Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 2 months ago #176425

You should get your bro to make more and sell them on here! They look great quality.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 2 months ago #176430

I'll ask him. I don't think that he'll bite but you never know.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 2 months ago #176431

I'll ask him. I don't think that he'll bite but you never know.

I would think they'd sell easily at about £20-25 based on the prices of other commercially available brackets
Robin ;)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 2 months ago #176432

Cleared out the garage :woohoo:

First time a car's been in there for about 20 years I think. It had to be done because we're replacing the garage door so I finally get the chance to set my workshop up - something I've been promising myself since I retired nearly four years ago.

Robin ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 1 month ago #176470

I've just fitted new heater knobs.

I had the Satur knobs fitted and they work well except it's not always easy to see where they are set (indicated by the hole - invisible at night and 'feeling' doesn't help either).

I decided to try the new knobs marketed by the MGOC that look more 'OEM' and should be easy to see or feel the setting.

This is how they look fitted:

This is the MGOC knob (left) compared with the Satur knob:

However, the method of fixing is somewhat different. Satur uses a built-in spring clip as per the OEM. They are super grippy (and very hard to remove):

The MGOC knobs are round and rely on a grub screw to tighten on the flat bit of the spindle. The grub screw is in the right place so that the knob when fitted does point correctly:

To fit them I wound the grub screw in with loctite then kept trying them and winding-out the grub screw until the knob just slipped on (if anyone knows of a way to access them when fitted to finally tighten them please enlighten me).There are pros & cons with this fixing method. A pro I suppose is that it is much easier to remove the knobs. The con is that there is a bit of play when fitted. You don't notice it when using the knob but you can wiggle it a bit when stationary. So I think 8/10.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Last edit: Post by Blow-in. Reason: typo

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 1 month ago #176499

Renovo'd my Tf's roof today but unfortunately it decided to rain (not forcast) as I was putting on the proofing coat. So a rush to find a plastic sheet and dropped in my trusty fan heater in the cockpit to help force it dry from the inside.
Also this time I decided to mask around the roof and tops of the doors and windscreen to prevent the little black splashes of dye from settling on the paintwork and windows. Last year I spent more time cleaning off the splashes than it took to do the roof!

Also renovated a spare set of front and rear brakes ready to put on the car as and when I feel the need to swap them over because they have begun to look too jaded with time and road use.

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 1 month ago #176571

I also have Renovo'd the roof and managed to keep the paintwork and glass free of splashes. Polythene sheeting definitely does help! Also got an MOT!! Woo hoo.Summer here we come!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 1 month ago #176748

Purchased a solar charger/ maintainer for my TF as I will be unable to drive for around 3 months due to surgery to repair my left hand, thought id be able to take the easy option plugging directly into the cigarette lighter but this has to be live when the ignition is off which is not the case with the TF.
Packed up and went back indoors feeling rather sorry for myself where my wife said come on you show me what to do, so out we went mounted the solar panel to side gates connected the extension cable I had purchased to discover its till would not reach to the battery.
Packed up went back indoors feeling rather frustrated at not being able to complete a relatively simple task (with 2 hands) when I remembered that their was a main feed in the engine bay the one with fuse on the bulkhead.
Ok I thought ill have a go in the morning no said the other half we will do it now, so out we went removed the grille from the engine compartment located the main fuse connected the live feed then the earth secured the flying lead with cable ties plugged in the solar panel charging at 1.5 amps.
Thanks to the better half,:clap:
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, cairnsys

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 1 month ago #176749

Put a cable in from the expansion tank to just below the instrument cluster ready for when I fit my new level sensor (see alternative level sensor thread) had a bash at fitting my remote boot unlock solenoid, but was not happy with how the link rod connects to the catch, so I am going to come up with a better solution, so that's been shelved for the short term. Just a quick note, the catch lever is well 'ard and there is no way to drill them, must be manganese or something similar because even cobalt tipped drills will not touch them.

Finally thought the weather was to nice to keep working on the car, so washed it dropped the roof and put the tonneau cover on and went for a run..

Found out my tonneau has the dreaded foam worm! dust everywhere when I took it of just, so may have to get the spare out of mothballs!

Sundance

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 1 month ago #176755

Hard top came off my TF yesterday, went into storage bag and put away until October.

First "top down" run of the year ...... very enjoyable.

Next will be buying and fitting a glass rear screen to replace the slightly cloudy vinyl, and renewing the foam strip around the base of the roof.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 1 month ago #176786

Fixed my shaky rear heated window. Been like that since i fitted the new hood 2 years ago :spank: Next it was the tinted wind deflector ( 5 min job ) which was followed by the hood being cleaned, it now looks like new. That was Saturday. Sunday was nice sunny day so it was hood down, for the first time this year, and up the M9 over the Forth Road Bridge and into Fife. Drove along the coast road stopping off at Dalgety Bay, Aberdour and then on to Burntisland. What a wonderful day and a wonderful drive. Note to self put the Factor 50 in the glove box and you wont end up with a burnt baldy napper :( Second note to self take some pictures next time :doh:

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 1 month ago #176882

Tested my rad fans out today....they no workee!
So took the connector off the temp sensor in the engine bay and they fired up, so looks like I have to replace my sensor.
No wonder I have never heard them kick in during the two years I have owned the car!

Sundance

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT