Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178746

Fixed the non functioning central locking finally.

Go on, ask me how I did it.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178747

Cleaned the car, purchased some new mats from mgf mania, took the car for its mot, and, YES, it passed, no advisories!!

David

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178752

Fixed the non functioning central locking finally.

Go on, ask me how I did it.

Go on.......I will bite B)

How did you do it? :pinch:

Last edit: Post by G0RSQ.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178753

Absolutely NO idea!!

Took the door card off, unplugged the loom and tested it for continuity, no faults with the wires.

Plugged it all back in and tested it and it works fine, even double locks which it never did before.

Totally puzzling!

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178815

Gave the TF a clean with Wow Shine, the waterless cleaner that Lee Pudney recommended to me. It really does work, and the paintwork, bumpers plastic trim and interior all came up like mint!
Even the wheels and glass had a wipe with it.
Its just the job if you are away from home and want to keep the motor looking bang tidy!

Sundance

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178826

Changed my cubby box lids for leather covered ones (£20 + p&p). I'd not seen the leather ones before last Tuesday but once I'd seen them, I had to have them!

Before

After

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alans835

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178845

Well this week i say bye bye. For the last 11 years i have owned several MG's the most recent being my MGB GT (project) and my 80th anniversary MGTF. I sold the GT a few months ago and decided to sell the TF also but couldn't bring myself to part with it until now. Unfortunately i just don't seem to find the time anymore to go and enjoy it so last week up for sale it went. A few phone calls later and a nice chap from Aberdeen called a price was agreed and a deposit taken. Saturday afternoon he came and collected the car probably the 2 easiest no hassle sales i have ever had. Especially the TF as i was offshore for the whole thing my poor wife had to deal with it all which just means i will never see a penny haha! So for now its cheerio no doubt i will be back with another MG some day but for now ill have to be boring. Wishing use all the best. P.S im not looking forward to getting home to see my garage empty. :-( :coat:
Thanks

Alan

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178846

Some one got a nice car Alan. Sorry it's gone. Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alans835

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178882

The hood on my TF had holes in it from the frame scissors, was very scruffy and had places where the light seeped through. I have fitted a new hood with glass rear window from MGF Mania. I made a couple of calls to Peter Jones for advice but basically, it's not such a hard job. The 3 hr job took me most of the weekend but it looks great! Really pleased with it! B)

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178883

Very good - and even better than my attempt
The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceTF135

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 10 months ago #178887

What have I been doing this week? Well not much on the Mgs; the f is awaiting time & fair weather & the tf is running beautiful, however the irritation has been with the Land Rover & the problems could easily apply to any of our cars. She always starts on the first half revolution, however lately it's been a grind. Going around with the meter found the output from the alternator to be low, so I charged the battery whilst fitting a new regulator & got the volts back to normal. Little better though, so it was starter off & stripped only to find a brush burned out but there was only a slight improvement with a recon' fitted.
And then I cleaned & nipped up the corroded negative to the engine block- - - - - . I remember telling my son to check for faulty earths first whilst fiddling with car electrics. Idiot, start with the cold end & work towards the hot!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 6 years 9 months ago #178965

Got fed up with the scrapey noise from my drivers side rear disc - so changed the upper balljoint (cause it was loose after a very short time!), and the discs/pads both sides. While it was all off I decided to fit the lower arm inner poly bushes I bought more than a year ago, plus the anti-roll bar bushes:

While I had the lower arm off fitting the inner bushes I gave it a good clean and a few coats of industrial yellow!

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT