Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172380

A sunny morning here in Bucks. So hood down, heater on and a 30ish mile run. Wonderful.

Sent from my DAGGER DG550 using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172381

Ironed out the twisted label on my coolant header tank. Its nice and flat now! ;)

Sundance

Think I should have tried that with my original label but I though , no I'll get a nice new one via 'The Bay of E ' , only to find that it broke in two like a Ryvita ! Couldn't stand the heat I suppose . : :nonod:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172383

Ironed out the twisted label on my coolant header tank. Its nice and flat now! ;)

Sundance

Think I should have tried that with my original label but I though , no I'll get a nice new one via 'The Bay of E ' , only to find that it broke in two like a Ryvita ! Couldn't stand the heat I suppose . : :nonod:

I made a new one by scanning the original, recolouring it, then I printed it on a colour laser and laminated it... worked a treat.

Attachments:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172384

Sundance

I made a new one by scanning the original, recolouring it, then I printed it on a colour laser and laminated it... worked a treat. Clever, :clap:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172404

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
I just threw mine away. ;) :bust:
David
:shrug:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172407

Finished the repairs and refitted wheels with their lovely new Toyos. Then went for a nice drive and home via the pub. Roof down. Beautiful day. Wonderful. :woohoo:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172413

Decided to revamp my coolant label has it had a slight curl......just put it through the laminator......came out ok :broon:

By the way i replaced the original one some time ago......the one in the picture is a genuine mgrover replacement,genuine part......and after a short while they curl like shirley temples hair......see how i go on with it now.... :beer:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172429

At least the coolant label is available for your car, the very early black coolant label on a 95 F is nla.
Mark
95 MGF

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172431

Not actually today, because it's taken a while to get my act together.

But just over a week ago we did the Club Rallye as part of the Charente MG Owners Club at the Circuits des Remparts in Angouleme. A great day-long 180km run through the Charente countryside with plenty of interesting cars, lots of hooting and waving and a great atmosphere.

It was the first outing with the Go-pro type camera mounted on the T-bar so we were never sure whether or not it was recording and so missed some interesting bits - including mounting the podium at the finish in the centre of the lovely old hill-top town and being interviewed live in front of an enthusiastic crowd! That's our friends' MGF in front of us for most of the moving shots.

Hopefully this is a link to a little video of the day

Edit- should have said that the club encourages us to dress as 'Gentleman Drivers-' - hence the bow ties and straw hats, not our normal atire!
What's that black canvas thing behind the seats for?
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, COMMANDER

Last edit: Post by FrenchTF.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172436

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
:clap: Fantastic! :woohoo:
Loved the entire video! :yesnod:
And as the smaller French rally that we took part in a couple of years ago, along with Roger (Forester), the food and drinks stops were of equal or even higher priority than the driving, ;)
David
:shrug:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172438

Was staying at Mikes wonderful Gite that week, but had to leave the morning he headed off to the rally :bang:

Sickening to see such great weather, as at the same time we were heading towards Calais through torrential rain (at Rouen) with speeds down to 20mph due to viability :nonod:

Even managed to spin the TF about 50 mins from Calais on slippery roundabout, ending up in a ditch :hgf:

Would love to have been able to stay a little longer to see the street racing, maybe next time?

Really proves that Mikes Gite is located in a "subcontinent" of its own, with its own micro-climate!

We had a wonderful time with our stay, and Mike and his wife, really went out of their way to make us welcome, and I can not recommend Mikes Gite enough for anyone wanting a driving holiday in one of the most unspoiled parts of France I have come across.

Completed a total of 2000 miles in the TF, and apart from the spin, it never missed a beat.

This was a £700 ebay impulse purchase (after a glass of wine or two) that has had a little care and attention to fix the minor faults. Who says TF's are unreliable.

Peter

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172447

Starting the hunt for the elusive coolant leak on daughters tf115. I've always had a gut feeling that there may be a problem since we got the car. But after 5k miles the nagging doubt has resulted in about 12mm drop in level but only after a 100mile run at motorway speeds, normal town driving no loss.
My monies on the inlet manifold or water pump.
Head gasket was replaced along with the latest design oil raill by a reputable MG garage in the Oxford area so hopefully I can rule that out.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT