Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 9 months ago #179303

True, glass doesn't flex too well!
The plan is to fit a gasket around the edge of the glass similar to the one on the metal panel and retain it with Z-clips screwed into threaded inserts in the deck. It wouldn't be rigidly attached to the deck and the gasket would have some give to absorb any flexing. The gasket would also help protect the exposed edge of the laminated glass from the heat.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 8 months ago #179389

Put my new Heyner wheel bag on my spare, don't think it looks too bad actually, and also painted up a spare set of boot finishers and petrol cap ring in a nice black to match the rest of my monochromic theme of my TF.
Thanks BTW to Darren at Bitz for the spare parts at a most reasonable price.
Here are the piccies....

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 8 months ago #179392

The cap looks good . I polished mine as in the 'How To's ' but the lacquer has allowed the polished ring to go dull . Might try again when the car is hibernating this winter .

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 8 months ago #179468

Removed the right hand engine mount to replace the bush.
Also trying to get the exhaust off, managed to break two sockets so far and only managed to get one of three nuts off where the catalyst attaches to downpipe.
Are the exhaust nuts an imperial size or has wear and rounding affected them? 15mm is a bit loose and 14mm doesn't seem to go on.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 8 months ago #179469

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • Away
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
They are metric but corrode badly.

Most end up using an angle grinder...
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maddog1950

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 8 months ago #179471

Collecting my mgf

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 8 months ago #179490

I put a new rear wheel hub on the offside yesterday.
Trickier than the nearside as I could not undo the 32mm bolt that holds the driveshaft in the bearing.
It finally shifted after borrowing a heavy duty De-Walt impact gun off a mate, I have so gotta get one of those!
The other main issue I was used to, being that the ABS sensor bolt was seized and un-screwable....they all are!
Fortunately I was prepared for this and bought a spare from Bitz beforehand as I had a good idea that it may be a problem.
After grinding off the bolt head and popping the resin bracket.......

And repairing the locating peg on the bracket by threading a 5mm hole and inserting a small stud, the ABS sensor was good to go back on the new hub with a stainless steel hex headed bolt.

It all went together pretty good after that, now all four hubs are replaced, so I have four new wheel bearings and four new upper ball joints, so should last a while...

I did notice that the rear track control joints were getting a bit sloppy, so that will probably be my next job, possibly before next years MOT.

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 8 months ago #179508

Not a lot happening here with any of my cars.

We've done 35 sq metres of decking (removed 5 cubic metres of soil in buckets as we can't get a wheel barrow through the house, craned foundation materials, the timber and a hot tub over next doors garden, laid 88 concrete blocks as foundation for the tub, run cable for the tub and garden sockets and lighting under the floors through the house) and generally been busy on this project.

The ZS has just got a MOT, I elected to pay the garage to replace the knackered CV joint, and the other one while they were at it, for the MOT, they managed to find some welding (not surprised TBH as it's a common spot on the ZS).

I've been on the TF subframe in the VVC for quite a while (since January) but it took a pause at the start of May due to the above decking. As I'm feed up seeing it up on axle stands I decided today would see the front end finished and on her wheels again - 2 slight problems, thunder showers and my back playing up and managed all of a coat of hammertie on the anti roll bar, and to get it fitted, split the air dam and fit the metal part.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 8 months ago #179518

messing with interiors
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 8 months ago #179519

and this one...........
Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 8 months ago #179524

Got my Hydragas regassed Friday, picked up Saturday and have been driving around all weekend enjoying the return of the suspension system! (Does enjoying the ride qualify as 'doing on your MG' I wonder?).

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Last edit: Post by MikeC. Reason: delete duplicate photos!

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 8 months ago #179537

Don't use the cigar lighter on my tf because I don't smoke....so it's soul use is to charge my phone...out the other week and my phone went flat even though it was plugged in....looking inside it wasn't clean..so I bought a new one....

The lighter was identical apart from the illumination ring...the new lighter had 2 wires from the bulb and my original had just one spade..not wanting to mess about to much so I swapped the illumination ring for the original...and popped it back in...job took less than 10 minutes...

Now lovely and clean in there and working well.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT