature. In my case it didnt matter how it looked as it is only there to protect the bare metal against oxidisation until spring.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Eagle has landed 4 months 1 week ago #205397

You should sand that primer away and re primer before you spray on the topcoat.
Primer is porous and surface rust can form and hide underneath, it’s still better than nothing.

Eagle has landed 4 months 1 week ago #205398

Will do. Its just there to temporarily cover each panel as I work round stripping them back to bare metal, pulling out dents and any small weld repairs. Once the weather improves I'll start working round it on the next stage, taking off the temporary primer, filling the low points and repriming properly with 2k.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Eagle has landed 4 months 1 week ago #205412

You can always brush on Phosphoric acid to keep the rust at bay for a few months will also kill any rust left there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

Eagle has landed 4 months 1 week ago #205419

l have a few other jobs to do on the TF but since its all jacked up to spray the side and the wheels are off, I may as well be wait until its warm enough to spray There are a few months left before spring to take it out .The last car I sprayed a pre war rover 12 ,I built a" tent" in the garage to have a clean area and to heat easily .This was ideal but a lot of trouble to build and my wife moaned it was awkward to get to the freezer and the mower !!! .Len
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Eagle has landed 4 months 1 week ago #205420

That’s brilliant, I’ve rebuilt Land Rovers in gazebos but never thought of using it as a spray booth, mind you when you have got to the end of a rebuild like that & painting being one of the last jobs the gazebo was only fit for the bin.
I’m also inspired by your Rover 12 rebuild, I well remember my dad doing his 12 in the lockup behind our house, with a mains lead running down the back. Mum made & stitched in a new head lining, I wander if it’s still extant GTJ 757, I’ll look it up on DVLA site. A family man’s Alvis.
M

Eagle has landed 4 months 1 week ago #205424

l have a few other jobs to do on the TF but since its all jacked up to spray the side and the wheels are off, I may as well be wait until its warm enough to spray There are a few months left before spring to take it out .The last car I sprayed a pre war rover 12 ,I built a" tent" in the garage to have a clean area and to heat easily .This was ideal but a lot of trouble to build and my wife moaned it was awkward to get to the freezer and the mower !!! .Len

Anything that prevents access to the lawn mower would be a good thing!

I once knew a bloke who rebuilt a MG TC in the living room, where it was nice and warm.
He carried all the components such as the chassis, panels, engine etc in through the door. Once the car was finished he got it out by simply cut away a section of weatherboard wall and knocking up a ramp to roll the car out. Then stuck the section of wall back up! ……….. Did I mention that he wasn’t married?………. Ifhe was when he started the project, he wouldn’t have been when he finished!

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Eagle has landed 4 months 6 days ago #205427

That pre war Rover looks a splendid thing.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Eagle has landed 4 months 6 days ago #205429

Ive been thinking and its likely to be April before the weather gets warm enough to spray. Ive had a look at the side of my garage and there is still quite a bit of wood left,for the frame work I still have some plastic sheet left .so I`m going to build another "TENT" in the garage My wife isnt over the moon ,but Ive promised she can get to the freezers if needed So Ill post photos as it goes Len

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT