Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178559

Bought and fitted some new cantrial seals from mgobsession

Oooh . ...how much how much?

the new seals were £65......................

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178582

Had LE 500 shocks and springs fitted and passed the Cyprus MOT. So cleared for another 2 years of motoring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178585

I stuck the front O/S wheel on with one nut and no disc, and slid the spare under the car.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178587

I fitted my Jakabi Design dash box.
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178588

Thank you for sharing that, its a really neat job you have done there, I wouldn't mind fitting one myself if you would advise where to get the pocket?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178589

Been really busy these last few weeks with work; so hoping things quieten down a little as I need to get on with some work on the house and my MG,s
I have found that it pays to appease the wife with doing little projects around the house as it earns me brownie points so I can work on the cars.
Which brings me to this,...after retrieving my road map from the back of the passenger seat and discovering it was wet at the bottom, I realised that I have a problem that most of us MG owners seem to have at some point which is a water leak.
Coolant seems ok, so today I'm going to strip the seats out and the carpets to source the leak, once the Torx set arrives that is, nice day for it though!
One of my neighbours walked past the front of the house and asked why I had three MG,s, and I was temporarily struck dumb as I didn't have an answer for him. Mind you he drives a new BMW, so he wouldn't understand anyway.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178590

You can order from Paul Goldsmith at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. They cost £32.90 inclusive of delivery by Royal Mail 2nd class. You do need to remove a bracket on the cross bar behind the dash. I could post a 'how-to' but not at the moment as I'm in a rush.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keymaster

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178591

One of my neighbours walked past the front of the house and asked why I had three MG,s

The obvious answer is :Cos it's six times better than only having one BMW! :bust:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178596

I sprayed the first colour coat on my alloy MGF hardtop.
Of course this showed every imperfection in what I thought was a flawless prep job. :bang:
This led to lots more filling and sanding. A wet sanding and it will be ready for paint again (I hope!)
I`ve had enough of bodywork for now so this weekend`s project will be replacing the intake manifold on my
V6 Freelander.
MG paint next weekend. :woo2:

Last edit: Post by Rich in Vancouver.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178627

I've had a few questions about the fitting of the dash box. Here is a brief 'how-to':

First, I remove the glove box (4 screws, 4 wires).

Then the air bag blank and padding which pops out in to the cab.

Its a good idea to also remove the metal bracket that the air bag blank fits in to and you will need to bend this to make a friction fit on the box and it's easier to be more accurate with it out of the car.

I then removed the support bracket for the EPAS ECU. This gave me access to the 2 welded brackets and I removed those by splitting them with a dremel cutting disc then working each half to & fro with mole grips until the welds gave up.

After that I filed the welds reasonably smooth and hammerited the whole area.

The ECU was put back on the spigit at the front end and secured to the cross tube with good old cable ties. I bent the bracket that the air bag blank had used until the dash box was a snug fit.

After that it was reassembly - bracket, dash box, glove box.

I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, cairnsys, SundanceUK

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178735

Serviced it and replaced intake manifold gasket.
Discovered oil leak... Think it's the cam ladder but could be the cover gasket.

Also made a rough and ready air duct to go in the bumper, it's not as comprehensive as planned but removes the line of sight through the grill to under the car. Will try and carry out testing to see if there's any difference. Lost my rivets and also my pack of small bolts so it's not complete yet.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Maddog1950.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178744

Also did a full service and cleaned out the engine bay a bit. I know you cannot see the engine much, but at least I know its done!
I replaced the two HT leads as they showed signs of deterioration and with the new plugs, the difference was amazing. More power, quicker response and a more stable tickover

Sundance

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT