Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 1 week ago #177394

And as a final insult -

I snatched a few minutes after the rain stopped and started fitting the hubs back on the car - the thread on the top bearing on one side is damaged and there is no allan key recess to stop the bearing turning so there is no chance of getting the bolt done up, I guess I'll be getting some new ones of them too.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 days ago #177433

Whoo-hoo!
MOT pass with no advisories. Its a great feeling that all of your hard work has paid out...and you have to admit, our cars can be high maintenance, especially if you use them daily!

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 5 days ago #177436

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
I replaced the ECU coolant temp sensor in the hope of curing the almost constant running rad fan. Also found the wire to the temp gauge plug hanging on by one strand, so renewed that too.
I noticed that the engine bay fan wasn't connected either! Reconnected that and tested it. Working fine!:yesnod:

I've also noticed the fuel consumption figure has dropped to around 33.5 per gallon , so I'm hopeful that the new temp sensor will see that figure improve.:pop:
David
:shrug:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 4 days ago #177459

Those seats look fantastic .
The following user(s) said Thank You: glennrover1960

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 4 days ago #177463

spent 4 hours polishing ..followed by a nice driveout in the country......bought some waxoyl for the underside which i will apply at a later date.oh yes and I've been messing about looking at the torque ap. .Mrs giving me strange looks as my phone talks about how the engine has reached working temperature. .her head shaking has we walk away from the car and that same voice says disconnected from obd..
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 1 day ago #177530

At last found time to remove the plastic manifold and prepare to fit an alloy one. Found the cause of the elusive water leak - gasket as expected. One problem is the wiring loom is different and I'll have to use the 135 injectors in the 115 engine - any issues with this??
X-power exhaust tomorrow, a rear brake checkover and new gearbox linkages.
The things we do to keep a daughter happy!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 16 hours ago #177534

i take it you mean mine !!! When you have the correct stuff to do it, they come up lovely. Any colour leather can be done too, 2nd time ive done a set, happy with this set though. Will be going in my LEF this week, hope they look ok in it lol .

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 16 hours ago #177535

ps.........seats not too bad, 50 quid off gumtree !

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 14 hours ago #177537

Aren't both manifolds off MEMS 3 cars?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 12 hours ago #177539

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Under the 135 injectors on my 118 mpi without issue. :shrug:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian S3

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 2 hours ago #177550

ps.........seats not too bad, 50 quid off gumtree !

Hey up Glenn, what are you doing with your old seats, mate, are they in good nick, cant remember what they were like when I saw your car, but my mate Andy who is in Rocester may be after a set. His cloth seats have seen better days.

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 30 minutes ago #177552

So Mrs TC is at her mothers for the Spanish Mothers day (1st Sunday of May) for the weekend - normally when she goes down to Bilbao I try to surprise her with the unexpected results of some DIY - when my son offered to help me today I took the opportunity to shift 2 cubic meters off the lawn as the start of decking over the patio and part of the lawn, I dug and he carted the soil in two buckets through the house to the front and into bulk bags ready for me to collect with my hiab truck tomorrow, all in between the BTCC races - Mr TC though the decking could sit on the grass.....

Anyway, enough of today - yesterdays fun was on the F - I started replacing the top ball joint on the hub on the nearside, not having a 46mm socket or spanner I used a small drift to tap the old one round to loosen and then did the same to fit the new one. I then refitted the steering arm to the hub and replaced the track rod end. I then took the small lip off the edge of the brake disc and brushed the rest of it before refitting (remember I was going to replace), finally the brake caliper went back on.

This all went well so I moved onto the off side, the top hub bearing came off and went on with no issues
until
I went to fit the nut - being a cheap skate I had bought the joints only, not the kit, as I planned to reuse the old nuts, however when I took the TF hubs off the TF subframe I had to cut one of the nuts off as it had seized, not a problem as I had the 2 nuts from the F hubs which were the hubs going onto the TF subframe (half the mileage of the TF hubs and with ABS rings), however the thread on the TF ball joints and the new ball joints is more coarse than the thread of the old F ball joints - the result is one nut for two ball joints.

Okay, a bit frustrating, lets move on to the track rod end - would the lock nut come undone - would it F*#%!
Oh well, at least one side was done.

I did consider having another go tonight
except
there are two cubic meters of top soil in the way.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT