Sign In   Register

Topic

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 8 months ago #171789

has earlier shown in this thread,i made a gear puller for removing hgv fuel pump gears...but i soon realised my little puller had many uses...i used it for removing my tf discs........the puller itself is just a thick piece of flat steel with a io mm threaded bolt in the center.........i have slots in it to accept m8 pins...but this was for use has agear puller.......by removing the calipers and sliding my homemade tool behind the disc.....i tightend the bolt till it nearly touched the disc........if your reusing the discs to prevent damage to the disc surface i inserted a metal shim between bolt and disc.......this made light work of the removal......im talking seconds to remove and those discs were solid

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, SundanceUK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 8 months ago #171801

well this week i made some skates so me and the tf can go skating......mot shortly and ive replaced a rear upper balljoint and have one more to do.......maximum space in the garage is a must have.........so moving the tf has close to the wall has i can gives me maximum space in the garage........id obtained 24 ball bearings in casings some years ago which i used for moving heavy benches in the workshop and then had some skates in mind......this skate is upside down to show the rolling side of the ball bearings

i cut some thick laminated plywood into equal size pieces and cut the holes for the bearing cases....they were a nice tight fit........6 bearings on each skate

it didnt take long to cut the holes with a hole cutter in a pedestal drill....finnally four were made and i was itching to try them out... :woowoo:

they are unfinished at this stage....i am going to add small pieces of timber at both ends of the skate to cusion the wheel so it doesnt roll off......
so jacking the car and placing on the skates doesnt take long

and once in place i can push the car closer to the wall....handy for the hybernation period......all in all ive gained about 2ft more space using the skates which is a lot when you see the extra space ......picture below is before the skates used

and this picture is with the skates fitted and pushed to the wall......i plan to put a permanent buffer to stop the car touching the wall........

skates can be bought for around £60 for four...but these cost me nowt........handy if someone blocks the drive with there car...i can skate them back down the road.... :coat:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, cairnsys, sworkscooper, SundanceUK, COMMANDER

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #171854

Another drama
well recovered "again" last night. Halfway home from work grinding noise when changing gear and lots of vibration pulled over to have a look.
As per another post a couple of months ago the engine mount had let go! one bolt had sheared the other had come loose damaging the thread in the mount, until the bottom pully was trying to grind the subframe away.
Removing it was a bit of fun in the dark last night but I have managed to remove the sheared bolt and tidy up the thread on the other so hopefully back together later I am sure this is character building!
BTW which hero designed the mount so the center bolt is directly behind the rubber mounting?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #171858

Fitting new, well, second hand crash bar and front bumper subsequent to hitting a hedge a few weeks ago.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by cairnsys. Reason: Inserted pics

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #171859

Why are the pics not showing below the text but as attachments?

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #171868

I normlaly pop them on to photobox and then use the picture link instead
The following user(s) said Thank You: COMMANDER

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #171878

:woohoo: They have come up properly this morning !!! Chris.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #171880

:woohoo: They have come up properly this morning !!! Chris.

I inserted them for you B)
Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: c.steffan, COMMANDER

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172303

Fitted low coolant level tank and system on daughters TF115. Couldn't work out why it wouldn't alarm when the float was held down til I realised the screwdriver I was using was magnetised :rant:
Fitted hands free also to Pioneer radio .... Beeping brilliant
Fitted 3 different hardtops including one Heritage version and decided that any form off configuration control went out of the window when they were made!! :rant: t They fit where they touch and are up to 20mm diferent side to side! Daughter got to Cardiff and then complained that the sun was out and all the other MGs had the roof down.

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172322

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Ah, the joys of life... ;)
Just remember with women, it's always your fault. :bust:
David
:shrug:

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172344

Repaired the trailing arm links so theyre now straight and fitted the new remapped ecu. Only as i have to wit until monday to get the tracking done i didnt want to take her too far on the test drive as it handles like a drunk pig now...
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Wocha bin doin on your MG this week then? 7 years 7 months ago #172376

Ironed out the twisted label on my coolant header tank. Its nice and flat now! ;)

Sundance

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT